Menu

Ignore this thread!

Well, I WAS going to start my online defensive driving course, but DD16 is using the TV just a few feet away to watch her Great Courses French lectures.  I can't concentrate on anything online until she's done.

I'd go upstairs to do some stuff, but DD13 is being noisy up there AND I what I need (in order to figure out what I need to do) is down here.  I have to wait until French lessons are over.

My kids' educations are keeping me from working.  Yeah, that's it.

• Like 2

Same day surgery. The waiting room is awful. DH will be bored.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  to both of you.  I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly with only good surprises.

• Like 1

I found half of the music.  I will keep looking because, like Lynn, it will bug me if I don't.  I will also look because I need to know where it is.  I kept it because I actually use it so it isn't something I want to stay lost.  But I am not going to ignore my other responsibilities.  So today I have one area assigned to decluttering (where the rest might be) but if it isn't there, I will most likely not do any more until tomorrow. 

Don't you like it when a plan comes together?

(1,500 points to who figures where that comes from.)

• Like 2

DD16's French lessons have concluded for today, but unfortunately my brain is mush now.  As Dad would put it I am out of the planning and conceptualizing stage and into the execution phase (doing to grunt work needed to fulfill the plans), but I'm out of grunt work until I plan more.  I want to watch some TV to decompress, but it will attract and distract DD16, who needs to keep her brain awake for going over math with DH after he gets home from work.  I have torn things asunder here, too, freeing up some furniture to take to Dad's new place, so I can't even find the books I had started reading.

Phooey.  Pout.  Whine.  

And I don't want to cook supper, though I likely will.  Hash.  I'll make a hash of it.

• Like 3

I get stressed way too easily.  But then I stress about getting stressed. . . .   

#proofthatIshouldbeahermit

You and me both.  My personal morning recitation includes all the comings and goings for the day - then when something gets changed or canceled it messes up the whole plan.  Like taking a dancer out of a carefully choreographed routine.  (That was a sentence fragment.  yay grammar.)

• Like 2

Ds22’s apartment-mate has offered us her old rat cage free. 👠We will give her some cash for it anyway because it’s a top-of-the-line cage, but even so, it’s a huge savings for us!

Any luck with the rest of the music, Jean? That would make me nuts, too. Especially if I knew it was the only available copy.

Kitty cat show up yet?

I have been grumpy. Need the Cranky Pants with attitude shield and extra-creamy chocolate. Note to self: do not fast on the first day back to school!

• Like 4

Well, I WAS going to start my online defensive driving course, but DD16 is using the TV just a few feet away to watch her Great Courses French lectures.  I can't concentrate on anything online until she's done.

I'd go upstairs to do some stuff, but DD13 is being noisy up there AND I what I need (in order to figure out what I need to do) is down here.  I have to wait until French lessons are over.

My kids' educations are keeping me from working.  Yeah, that's it.

You need a headset.

Is she sleepwalking, or is she worried about something?

It's not sleepwalking; she's responding when I call her name. I don't know what the issue was. When I asked her last night, she said she needed to touch the door. When I asked her a few minutes ago, she said she was trying to figure out how to sneak up on me. By the door????

• Like 1

You and me both.  My personal morning recitation includes all the comings and goings for the day - then when something gets changed or canceled it messes up the whole plan.  Like taking a dancer out of a carefully choreographed routine.  (That was a sentence fragment.  yay grammar.)

I don't think that people who don't homeschool understand how many moving parts I have going on in this complex choreography.  If I don't get the anatomy and physiology stuff graded then dd can't proceed because if she had missed something then it affects her understanding going forward.  Plus, I had to plan anatomy and physiology for this week (something I couldn't do ahead of time because I had to have time and money to order stuff from HST - something I just did last week. )  The A & P lab that I planned for Friday can get done on Friday because by then because hopefully my HST order will be here. . .   I realize that different people have varying degrees of complexity but the complexity I have from doing all this myself is offset by not having to gear my schedule to that of a co-op or an online class, so we all have our own choreography to manage.

This music is a distraction on the side.  I haven't had a free moment to look any more and probably won't until this evening when I'm exhausted because I still have tons of normal choreographed tasks to complete.  Plus, dd just asked to go on a Target run.  :willy_nilly:  Ack!  A monkey wrench in my plans!  Or is that just a monkey?   :smash: 

• Like 6

I have spent the day in bed. Just finishing up History with my little girls. William the Conqueror. Been reading TR. and I have to share a passage, which is in my opinion, the best birthday greeting ever. I sat and chuckled over this for minutes. Keep in mind, TR is at this time President Roosevelt.

“Elihu Root (TR’s former Sec of War), who over the years had developed an almost paternal tenderness for him (TR), sent a note to the White House:’I congratulate you on attaining the respectable age of 46. You have made a very good start in life and your friends have great hopes for you when you grow up.’†(“Theodore Rex†by Edmund Morris)

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

I have spent the day in bed. Just finishing up History with my little girls. William the Conqueror. Been reading TR. and I have to share a passage, which is in my opinion, the best birthday greeting ever. I sat and chuckled over this for minutes. Keep in mind, TR is at this time President Roosevelt.

“Elihu Root (TR’s former Sec of War), who over the years had developed an almost paternal tenderness for him (TR), sent a note to the White House:’I congratulate you on attaining the respectable age of 46. You have made a very good start in life and your friends have great hopes for you when you grow up.’†(“Theodore Rex†by Edmund Morris)

I like it.

• Like 1

I'm playing with a watercolor shadow technique called vanishing purple. The idea is that you paint your shadows in first, using a combination of purples depending on how deep you want the shadow to be. When it is dry, you carefully glaze over it in the color you want. We will see if it works as well as described.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

I have to find my copy (Christmas present)!  This is one of the bits that got chopped out of the "author-approved" abridgment for the audio book.  I started reading it and was relishing in the missed bits.  Where did I put that book?!?

• Like 2

I'm tired. I got a little writing done after the hospital pre-admission fun-and-games, and I'll eat something for dinner, although I'm not particularly hungry. Probably I snacked on too many cookies. The boys are having trouble with the rooster. I guess the dragon-bird is having a Monday.

ETA: The rooster was subjected to the indignity of being wrapped up in a towel. At least now he has something to be mad about.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

If I didn't have this music lady hanging over my head (what is she doing there?), I would be very happy with all that I got done today.  Leaving in five minutes to pay one bill in person (because the bank says that it will take five days to pay a bill to the office that is literally four blocks away from them).  Then Target.  Then home.  I found frozen TJ mini tacos that I can toss in the oven for supper.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. 

• Like 6

Is she learning the language?  Language learning is best done in smaller chunks daily, in my opinion. 

She is supposed to be learning the language, though right now she seems to be using the lectures most as something to watch, since she is electronically grounded.  After we get Dad moved we will be establishing routines again and cracking down on the studies.  At that time she will be doing a LOT more rigorous pursuit of the language, whether I find a live class for her to join or not.

• Like 1

If I didn't have this music lady hanging over my head (what is she doing there?), I would be very happy with all that I got done today.  Leaving in five minutes to pay one bill in person (because the bank says that it will take five days to pay a bill to the office that is literally four blocks away from them).  Then Target.  Then home.  I found frozen TJ mini tacos that I can toss in the oven for supper.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. 

I am happy with all that you got done today!  Go, Jean!

And thanks for the reminder that I wanted to get to Trader Joe's this week to look for their Mandarin Orange chicken.  And their olive baguettes.  I might have to peek at those mini tacos.  Perhaps tomorrow, if I take more stuff over to the new apartment and run other errands.  Something is niggling at me to peek at their produce section, too, though I can't remember what fruit or veggie is calling me from there.

• Like 2

We schooled today.  We moved DD13's big dresser into her new room, though we need DH to help straighten one drawer.  It went in crooked, and now we can't get it out.  

We had shuffled around some bookcases so Dad would get the odd-colored one (the first of those we had acquired, and they changed the colors so all of the rest of ours match but not that one).  I just now finished putting the A/V disks back on the shelves, and managed to match up several CDs and cases while I was at it.  I also have corraled in one place CDs (and one DVD) still missing their cases and cases still missing their CDs.  Those are around this house somewhere, I know!

I washed some laundry and got DD16 to run some of hers.  I labeled ALL of Dad's bedding (except the quilt), and wrote myself a reminder to label the towels I have already taken over to his new apartment (they include flat linen service once a week, but recommend the resident's items all be labeled).  I did organize a couple of task lists for tomorrow, and I cooked a stir-fry for lunch.  

I guess I did get a reasonable amount of stuff done.  Time to go make hash.

• Like 2

I don't think I could do a pb and j at any time of day.  :ack2:

I haven't eaten a pb and j in several decades.  I've never liked them.  But, it's an easy food that the kids can do themselves.  Some years ago it became breakfast food at our house.  I don't cook breakfast.  Most of the kids don't like cereal.  Some of them will eat yogurt.  And oatmeal is banned.  Hence, pb and j for breakfast.

• Like 2