Menu

Ignore this thread!

It’s like my life coach has a super life coach.

My BFF has some experience with PTSD, which shares many traits and coping strategies with traumatic brain injury.  She also, in younger days, used to do house clear-outs for estate agents.  I'm just grateful she hasn't tired of me talking about the Dad Project and all the details yet.  She has very good insight.

• Like 4

Triple points for quoting myself twice.   I had to go searching for the posts, but I knew they were there somewhere.  I don't talk to anyone else, so I must have told ITT. 

5,000 bonus points just for hunting the old posts down!

• Like 5

I have just sent Gymnast back to bed for the 4th time. She keeps getting up and quietly walking to the front door to touch it. (I'm sitting on the living room sofa so see her do it.)

Is she sleepwalking, or is she worried about something?

• Like 1

Ugh. So last week this woman called me out of the blue wanting to “ catch upâ€. Then I discovered that she really wanted all this music that I have. So I said“yes†because I knew exactly where it is. Only it isn’t there. And it wasn’t in place B or C or D. Sigh. So if she calls tomorrow I am going to have to confess that I can’t find it right now. Only I am going to be having to search far and wide for days because no one else has this and I can’t just tell her “tough luck, Charlie “. Double sigh. Before she called I was feeling pretty good about the baby steps that I have been making in getting all organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

In my unending experiences with getting organized this is a normal part of the process -- organizing something into someplace so logical I can't find it later.  Once she no longer needs it it will turn up and you will say to yourself either "Why couldn't I remember I put it there?  That's so logical!" or "Why on earth did I put this HERE?!?"

• Like 4

Today is Gymnast's 7th birthday! I put two gifts under the tree. Last day of the rest of the Christmas decorations!

Happy birthday, Gymnast!!!!!   :party:  :party:  :party:

• Like 2

I would just tell her tough luck and not feel bad. Why are you going to stress yourself out for some woman who hasn’t cared to contact you in years? No. I looked, I didn’t find it where I thought it was, I’ll call you in a decade when I stumble across it. Goodbye.

You were nice. You did try. Give yourself some grace and tell her you can’t find it.

Now, if she wants to come over and organize your stuff for you during times that fit into your life and schedule in hopes of stumbling across it, that’s perfectly acceptable. See, because that’s what I would do for someone I considered a friend if I needed something that badly.

Say it’s lost.

I agree.  Except, it would bug me that it wasn't where I thought it was.  So I would keep looking for my own sanity.  

Good morning! It's The Queen's favorite day!

We have just rain, no ice. Regular day of school plus ortho appt., eye dr., violin/viola lessons, children's choir, and Boy Scouts. I need to print and fill out some forms and try to get ahold of the office for orchestra class.

Don't take risks on treacherous roads!

Coffee

Dh drove for me - yay!  And it turns out the roads weren't bad.  Just our walkway, the parking lot and anywhere a person needed to walk.

My BFF has some experience with PTSD, which shares many traits and coping strategies with traumatic brain injury.  She also, in younger days, used to do house clear-outs for estate agents.  I'm just grateful she hasn't tired of me talking about the Dad Project and all the details yet.  She has very good insight.

I need your BFF to come here and do a clear out and help me with coping strategies!! 

• Like 5

Back to a routine today, and I. Don't. Wanna.

The kids are not the problem. I am the problem. Time to drink some coffee and suck it up.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

• Like 1

All caught up (for the moment).  Time to deal with the dinging dryer and get started on class time.  Then I really need to get organized about what I need to get done before returning to Colorado.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Monday!!👎👎

School starts up again!!😱😱😱

Rain!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🎉🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Still sick!!😩😩😩👎👎👎. I have an optometrist appointment today that i’m Going to have to cancel. I really with these antibiotics would kick in.

• Like 5

I agree with ikslo, but a little nicer...lol.

Besides, I can't believe NO ONE else has this. Google is a thing. Google can find it.

Google can’t find it. This is music that was written by a group of us. Everyone else got rid of most, if not all of it. Except for me because I use it for camp. Now this other woman wants to digitize it. Once she’s done, google might be able to find it.

• Like 7

Good morning!!

I'm up! Cofffeeeeeeee!!

I would love to just stay home!!

I am, hopefully, starting a new job sometime this week!!

A 3rd job?

The other birthday gift is her first violin lesson. I hope she likes it; she's been wanting to play since she was 4.

Happy birthday!
  • Like 1

I can't figure out how to apply to the lottery school and I feel like an idiot. The chances we'll get in are like 0/9,999,999,999 (perhaps a smidge higher). The chances she will choose that school or even agree to try it for 6th grade are even lower. But it's top ten fifty in the country so... I want her to have a chance. If only I weren't so dense.

Edited by Tsuga
  • Like 3

All three turtles in the house are creeping through the day. French and Latin went down with little angst. We remembered more than we thought we would. Math is ongoing and I haven't heard a complaint. Still, we usually have most of the short day completed by noon. I don't know that we'll make it today. 

I did my French, Latin and started my housekeeping for the day. 

• Like 3

Happy Birthday, Gymnast!!!

Get better soon, JJM!! No dying, as per ITT contract.

Got DS to school, got the kids their school lists done, finishing breakfast so I can take my horse pill and not throw up.... then back to bed.

Well, so much for that plan...pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

(((JJM))) Dh coughed for 3 months.

fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 3

I agree.  Except, it would bug me that it wasn't where I thought it was.  So I would keep looking for my own sanity.

I lost my sanity a long time ago.

BOOYAH!

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 5

I found half of the music.  I will keep looking because, like Lynn, it will bug me if I don't.  I will also look because I need to know where it is.  I kept it because I actually use it so it isn't something I want to stay lost.  But I am not going to ignore my other responsibilities.  So today I have one area assigned to decluttering (where the rest might be) but if it isn't there, I will most likely not do any more until tomorrow. 

• Like 5

Now Persnickety Cat is missing. She didn’t show up for breakfast this morning, and she always shows up for breakfast. The kids looked in her favorite hiding place, they looked in the garage.... no Socks.😩 I hope she shows up soon.

This post made me think of this poem:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45322/the-eagle-56d224c9a41d1  by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

(Sorry ...  :leaving: )

I was dragging my feet and dreading today for no reason apparently. Read-aloud is done. Math is done. Phonics is done. Now the boys are working on a project in Scratch Jr. and I am about to make lunch. Things are rolling along incredibly smoothly.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Google can’t find it. This is music that was written by a group of us. Everyone else got rid of most, if not all of it. Except for me because I use it for camp. Now this other woman wants to digitize it. Once she’s done, google might be able to find it.

Oooooh, ok. Well, in that case, right now, it's lost. But, is it a current priority. Like, a RIGHT NOW priority? Or, can it wait while you continue to organize things?

I can't figure out how to apply to the lottery school and I feel like an idiot. The chances we'll get in are like 0/9,999,999,999 (perhaps a smidge higher). The chances she will choose that school or even agree to try it for 6th grade are even lower. But it's top ten fifty in the country so... I want her to have a chance. If only I weren't so dense.

I remember those odds. One school, Dancer was like number 400 out of 35-50 spaces.  :svengo:  The same year, she was about the same place with the same odds at a second school. It was crazy. The next year, we tried again and her odds were slightly higher, but not by much. It was for the 7th and 8th grades.

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Monday!!👎👎

School starts up again!!😱😱😱

Rain!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🎉🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Still sick!!😩😩😩👎👎👎. I have an optometrist appointment today that i’m Going to have to cancel. I really with these antibiotics would kick in.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Is there a number or chat option to allow you to ask for help?

Now Persnickety Cat is missing. She didn’t show up for breakfast this morning, and she always shows up for breakfast. The kids looked in her favorite hiding place, they looked in the garage.... no Socks.😩 I hope she shows up soon.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Well, school is done except for free writing time and cookie baking. Cleaning is more or less finished. I need to go get my pre-admit stuff done at the hospital and then I guess I'll know what I need to get ready for tomorrow. 

Good luck with everything tomorrow!  Are you in-patienting or out-patienting?

• Like 1

We were expecting a little rain sometime this weekend.  There was some very slight drizzle, almost very light fog, during the day yesterday.  A little before 10 PM last night KABOOM!  RumbarumbarumbaBOOM!  The meteorologist was saying "Earlier we were predicting we would get some rain about 10 PM tonight, and there it is!  Loud, isn't it?"

The whole area got more storm than expected, with hail (at our place, mixed in with the rain) and some circulation and vortexing in some of the storm cells.  There was a lot of wind.  I looked out a window into the backyard to check things out and noticed our canopy swing was lying on its back.  I figured that was for the best.

The storm woke both kids up, apparently, but neither was expecting it to have blown the swing over.  Physics, girls, physics.

Back to school day for us.  So far so good!

Reading, geography (including lots of catching up), and piano are done for all five kids.  Plus everyone is fed and dh has been delivered to work (because of broken wrist).  

Bible was completed in advance before Christmas, so we can skip that today. Spelling is this afternoon, and then math will just be a group introduction to some fun new games I purchased, so that will be easy to do this afternoon too.  Choir run is at 4:30, which will include picking dh back up again and buying a rotisserie chicken for dinner.

And Oil Delivery Guy just showed up!  Yay for heat!!  

• Like 8

Back to school day for us.  So far so good!

Reading, geography (including lots of catching up), and piano are done for all five kids.  Plus everyone is fed and dh has been delivered to work (because of broken wrist).  

Bible was completed in advance before Christmas, so we can skip that today. Spelling is this afternoon, and then math will just be a group introduction to some fun new games I purchased, so that will be easy to do this afternoon too.  Choir run is at 4:30, which will include picking dh back up again and buying a rotisserie chicken for dinner.

And Oil Delivery Guy just showed up!  Yay for heat!!  

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:   Good heat just warms my soul!  Yay for heat!

• Like 1