Menu

Ignore this thread!

Now I have less than an hour to eat lunch, shower and then drive forty minutes to pick dd up from the campground where she is with her day camp and then an hour to the children's hospital where we will have what will probably be a 15 minute consult. 

Let us know what happened.

• Like 2

Warning: Educational Post ahead.

If this post causes you to have chills, nausea, vomiting or severe symptoms of any kind, please make your way to the ITT Island where Rocco will be glad to massage your feet and bring you a tall cool beverage with an umbrella in it.

I ordered Lit books for DS. He's doing American History with Nottgrass this year.  Some of the books we've read (Little Town on the Prairie and Blue Willow - which btw, is my all time favorite kids book in the whole entire world, and I know I've told y'all that before, but I'm telling you again because I just love that book.) and so I'm trying to sub different books. Has anyone ever read, "Hattie Big Sky"? I'd never heard of it, but it's a Newberry Honor book and the synopsis looked pretty good. Subbing that for the Laura Ingalls book. I'd love to sub "The Witch of Blackbird Pond", but we've read that one, too. And "The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle" and "Carry on Mr. Bowditch" and a bunch of other awesome historical fiction.

• Like 4

I have never shampooed my carpets. :leaving: (You all wanted to know that, right?) And now you're too grossed out to come for a visit. We'll just have to meet up on the island instead.

You're me!

Except with more kids and a (ex) military husband. Okay, you're not me at all. Never mind. :leaving:

• Like 5

Love? Hate? English or Spanish? I watched the first few episodes a while back and LOVED them but the teA! Oh, the teA! Someone could get pregnant from watching that show.

So is being fat, but that hasn't stopped me.  :coolgleamA:

Meh. I was reading them when I was working full time and working on a Masters and needed something to read that wasn't preschool level or a textbook. It was enough at the time to make me want to continue reading them, they were ebooks I could check out from my library at midnight, and read from my phone.

• Like 2

Edpo warning.  (By the way, auto correct wants to change it to Expo.  So if you see a expo warning, just know it might be educational.)

So, if we're starting on school on Monday, I thought maybe I should finish filing away last years school work.  In some kind of organized fashion.  It's all over my bed right now.  Might be a late night.   :leaving:

• Like 4

Hi. We're back from Children's. 45 min appt in which the Nurse practitioner took a much more detailed history than any of the doctors. Now we just wait for biopsy day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detailed histories are good.

I'm glad you had a good appointment,

And this is a Good Appointment Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

:seeya:

I had a screaming bad migraine last night, so I spent most of my day holed up in my bedroom with my lights off. I plunked on some headphones and sat and watched movies all by myself. I'm feeling a lot better.

I liked this because you're feeling better, not because another migraine locked you in your room...watching movies all by yourself...waaaaaait a minute. That sounds kind of nice right now. Maybe because I have a headache.

• Like 2

I liked this because you're feeling better, not because another migraine locked you in your room...watching movies all by yourself...waaaaaait a minute. That sounds kind of nice right now. Maybe because I have a headache.

Yep.  Lock yourself in your room with some chocolate and a good movie.   :thumbup1:

• Like 4

At the end of the appointment I was asked to wait outside while the NP talked to dd alone.  Dd said that they asked her if she took drugs or alcohol.  I have no problem with them asking her this.  They need an honest answer in order to give her the best care. They also told her that they give every single female over age 12 a pregnancy test before doing any procedure that involves anesthesia.  I don't have a problem with that either.  And no, dd doesn't do drugs or alcohol and she's not pregnant. 

• Like 5

We're starting to seriously consider the possibility of moving. 

Come here.  We have very little crime.  What crime there is tends to be crankster-on-crankster.  If you try to victimize anyone else, you'll probably get shot.  Lots of people carry here and virtually everyone keeps guns at home.  Not a good place to set up your shingle to be a criminal. :001_smile:  (Which may be why eleventy billion retired cops live here.)

• Like 4

At the end of the appointment I was asked to wait outside while the NP talked to dd alone. Dd said that they asked her if she took drugs or alcohol. I have no problem with them asking her this. They need an honest answer in order to give her the best care. They also told her that they give every single female over age 12 a pregnancy test before doing any procedure that involves anesthesia. I don't have a problem with that either. And no, dd doesn't do drugs or alcohol and she's not pregnant.

Bummer. Maybe next time.

I agree, at 15 with these problems they need to know these things.

How is your health? You've been awfully busy.

I have to people if I want food. 😭

I have already decided not to bother to learn cousin's girlfriend's name bc

1. She is not very friendly.

2. She's only a gf, who knows if she's gonna last?

3. I never want to travel again.

4. It's my pathetic rebellion against living in a house with 25 people for 4.5 more days.

Off to people...

Oh honey! I didn't realize you were in the 7th level of hell! Sound like the ENB may need to intervene. If all else fails, duct tape.

• Like 4

They. ruined. Beauty. and the Beast.  :crying:  Maybe my expectations were too high from Cinderella, but I feel like this was bad.

(((Slache))) It was bad. Go watch Harry Potter and you'll feel better.

I want the silver one!

• Like 2

I have to people if I want food. 😭

I have already decided not to bother to learn cousin's girlfriend's name bc

1. She is not very friendly.

2. She's only a gf, who knows if she's gonna last?

3. I never want to travel again.

4. It's my pathetic rebellion against living in a house with 25 people for 4.5 more days.

Off to people...

I'm so sorry!!!!!  I wouldn't learn her name, either.

• Like 1

Babiness is happening.

I didn't like the changes in Beauty and The Beast. I don't mind the additions like the backstory, but they changed lyrics and personalities and stuff. No me gusta.

Also, I completely missed the controversial thing. Like, didn't even notice it. Did they take it out?

• Like 1

They. ruined. Beauty. and the Beast.  :crying:  Maybe my expectations were too high from Cinderella, but I feel like this was bad.

I never saw the original.   :leaving:

Babiness is happening.

I didn't like the changes in Beauty and The Beast. I don't mind the additions like the backstory, but they changed lyrics and personalities and stuff. No me gusta.

Also, I completely missed the controversial thing. Like, didn't even notice it. Did they take it out?

There was never anything controversial.  They just made it up for publicity.  imho.  

• Like 1

What happened??

Oh nothing major. It was set up like a pep rally show on the stage with loud music and dancing and awkward stuff. When the university president got up to speak, he just rambled on aimlessly and his main point was that a lot of famous people send their kids to this university, so it must be a good school and that's why you should want to come here, too. Also, you can see lots of famous people in the area (because it's Nashville) and down the street at The Pancake Pantry.

I'm sure it appealed to the potential commercial music majors, but dd19 and I were not impressed. Of course, the commercial music major has become the bread and butter of the school because it inspires a whole lot of donations from all those famous people you can see at The Pancake Pantry. :D

Also the financial aid director mentioned 4 times, quite sternly, that you must NOT contact them after receiving your financial aid packet in hopes of getting more financial aid. Just Don't Do It! It was weird.

I have been to a lot of admissions events at public and private universities and have never experienced anything so completely off-putting as that one.

• Like 1