Menu

Ignore this thread!

To all my peeps who need them, :grouphug: .

I was up before you this morning, Junie, I think, but I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open to get ready for work.  Typing and hitting send would have put me over the edge.

I am completely finished with my Christmas shopping.  Everything is wrapped.  I just have to make cookies and Monkey Bread and tell sweetly "remind" DH he's cooking Christmas dinner.

• Like 9

To all my peeps who need them, :grouphug: .

I am completely finished with my Christmas shopping.  Everything is wrapped.  I just have to make cookies and Monkey Bread and tell sweetly "remind" DH he's cooking Christmas dinner.

I got everything, except I forgot the underwear!  :svengo:

I still need to go to The Walmart/AFSA tonight after DH gets home from work. I need to stop stressing about this gift giving thing. It's really making me a wreck.
  • Like 5

Are 6 year old girls supposed to be emotional???? I don't remember this age.

Maybe Gymnast is just a tv addict (thanks dh!  :glare: ) and she needs a lot more hours of screen-free time. This child is having a meltdown because the Signing Time Christmas DVD got an error halfway through, and when she asked what can she do, I told her she can sit in her chair and eat. "But what can I watch?" "Nothing." Tears followed. 

She's still sniffling after about 10 minutes. This is ridiculous.

I do plan on putting on a version of The Nutcracker later.

• Like 6

I still need to go to The Walmart/AFSA tonight after DH gets home from work. I need to stop stressing about this gift giving thing. It's really making me a wreck.

Gift-giving doesn't stress me. It's the whole overspending thing, because I want all the things for all the people.

• Like 4

And the saga continues.

"Mommy, what are we going to do?"

"Well, I'm going to eat."

"Can I watch something?"

"No."

A slight whine escapes, sniffling, tears, all the things that I am currently ignoring. Because I'm good at that. Until I'm not.

Have her tell you a story.  She can draw a picture to go with it. 

DS used to do this and then tape it to a box.  PoorMeTV.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 8

At work, having a picnic with dd17 before i start mu actual shift, enjoying my coffee.

Is it a bad sign that when i order my coffee at the tim horton's they know i want a sleeve on it now before i ask? Or that they know me and my work schedule based on my coffee order? I might need to take a break from there for January. I think i might be over doing the coffee buying.

• Like 6

Which one of y'all has arthritis?  Anyone? 

I woke up this morning with a swollen middle finger on my right hand, and the knuckle (or proximal interphalangeal joint) hurts; I could barely bend it.  It is still swollen (although not red or bruised), and although I can bend it without pain, there is discomfort and whatnot.

So I'm looking for advice/home remedies in case this becomes a thing. 

I hope this does not become a thing.

I woke up this morning with a swollen middle finger on my right hand, and the knuckle (or proximal interphalangeal joint) hurts; I could barely bend it.  It is still swollen (although not red or bruised), and although I can bend it without pain, there is discomfort and whatnot.

:grouphug:

I think we have two here on ITT: Junie, and maybe Prairiewind. I may be wrong.

• Like 1

My coffee pot is broken. :(

But, practically, to help in your time of need:

When our coffee pot was broken, we got creative (or desperate). If I remember correctly, we brewed it in a pot on the stove and then strained it with the coffee filter. Or something like that. We may have even put the coffee filter in the stove pot and just strained the other floaties. It's been a while.

ETA: And, it's a coffee Booya!

6859a52c4628a4037c178fa57d077367.jpg     booya-good-sir-men-s-premium-t-shirt.jpg

Edited by Renai
  • Like 9

He might be entertained by a laundry. My youngest yowler has been known to do this little skip hop whenever she sees me carrying a load of freshly dried towels. She wants to nest in them.

Ours is a Dishwasher Cat.  He comes running when I start to open the dishwasher.  He helps me to pull down the door and then sits on it while I unload and then load the dishwasher again.  He gets nothing out of this process but he loves it. 

• Like 6

Did you guys see this http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/632548-update-post-118-help-me-make-hospital-and-nicu-as-good-as-possible/?

At 1:56, they delivered him via c-section (thankfully not a vertical one!). 1 lb. 1 oz. 11" long. They were able to intubate him, thankfully, and he's in the NICU. They say he's doing okay. He needs a transfusion because his platelets are low. (Thank you for alerting me about that so I knew it was normal.). He apparently is a fighter and wants to move. They had to wrap him up snugly because he was grabbing his tubes. A little while ago, they told me he wasn't needing any oxygen.

1lb.  Wow.

• Like 3

Well, I took the girls to the Thrift Shop. They got their Christmas shopping done. I just love doing things with my girls. They are so sweet and they don't fight with each other. Then, we wrapped said gifts and it's done. My two youngest got gifts for everyone on their lists for about $5. The Thrift Shop had 50% off all Christmas items, so lots of ornaments and Christmas mugs were purchased.

• Like 7

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Take some anti-inflammatories.  Maybe you slept on it weirdly and sprained it?

• Like 1