Menu

Ignore this thread!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Take some anti-inflammatories.  Maybe you slept on it weirdly and sprained it?

I did take something for it earlier.  Maybe I slept on weirdly.  Yeah, that's it.  I'm not getting old, I just slept on it funny.  Let's go with that. :hat:

I've been doing some hand exercises throughout the day.  It feels better, but still looks swollen. 

• Like 4

The coffee emergency has been temporarily solved. Dd17 went to the dollar general and bought a coffee maker we can use until I can order one from Amazon or brave The Wal-Mart. Any suggestions for one that will last longer than 6 months?

I tend to shoot for whatever is cheap or mid-range at Walmart.  Here, we're as likely to break the glass pot as the coffee maker itself, so I don't worry too much about longevity, lol.  

• Like 4

So, (educational post of the day), I am playing with the idea of using Classical Writing Aesop next year with youngest dd.  I owned it years back thinking I would use its with oldest, but never really got off the ground.  But now that I don't have so many little ones (actually, any, lol), I think it might be the combination I'm looking for.  Maybe.  Cause I've been thinking about all the goals of English/Lang. Arts, and I don't want a gazillion workbooks, but I also don't want to be pulling it all out of my head every day.  Maybe CW Aesop would be the right balance.  Maybe I'm experienced enough now to use it without freaking out about getting every little thing just perfect.  Maybe.    

• Like 6

It was me. You're welcome. (Now forget about her and hug your kids.)

Thanks. I don't know who it was so I'm under no obligation to contact her. Despite her brain not working right I do believe she is nice and she would give me that out. She's been really bad the past year and I wonder if her "breaking up" with me was her trying to give me a break, not her.

I'm sure this makes no sense to any of you! Oi. Family, huh?

Edited by Slache
  • Like 7

So, (educational post of the day), I am playing with the idea of using Classical Writing Aesop next year with youngest dd.  I owned it years back thinking I would use its with oldest, but never really got off the ground.  But now that I don't have so many little ones (actually, any, lol), I think it might be the combination I'm looking for.  Maybe.  Cause I've been thinking about all the goals of English/Lang. Arts, and I don't want a gazillion workbooks, but I also don't want to be pulling it all out of my head every day.  Maybe CW Aesop would be the right balance.  Maybe I'm experienced enough now to use it without freaking out about getting every little thing just perfect.  Maybe.    

I remember using it awhile back, using Spanish models. I don't remember how it went doing it, though. I did find an old post of mine talking about it though. It was interesting. http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/39538-what-im-seeking-in-our-bilingual-homeschool/?p=606902

Just remember to keep your expectations low. That way you won't freak out about getting every little thing perfect. :D

• Like 4

I didn't know you use Shriller. Why do you like it?

Oh, I forgot to put it in my signature. I used Shriller with Dancer when she was young (about 4-5), as I had won a giveaway and that was the prize. Later, I had the opportunity to download all the books since I was a customer. Miraculously, I've kept those files all these years. Dancer still remembers some of the songs, which I also have saved on mp3. It's all on my drive, which will last forever.

Anyway, it is very hands-on. I can look at the short lesson and just do it. I also have MEP 1 printed out, as I planned to use it as the main curriculum, but I've actually been using Shiller with MEP as a supplement (coloring,  a bit more writing although not much). The lessons in Shiller have covered the same exact thing as MEP, but in shorter lessons that are easier to glimpse over, skip, or combine.

Having said that, MEP is free, and manipulatives are implicit to its use. I wouldn't say to go out and buy Shiller.

• Like 1

I have to bake a whole pie. A pecan pie. On Saturday. Possibly in the rain. Alone.

I do not care for apple pie. I'm weird in many ways, but that's yet another weirdness of mine. 

Dancer doesn't like apple pie, either. In fact, as wonderful as she makes pies, she has confessed to me today that she doesn't think she really likes any pie at all.  :svengo:

• Like 2

Oh, and also about Shiller. I meant to say I STARTED Shiller when she was about 4-5. We continued with it through book 3, I believe; I don't think we finished book 3. I supplemented with Singapore by book 2. Maybe I should also mention that I did them in Spanish. :D

• Like 1

Matt won't go to the store to get me a pie. :(

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

The hugs are for everything and just because.  Tell Matt he gets to share in the hugs.  Even if he won't go to the store for pie right this moment.

Happy Solstice, Slashie!  This Booya is for you!  I even left the "h" off.  Just this once.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 7

I ketchupted.

The zoo was nice and nearly empty. They charged us half price for the 3 tickets we had to buy because it was the afternoon and gloomy weather! The goats were cute and the kangaroos were too cool to pay us any attention and the white gibbon made a dramatic appearance with her adorable baby.

This is the 3rd day in a row that I have forgotten to do laundry. Tomorrow I must go to the grocery stores and Dick's sporting goods.

Dawn, I am relieved that your coffee situation has been at least temporarily resolved!

Lana, you have a great heart and I am sure your dh appreciates your patience.

Today I kind of wished we had a cat.

I feel the hydrocodone kicking in. Sleep well, ITT!

• Like 7

Are you sleeping?

Are you sleeping?

Dear ITT thread,

Dear ITT thread.

I am still awake,

I am still awake.

Wish I weren't,

Wish I weren't.

Actually, I'm busy putting up archived blog posts and labeling posts and adding things to the sidebar layout of the blog and stuff like that. Because I don't have anything better to do. Except sleep.

My elbow hurts.  :nopity:

• Like 7

I would like to clarify that everything I post on my blog is true. As far as my ideal. As far as reality, it did/does not look like that everyday. However, the goals are spot on and reached. Eventually. Maybe I should make a blog post about that...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 7

I would like to clarify that everything I post on my blog is true. As far as my ideal. As far as reality, it did/does not look like that everyday. However, the goals are spot on and reached. Eventually. Maybe I should make a blog post about that...

I think that would make an excellent blog post.

• Like 6

It is 2 am. I should probably try to sleep now.

In other news, I've posted all the old posts from 2006 and 2007 on my blog. There were only 12 altogether because I was (and still am) a terrible blogger. That is something I would like to change. Maybe it could be one of my 17...

• Like 4

Are you sleeping?

Are you sleeping?

Dear ITT thread,

Dear ITT thread.

I am still awake,

I am still awake.

Wish I weren't,

Wish I weren't.

Actually, I'm busy putting up archived blog posts and labeling posts and adding things to the sidebar layout of the blog and stuff like that. Because I don't have anything better to do. Except sleep.

My elbow hurts.  :nopity:

I like the song.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:   Soothing hugs for the rest.

• Like 3

Visitation plans have changed a bit yet again for the first batch of out-of-town family coming in.  To be fair it is likely BIL's job that is causing the alterations, not BIL and family being indecisive.  Due to this there WILL be overlap between the two BILs' households being down to visit, which will be nice BUT a huge strain on ILs' house (every air mattress in use so everyone has someplace to stay, but they have 2 1/2 baths, a septic system, and would be holding 14 people minimum and six dogs).  Niblings WILL be coming over to our house to sleep over (I insist to relieve the pressure on their plumbing at the very least), and now I will have another most of a day to prepare for that.  The overlap doesn't happen until Christmas night so we will insist on no one sleeping over on Christmas eve.  We will have our family Christmas present opening that morning while ILs have theirs with first BIL's family, then we will join them later when other BIL's family arrives.

Today's priority: wrapping ILs' presents for our Christmas with them later this afternoon. They were in the house just yesterday (unexpectedly and usually always welcome, but) and MIL saw her big present, still unwrapped, darn it.  DH brought them into the house and room so he could show his Dad his own big Christmas present -- his new 3D printer, and MIL was looking at the slideshow on my computer screen and then noticed the big box next to my desk.  *Sigh*

After wrapping will come more house cleaning and getting out air mattresses.  I think in addition to me cleaning in preparation for sleep-overs I can have DH wrapping presents tomorrow.

It is all coming together.

A bonus present from the orthodontist yesterday -- DD12 mentioned her cheeks being rubbed and sore from the long stretch of wire in her mouth, so when they changed her wire they put tubing on the long stretches to cushion and prevent that.  She's quite happy at the timeliness of that!

They also were having a contest -- guess how many ornaments were hanging in the office.  The vast majority of them were a daunting mass festooning nearly the entire ceiling of the public areas, so people were just guessing and writing their guesses down.  I noticed, however, that each ornament had its own individual ribbon that was attached to the acoustic ceiling tiles.  Acoustic ceiling tiles make such a lovely grid, so I went row by row and square by square and counted each and every ornament in the place.  I wrote that down for my slip, and DD12 wrote down a number that was two off of mine, just in case I was a little wrong.  If we win one of the gift cards I hope we get the Carabba's one -- I like their food, and they usually have plenty of non-pasta options.

I'm feeling sluggish and don't really want to get going on tasks around here at the moment, but I really should.  I'll need to get second breakfast in just a bit, too.  I have a salmon poke awaiting me, so it will be a nice, different jot of protein for the morning!  I need to remind the girls they have their sushi rolls to eat for breakfast today, too, since they weren't here to eat them when I brought them home yesterday.

• Like 5

I think my finger issue is from the way I hold my cell phone... :leaving:

Have you been using your phone more than usual lately?  If so it could very well be.  You need to put that thing down and spend more time at a proper keyboard, visiting ITT.

• Like 4