Menu

Ignore this thread!

Renai, I'm sorry. I had menstrual migraines really bad as a teen. It was horrible. (((Dancer))) How's her skin?

Yes, that's what she has. Really bad. Between that, cramps, and her ankle, she was crying last night. Her skin is no better, but isn't spreading fast. That reminds me I need to call the university neurology department about her eye.

• Like 5

Pacer is a free app you can download on your phone. It counts steps. You might need to adjust the settings to record things accurrately, but once that's done it will record any steps you take while carrying the phone.

Sadly, I have no phone. Maybe it would work on my iPad and I can string it around my neck. :D

• Like 3

There is yarn in my coffee, dear 'Liza, dear 'Liza

There is yarn in my coffee, dear 'Liza, a yarn,

Then knit it, dear Susan, dear Susan, dear Susan,

Then knit it, dear Susan, dear Susan, knit it!

:)

This was the exact song I was thinking of!  :lol:

• Like 3

The dc ended up with Spaghettios for dinner.  They seem to still be alive, so I guess it's alright.

I have a spaghettios story:

I gave some to Dancer when she was about 3 years old. She loved it so much. Then promptly threw it all up.

We haven't had it since.

• Like 6

AMJ--I am an attorney; I am just not licensed for this state. :)

The correct letters behind the name are all that really matter. I had a problem once with a car. A board member of the company I worked for was a retired lawyer from a different state. He wrote a letter, and started the ball rolling to all kinds of good stuff for me. He didn't lie about his license or anything, it was enough to scare them though. Probably because they figured I had connections they didn't want to get involved with.

• Like 6

No one helps??

There's an ongoing... thing about whether booya should have an h at the end. Quackers is wrong.

Yes, that's what she has. Really bad. Between that, cramps, and her ankle, she was crying last night. Her skin is no better, but isn't spreading fast. That reminds me I need to call the university neurology department about her eye.

She's falling apart! My periods were better at about 21. I still get the migraines almost every month, but they aren't worth complaining about. I would call them slight headaches with migraines symptoms.

• Like 2

:seeya:

That's me, saying hi for myself, finally!  Jean did it so nicely for me earlier, I almost hate to bumble in and make a mess of it.  

We migrated South for most of the month of August, only to return this week to four birthdays in ten-days' time and all the school prep that I have yet to do because of course I did not do it while traveling in spite of my best intentions.  Thankfully here in the North school starts nice and LATE. We kick things off the week of September 12.  Maybe.   :willy_nilly: We shall see.  

I did manage to get my toenails painted tonight, in honor of being one of the four birthday peeps around here.  It is pretty much all that will be done to commemorate the great day, because, well..... four birthdays around here.  I painted them a coastal blue, which qualifies as life on the wild side for me.  Why, I chose it, I don't know.  Unless it's because it's the color of my SIL's fresh clean new bathroom walls and fresh clean new couch pillows, which I liked and coveted while on our great migration?  Somehow, that color on my toes doesn't exactly make up for my own mildewy bathroom and dated couch pillows, though.  

OH!  And my 4th edition TWTM was in the mail when we got home!  So there's also that for my birthday.  I am an old school first edition gal.  It is nice to see that cuisinaire rods now make the supplies lists.   :party:

• Like 9

How am I going to handle life?  Life at camp was so simple.  I had worked like a dog before camp so everything was all planned and for the most part prepped as well.  I did have a couple of things to prep there but not much.  And meals were all done for me - or I went into town and bought pre-made gluten free things that I popped in the microwave.  I got exercise without even having to think about it because you had to walk from the car to my teaching tent and to the bathrooms and to the cafeteria and to the music tent and to the sports field and . . .  you get the idea. 

Now I'm home and I got up at the same time as at camp and I worked all day on housework and paperwork and cooking but i barely got any steps.  As in I only got 1/3 of the steps that I'm supposed to get.  I was super tired by evening and so I didn't actually go for a walk.  And now I'm super achy because I didn't exercise but because I'm achy, I don't want to move.  Vicious circle. 

This was a day with no school but believe it or not, housework and paperwork and dinner still has to be done during the school year.  I know that I'm not a newbie at this and that it's always worked out but not exactly the way I'd like it to. 

I'm not sure what the purpose is for writing all this.  I guess I'm just sort of stream-of-consciousing here. 

• Like 9

Housework + paperwork + food = A WHOLE LOTTA TIME! (Yes, I am yelling.)

In fact, just food = a whole lotta time, without the other stuff.

My dh just told me about a severely overweight man who decided he needed to force himself to walk, so he kept no food in the house and walked 1 mile to the grocery for every meal.  So he walked 6 miles a day (and eventually lost 300 pounds). 

I have no idea what my point in this story is, except that I want more steps in my life too, and it's really hard to get any steps in while stuck inside my house for all my jobs, and I have no solution except maybe keep no food in my house??  

• Like 10

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

Sadly, I have no phone. Maybe it would work on my iPad and I can string it around my neck. :D

That would work.   :laugh:

There are lots of inexpensive pedometers out there, but be aware: many have a "threshold" of initial steps they don't count.  This is meant to help increase accuracy by providing a buffer--there are ways other than steps that the pedometer can be jostled enough to record a step, so the threshold is meant to give some leeway to allow for these and not count them.

This does mean, however, that not every step of yours will be counted.  Each time you start moving around the first 10 or so steps (whatever the threshold is set at) won't be counted; the device will only count the steps after that.  Some smarter devices will retroactively add those uncounted steps if you continue to walk after that, but a lot of them don't.  If you are primarily interested in logging the steps taken during a continuous workout this isn't a problem.  However, if you want to count every step you take in a day quite a lot of could potentially be skipped since a lot of housework involves a few steps here, stop, a few steps there, stop (think cooking and laundry).

Mostly just be aware of the possibility of a threshold and check out the specs before buying.

I did try the UP Move, since it was quite inexpensive and I could wear it in a clip instead of a wristband.  I ended up returning it due to problems-- I suspect my device was defective.  I did NOT request a replacement, however, because I was very underwhelmed with the customer service I received (they kept sending me instructions for addressing issues I wasn't having and not addressing the issues I was having).  I'm quite disappointed, since the device was comfortable enough to wear and small enough to stay out of the way.

• Like 3

Yay for Krissi's new floors! ((Hugs for schoolwork))

Boo for AMJ's tummy! C'mon now, Tummy, you've had your fun now leave AMJ alone!

I still blame the sunchokes on Saturday.  This morning my stomach feels better, and i hope it stays that way.  Having a supper of Pepto tablets wasn't fun, but it settled things down and I could sleep.  Still having a lot of gas, though, so today's supper for me will likely be a salad -- the family will likely get crockpot lasagna, to use up more noodles.

On the up-side the scale is continuing to creep downward!

• Like 4

This was the exact song I was thinking of!  :lol:

I received an email this morning notifying me that The Great Courses has now teamed up with Craftsy to put out 8 new courses.  Two are on quilting, one on sewing techniques, one on fitting garments for oneself, one knitting, one crocheting, and two woodworking.

• Like 4

Good morning. It is Tuesday.

I slept all night with the aide of medication. I only got up once, but I went right back to sleep. My body still feels so tired. I probably need a few nights of sleep to feel better.

So today is just another day. Same stuff, different day.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

• Like 9

:seeya:

That's me, saying hi for myself, finally!  Jean did it so nicely for me earlier, I almost hate to bumble in and make a mess of it.  

We migrated South for most of the month of August, only to return this week to four birthdays in ten-days' time and all the school prep that I have yet to do because of course I did not do it while traveling in spite of my best intentions.  Thankfully here in the North school starts nice and LATE. We kick things off the week of September 12.  Maybe.   :willy_nilly: We shall see.  

I did manage to get my toenails painted tonight, in honor of being one of the four birthday peeps around here.  It is pretty much all that will be done to commemorate the great day, because, well..... four birthdays around here.  I painted them a coastal blue, which qualifies as life on the wild side for me.  Why, I chose it, I don't know.  Unless it's because it's the color of my SIL's fresh clean new bathroom walls and fresh clean new couch pillows, which I liked and coveted while on our great migration?  Somehow, that color on my toes doesn't exactly make up for my own mildewy bathroom and dated couch pillows, though.  

OH!  And my 4th edition TWTM was in the mail when we got home!  So there's also that for my birthday.  I am an old school first edition gal.  It is nice to see that cuisinaire rods now make the supplies lists.   :party:

Hi, Ducky!  Welcome back!

I sympathize about birthday bonanzas; we have a couple of months each year that have such inundations.  And welcome to the late August birthday club!  Happy Birthday!

• Like 4

Housework + paperwork + food = A WHOLE LOTTA TIME! (Yes, I am yelling.)

In fact, just food = a whole lotta time, without the other stuff.

My dh just told me about a severely overweight man who decided he needed to force himself to walk, so he kept no food in the house and walked 1 mile to the grocery for every meal.  So he walked 6 miles a day (and eventually lost 300 pounds). 

I have no idea what my point in this story is, except that I want more steps in my life too, and it's really hard to get any steps in while stuck inside my house for all my jobs, and I have no solution except maybe keep no food in my house??  

Omigosh, this is so true.  We are only in our second week of school this fall and already we are falling behind because of all of the other time sinks.  And we haven't even started music lessons yet.  And we still need to get DD12 set up computer-wise so she can do two of her courses.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

• Like 4

Good morning, all!

Having no food in the house + lots of kids  = driving.  

Gym with childcare?

I once tried to do this because we had a local location for a chain that advertised a LOT about their free childcare.  It turns out not every location had every amenity they kept touting in their ads.  The nearest location that had the childcare was 30 minutes away (by freeway) and in a rather scary part of town.

Needless to say I did NOT join that gym.

Good morning. It is Tuesday.

I slept all night with the aide of medication. I only got up once, but I went right back to sleep. My body still feels so tired. I probably need a few nights of sleep to feel better.

So today is just another day. Same stuff, different day.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

Hooray for sleep!  Here's hoping the good sleep keeps a-comin' (at appropriate times and places, of course!)!

• Like 1

Okay, time for more breakfast (only had a banana so far).  DD15 is in the shower, and early-bird DD12 has finally arisen, stating that her extra 20 minutes in bed helped.  I see another growth spurt coming on.

More breakfast.

Breakfast-time meds.

Get in some walking.

Water and cool-down.

Make sure kids are dressed and have eaten breakfast.

Put away clean dishes and start loading the dishwasher again.

Class time lessons today, science this afternoon (still have one lab from last week to do, and more labs this week).

Crockpot lasagna to start for family's supper (don't start before 2 pm or the noodles are 'way too soft).

Don't forget lunch, vitamins, water, more walking, more kitchen clean-up, washing towels (especially kitchen towels)....

*sigh*

Good morning!

So glad you slept well, Dawn!

Quackers! Howdy! Love the story about the guy with no food in the house!

(((Dancer))) I am so sorry, it sounds miserable!

So just this morning, after 3 nights of little sleep and begging someone to cut off my arm and pleading with family members to look everywhere for the Benedryl or hydrocortisone cream which have disappeared from the first aid box, dh brought the thing of Benedryl cream to the breakfast table and asked if I thought it would help. 🤔😡😖 The presence of the kids has prevented me from opening my mouth for the past hour.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

So glad you slept well, Dawn!

Quackers! Howdy! Love the story about the guy with no food in the house!

(((Dancer))) I am so sorry, it sounds miserable!

So just this morning, after 3 nights of little sleep and begging someone to cut off my arm and pleading with family members to look everywhere for the Benedryl or hydrocortisone cream which have disappeared from the first aid box, dh brought the thing of Benedryl cream to the breakfast table and asked if I thought it would help. 🤔😡😖 The presence of the kids has prevented me from opening my mouth for the past hour.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:huh:

He is so lucky to have you.  He is so lucky to have you.  He is so lucky to have you.  He is SO LUCKY to have you....

• Like 5

My breakfast accomplished, thanks in part to my previous prep (measuring out my cereal and other things into small ziploc bags so I can just grab & eat and know how much I consumed).

Tired DD sent upstairs to get dressed and told to also eat breakfast.  Eldest DD now out of shower and getting breakfast.

Time to walk a mile before class time starts.  (Self, stop dawdling, put on your shoes, and get busy!)

• Like 3

I still blame the sunchokes on Saturday.  This morning my stomach feels better, and i hope it stays that way.  Having a supper of Pepto tablets wasn't fun, but it settled things down and I could sleep.  Still having a lot of gas, though, so today's supper for me will likely be a salad -- the family will likely get crockpot lasagna, to use up more noodles.

On the up-side the scale is continuing to creep downward!

I'm glad that you're starting to feel better.  This is how I get when I accidentally ingest trace amounts of hidden gluten.  I wouldn't recommend the salad.  The best thing for me in this situation is a liquid diet for several days.  It really helps to not have to break anything down.  Chicken/beef broth, tea, jello (I drink it before it sets), water.

• Like 4

Sarna, Susan, Sarna. Good stuff for itches.

:grouphug: Dancer. I remember stuff like that. 

AMJ, hope the stomach issue is done, now. No more sunchokes.

Hello, Quackers!

Hello, Ellie! That Star Trek movie isn't my favorite one, but it's my third favorite.

Between school, housekeeping and cooking, I can easily spend hours without moving. And be exhausted.

:hurray: Prairie for air conditioner fixed Wednesday. I wish it was today.

:hurray: Dawn for sleep! Meds are good, sleep is awesome. 

I slept well last night. I guess I was really tired. School today, writer's group tonight. I think I'm still tired. 

• Like 7

I'm glad that you're starting to feel better.  This is how I get when I accidentally ingest trace amounts of hidden gluten.  I wouldn't recommend the salad.  The best thing for me in this situation is a liquid diet for several days.  It really helps to not have to break anything down.  Chicken/beef broth, tea, jello (I drink it before it sets), water.

I'll look at what options I have, then, and see how I feel after lunch.  I'm trying to avoid starches at supper per dietician's recommendations, and because I seem to get gassier when I have starches at supper.

I hadn't considered liquid jello.  I might have to try that.  I think I have some unsweetened jello in the cupboard....

• Like 1

I am staying off the allergies/airplane thread.  I have airborne allergies to wheat.  And I got very little sleep.  I cannot imagine a good outcome to posting.

And the vampire/job thread makes me feel  :huh: .

I think Ill stay over here where it's safe.

• Like 7

School may or may not happen today.  I got to sleep between 4:30 and 5 this morning.  I might go back to bed.

More sleep would be a good thing.  You can mark it down as Health class and discuss the problems of sleep deprivation and the benefits of good sleep later, after you have rested.

• Like 3

I am staying off the allergies/airplane thread.  I have airborne allergies to wheat.  And I got very little sleep.  I cannot imagine a good outcome to posting.

And the vampire/job thread makes me feel  :huh: .

I think Ill stay over here where it's safe.

I will go teach my kids and pretend these threads don't exist.  For a while, at least.

• Like 3

More sleep would be a good thing.  You can mark it down as Health class and discuss the problems of sleep deprivation and the benefits of good sleep later, after you have rested.

I don't need to call it Health class.  My kids are well acquainted with Mom's illnesses.  :(  My high schoolers can still complete most of their assignments.

• Like 2

Good Tuesday morning!

Hi Quackers!

(((Dancer)))

Renai, the spaghettio story would make a nice limerick.

I think having no food in the house is a home management method I could get behind! (J/k)

Crazy day here. Hope everyone has a good one.

This just reminded me of something.  When we did the grizzly bear walk in Glacier, a portion of the trail was a walk through the cedars.  They had a series of interpretive signs with haiku.  Kind of both :huh:  and :001_wub: .

• Like 5

*sigh*

Just before BIL's birthday it has become necessary to put down the oldest of his family's dogs.  Rest well, Pixie.  You've done a good job.   :Angel_anim:    :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 3

I don't need to call it Health class.  My kids are well acquainted with Mom's illnesses.   :(  My high schoolers can still complete most of their assignments.

Yeah, but you could claim it as such in your records (if needed or desired).  *wink wink*

• Like 1

This just reminded me of something.  When we did the grizzly bear walk in Glacier, a portion of the trail was a walk through the cedars.  They had a series of interpretive signs with haiku.  Kind of both :huh:  and :001_wub: .

Poetic interpretation booyah!

• Like 2