Menu

Ignore this thread!

The kids and I didn't go this time but dh visited his parents and said that they were more "demented" this time.  I don't know what it is that makes for the good days versus the bad.  He had to clean the bathroom since one of them had had an accident all over the floor and the caregivers hadn't come by yet.  (The caregivers are good but are only scheduled at wake up time and bedtime.)

My mother called. She said she's tired of being the best one in our relationship, that the only reason I have for not liking her is because she doesn't buy me stuff, that she hopes I enjoy my sh*tty life with my sh*tty husband and to call her when I'm ready to apologize and she'll think about being my friend again. Wow. Seriously, wow. I had no response. I just said okay and she hung up.

Eta: I'm not upset, just surprised. And glad I don't have to talk to her for a while. :leaving:

Edited by Slache

My mother called. She said she's tired of being the best one in our relationship, that the only reason I have for not liking her is because she doesn't buy me stuff, that she hopes I enjoy my sh*tty life with my sh*tty husband and to call her when I'm ready to apologize and she'll think about being my friend again. Wow. Seriously, wow. I had no response. I just said okay and she hung up.

Eta: I'm not upset, just surprised. And glad I don't have to talk to her for a while. :leaving:

Your day just keeps on getting better! :( (((Slache)))

• Like 2

But if anyone *does* want to feel sorry for me, I'm having the period from Hades.

Ugh. So does my daughter. That, and a migraine, and we think she may have sprained or dislocated something in her foot in parkour. Even though dh is in constant pain from his back as well, I do have quite enough sympathy to go around and will keep you in my thoughts.

Good golly, your mom is messed up for calling you to tell you that. It's enough to make me want to cuss, but since I don't, I won't. I did think it, though. But not out loud, even to myself.

• Like 6

Good morning! It's the Queen's favorite day!

I am being woken up by an intense itch on the side of my elbow. It was a small blister a couple days ago and now it's red and itches like the dickens. I would fear scabbies if there was more than one bump or it looked like it. It is developing a red patch around it like dyshidrotic eczema except it's not on my hands/feet. (If this is what dd18's eczema feels like, then my comassion for her and her quest for relief has gone way up!) Maybe I have a very very very mild case of chicken pox! :D

I have to bring dd13 back to the ortho today because one of her braces things has come loose.

Have a good day!

• Like 5

I just read the 16 month old thread and will stop complaining about my day. Sheesh, that woman is cursed!

Is this a thread about a 16-month-old, or a thread that IS 16 months old?

• Like 1

The kids and I didn't go this time but dh visited his parents and said that they were more "demented" this time.  I don't know what it is that makes for the good days versus the bad.  He had to clean the bathroom since one of them had had an accident all over the floor and the caregivers hadn't come by yet.  (The caregivers are good but are only scheduled at wake up time and bedtime.)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Okay, then.  When she does call back you can let her calls go to voicemail for a while.  That way you can hear what she has to say and decide whether you want to give her any attention over it.  If you do you can return the call.  If you don't you simply don't return the call and let her wait.  If you do talk to her it is okay to inform her she is acting like a petulant child and that you won't talk to her when she behaves that way.  If she objects or persists you can hang up (or leave, or insist she leave).

• Like 6

Ugh. So does my daughter. That, and a migraine, and we think she may have sprained or dislocated something in her foot in parkour. Even though dh is in constant pain from his back as well, I do have quite enough sympathy to go around and will keep you in my thoughts.

Good golly, your mom is messed up for calling you to tell you that. It's enough to make me want to cuss, but since I don't, I won't. I did think it, though. But not out loud, even to myself.

I had a coworker who was like that once.  I had reason to snap at her when she was being particularly intrusive (loved other peoples' misfortunes and miseries), and she proceeded to email me numerous times about how I had hurt her feelings and she was awaiting my apology and wouldn't speak to me until I gave her one.

I left her hanging.  I had to interact with her regarding work, but I always made sure others were around and in earshot and I spoke ONLY on the matter at hand and gave her no opportunity to raise anything else or request a private talk.

It was fun.   :D

I realize parents are another matter entirely, but I still think treating her as a misbehaving child is appropriate in this circumstance.

• Like 4

It's poison oak. Dd13 just came to show me her hands which have poison oak blisters on them. She said they've been there for a couple of days and she must have touched my elbow. Mystery solved.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Thought hugs, because they don't share the communicable stuff.

I hope you both get better soon!

• Like 3

I have a couple of poison oak/ivy blisters on me, too. One of those hazards of crawling around in woods looking for waterfalls. I never get very many, and they never really itch that much, but I'm not very sensitive.

Caffeine, and then I've got to go argue with the printer over whether I'll get what I want today or not. That thing and I go around and around sometimes. It gets lazy.

The boys cooked their own breakfast. The required lots of assurance from me that they were doing a good job, but I heard them crowing over their superior egg, sausage and toast cooking skills, so maybe I won't have to pat their backs so hard next time. If I'm feeling mean, I'll insist they practice the dishwasher loading chore sometime today. :D

Right now I've got to fortify myself with additional hot tea, and then go fight the printer and come up with an written plan for school today.

• Like 5

Renai, I'm sorry. I had menstrual migraines really bad as a teen. It was horrible. (((Dancer))) How's her skin?

Lynn, yes, she's mentally ill. Matt's been saying it for years and I've been denying it for years, but he's right.

AMJ, the toddler with the keys. And the sick dog. And the smoking vacuum. And the plumbing problems...

Coffee!

• Like 5

Okay, then. When she does call back you can let her calls go to voicemail for a while. That way you can hear what she has to say and decide whether you want to give her any attention over it. If you do you can return the call. If you don't you simply don't return the call and let her wait. If you do talk to her it is okay to inform her she is acting like a petulant child and that you won't talk to her when she behaves that way. If she objects or persists you can hang up (or leave, or insist she leave).

I don't think she'll call, she said she's going to wait for me to call and apologize, for what I don't know. Whenever she does this we don't speak for months and then she calls and acts like nothing happened. Then she gets worse and worse until we do it again. It's fun.

• Like 1

Slache--that's the abuse cycle for you.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Well, I called the warranty company this morning and they are doing back-channel attempts to communicate with the repair company. If they don't hear from them today, the case is going over to contractor relations. It's day 11 without air-conditioning, and my kids are nauseous from the heat, our eyes are swollen from allergies, and a good number of things have gone bad from heat spoilage.  I'm done being patient.

• Like 1

Good Morning. It's is Monday.

After dd16 left, I thought I would lay down a bit, and I fell asleep. I slept from 7:40 to 9:15ish. It was nice. The twins got up and went to their room to play. Mom was up, but she did not get her breakfast or medication. She will if I'm not here, but if I am then she won't do anything. I need to talk to her about it, but I don't know how.

So second sleep was fabulous, but now my day will be off.

I hope y'all have a day of smooth sailing and cool breezes. :)

• Like 4

Slache-just wow. 

Prairie-I hope they do right by y'all on the air conditioning thing. I'm thinking you don't pay a thing, and they give you a new one at this point. What you are dealing with is completely ridiculous.

Dawn- :grouphug: That's frustrating.

I beat the printer, but it's complaining about toner again. That thing! :cursing: Well, I'm done with it for a bit, and that should improve my mood. About time to start school for the day.

• Like 4

Good Morning! It's Monday!

Hugs to everyone who needs them. Sounds like we all need them! Wow! Rough times! But we are ITT and we pull together when times are hard!

In spite of having a wonderful day on Saturday in the mountains, it's been a rough weekend. DH is in a management position at work and has been dealing with people who... Uh... think the rules don't apply to them. And then get all bent out of shape and defiant and all that when called on it. There was a huge show-down on Friday. So, he's been struggling with that all weekend. And Friday night the church I grew up in and we still are involved there, even though we're members elsewhere, was robbed and the thieves started a fire. The main sanctuary wasn't touched, but there was extensive damage elsewhere on campus.

But, on the good side, the flooring people are coming today and putting Pergo in our bedroom. The carpet has been downright nasty for a while and I finally convinced DH that even though I know he could install it himself and do a fabulous job, he doesn't have time and it would totally stress him out. So, he left for work today with nasty carpet and will come home with Pergo.

• Like 6

I don't think she'll call, she said she's going to wait for me to call and apologize, for what I don't know. Whenever she does this we don't speak for months and then she calls and acts like nothing happened. Then she gets worse and worse until we do it again. It's fun.

Yeah, I figured it would be something like that.  She will wait a while because she wants you to pay attention to her, but when you fail to do so she will call again in order to get your attention.  If at that point you let several calls go to voicemail she might start to wonder.

You could also simply start sending her calls to voicemail as soon as she starts misbehaving.  Hang up on whatever call is turning bad, and then don't answer when she calls.  This isn't a punishment technique, it's a management technique, to keep down the number and severity of hassles with which you have to deal at any one time.  You can then return her calls when it is convenient to you, and make it clear that you will only talk as long as she behaves.  After a few rounds of being hung up on and being sent to voicemail she might start to get the message that you won't tolerate such behavior anymore.

Basically it's toddler training (I bet your mother would be incensed to hear that!).  When she misbehaves don't reward her with attention.  When she behaves pay attention to her and let her know you appreciate the good behavior.

• Like 1

Slache--that's the abuse cycle for you.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Well, I called the warranty company this morning and they are doing back-channel attempts to communicate with the repair company. If they don't hear from them today, the case is going over to contractor relations. It's day 11 without air-conditioning, and my kids are nauseous from the heat, our eyes are swollen from allergies, and a good number of things have gone bad from heat spoilage.  I'm done being patient.

If there is any further delay it might be time to talk to a lawyer about breach of contract, physical distress, and damages.  At this point I'd see if they will do all repairs and replacements at NO cost to you (any money you paid in already to be refunded), fully warrantied, in hopes of forestalling claims against them for medical bills and heat-related damages.  Get a lawyer to write the letter.

Happy Monday!!

Sorry, about your mom, Slache. Definitely mentally ill!

Prairie, I would've given out of patience a long time ago!!! Hugs!

Critter, don't let that printer get the best of you!!

Dawn, good for you getting second sleep! Hope your day goes better than you think it will!!

Everyone doing school, hope you have a productive day!!

Hugs for all who need them!!

I'm having coffee, waiting for my mild headache to go away. Dc and I are going to work, to clean the pool and turn in payroll. Then hopefully will get to the butcher shop, Wal-Mart, and come home to cook several meals for the week and lunches. Hopefully. That's all I got! I did already place an Amazon order for dog food, paper towels and toilet paper! Yea me!!

I might go get some card stock and take it to the education store to see if they can laminate it the way I want for our timeline. Although now I'm wondering if that's best, because when we fold it, anything done in dry erase will smear. I don't know what I want, apparently.

Have a great day!

Don't use dry-erase; use wet-erase markers instead.  You have to let the ink dry for a few seconds after writing it, but it is less likely to smear afterwards.  You can then use a damp paper towel to erase (and a dry one to dry the area if your wet paper towel was too wet).  I do this all the time on the laminated poster year-at-a-glance calendar I keep on our hallway wall.  Wet erase means people brushing up against it doesn't readily erase what I wrote.

• Like 1

I started a new page on another thread and I was so tempted to "Booya/h". But I restrained myself. Inside jokes and all. Wouldn't be prudent.

Yeah, I had to catch myself, too!

AMJ--so my contract is with the warranty company. The details are somewhat limited--there is no specificity as to "when" repairs must be done (we are now at business day five from parts being ordered) and the problem seems to be with the subcontractor. Proving damages and distress at this point--I can't imagine a judge getting worked up about this.

If there was something contractually off about this, it would be that there is no documentation about what parts were ordered or about what will be specifically repaired. The warranty company "has no system to provide this", "can only do internal emails", etc. 😤😤 So, I have no proof as to what were the agreed upon repairs or timeline.

This isn't worth the hassle of a small claims suit, and they know it.

Don't use dry-erase; use wet-erase markers instead. You have to let the ink dry for a few seconds after writing it, but it is less likely to smear afterwards. You can then use a damp paper towel to erase (and a dry one to dry the area if your wet paper towel was too wet). I do this all the time on the laminated poster year-at-a-glance calendar I keep on our hallway wall. Wet erase means people brushing up against it doesn't readily erase what I wrote.

And stickers?

I didn't know there was such things as wet-erase markers! Cool!

• Like 2

There is yarn in my coffee. yarn in my coffee. 

You're so vain

You probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you.

You're so vain!

There is yarn in my coffee, dear 'Liza, dear 'Liza

There is yarn in my coffee, dear 'Liza, a yarn,

Then knit it, dear Susan, dear Susan, dear Susan,

Then knit it, dear Susan, dear Susan, knit it!

:)

You guys crack me up! :D

• Like 4