Menu

Ignore this thread!

The Attack Bunny hopped up to dd and bit her on the tummy. Bad Attack Bunny!

She must be venting her suppressed anger and feelings of abandonment. Might be time to call the Small Animal Therapist. :D

Ooooo, look at that! A Befuddled Bunny Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started s'venteen months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 9

Will you still go when your kids don't?

Yes.  My kids aren't involved in what I do now at camp since I teach the kids up to age 11 or 12.  Camp is my one full time (for one week) ministry of the year.  I absolutely love it.  It is the highlight of my year.  (And yes, every year there are difficulties, though this year was more difficult than most.)  Dd helped me to type out a full list of campers names so that I can pray for all of them throughout the year. 

• Like 5

Yes. My kids aren't involved in what I do now at camp since I teach the kids up to age 11 or 12. Camp is my one full time (for one week) ministry of the year. I absolutely love it. It is the highlight of my year. (And yes, every year there are difficulties, though this year was more difficult than most.) Dd helped me to type out a full list of campers names so that I can pray for all of them throughout the year.

🌷🌼🌺🌸ðŸ’🌸🌺🌼🌷

#giantbouquetfortheawesomeperson

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

Quackersh sends her love to the ITT. She was going to get on this morning but then the ducklings staged a revolt. . Hopefully she will break free of the duct tape soon and will be able to talk to everyone here in person.

Aww, I've been missing Quackers! She needs to use the flame-thrower on that duck tape!
  • Like 9

AMJ--so my contract is with the warranty company. The details are somewhat limited--there is no specificity as to "when" repairs must be done (we are now at business day five from parts being ordered) and the problem seems to be with the subcontractor. Proving damages and distress at this point--I can't imagine a judge getting worked up about this.

If there was something contractually off about this, it would be that there is no documentation about what parts were ordered or about what will be specifically repaired. The warranty company "has no system to provide this", "can only do internal emails", etc. 😤😤 So, I have no proof as to what were the agreed upon repairs or timeline.

This isn't worth the hassle of a small claims suit, and they know it.

You mentioned that your children were getting sick from the heat -- heat stroke and other heat-related illnesses are very real dangers.  There might not be specific deadlines according to the agreement, but there is a good faith agreement that there would be no unreasonable delays.  The fact they are resistant to giving you any documentation proves they cannot support a claim that they are working in good faith to address the issue in a timely fashion.

Start with a lawyer.  Talk to one -- there are steps that can be taken before you go to court over this.  A letter from a lawyer notifies the other party that you are not only tired of waiting, you are prepared to take what steps are necessary to protect yourselves and your interests instead of simply giving in to avoid the hassle of small claims court.  It lets them know they simply cannot out-wait you.

Many lawyers will give a free introductory consultation in which you tell them what you need assistance with and they tell you whether they can help you and what it will require.  I am not a litigious person, but one time DH & I did contact a lawyer about a dispute (which fell in the range of small claims).  We found the experience enlightening, especially how much was accomplished by just that one letter the lawyer wrote and sent on our behalf.

• Like 2

My mother called. She said she's tired of being the best one in our relationship, that the only reason I have for not liking her is because she doesn't buy me stuff, that she hopes I enjoy my sh*tty life with my sh*tty husband and to call her when I'm ready to apologize and she'll think about being my friend again. Wow. Seriously, wow. I had no response. I just said okay and she hung up.

Eta: I'm not upset, just surprised. And glad I don't have to talk to her for a while. :leaving:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

That's it.  Add PseudoMommy to the PseudoGranny title.  If she doesn't want you, I'll take you.  And, look, I'll provide cookies...

cookies-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png

• Like 6

Hi, Junie!

(I wish I could go to your house.  I have a secret love for Spaghetti-Os.  My rotten child read the Omnivore's Dilemma, however, and flips out at the very thought. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to teach the little stinker to read, anyway?)

• Like 7

We had rice for dinner.

I made my first attempt at the recipe I wanted to invent. I think I'll punt. Getting unseasoned quail around here is a no-go, and they put too much salt on the ones I got. Literally so much salt they couldn't be eaten--and I like salt!  I also found that GF bread does not make good stuffing. That will at least save me an attempt around Thanksgiving, eh? So I learned from the experience. I still want to try the recipe again someday, but I'm not going to rush. I'll play with it for a while. No big deal.

I'm tired this evening. I've been kind of down all afternoon. 

• Like 5

Well, the flooring guy left. He did a great job. I am very pleased. However, I am on the verge of tears with DS, who just doesn't get his work done. And I have so much to do, but I have been holding his hand all afternoon. And he still has grammar and science to get done.

• Like 5

Well, the flooring guy left. He did a great job. I am very pleased. However, I am on the verge of tears with DS, who just doesn't get his work done. And I have so much to do, but I have been holding his hand all afternoon. And he still has grammar and science to get done.

Grammar is done. Diagramming simple subjects and predicates. Easy. I still want to cry.

Points for quoting myself.

• Like 7

That is more than good enough! Go to bed! 

See, that's what I think. And I washed the sheets today, and they smell so good, and I just want to curl up in them and get all cozy.

Grammar is done. Diagramming simple subjects and predicates. Easy. I still want to cry.

I was this child. :leaving:

• Like 4

We are getting back to school in stages.  Officially, we start after Labor Day, but DD has a math class that's ongoing, her Latin class started last week, and she starts a modern language (I hope) tomorrow.

Oy vey, do I hate transitions with this child. You would think that she's being tortured, even though the expectations right now are very low.  I know that in a few weeks all will have smoothed out, but I've considered choking her out a couple of times today. And she is an easy kid.  And a girl.

Which is all to say:  :grouphug: , Krissi.

• Like 5

I walked 2400 steps while the kids were in choir. The only reason I know this is that I counted how many steps it took to get from the choir building to the van in the parking garage. 600. I went back and forth twice. Hills and sweatiness. I should get a step-counter.

Now I need to get the dishes done, but I don't want to. Maybe I'll find a show to watch.

Any word on the AC fiasco, Prairie?

• Like 4

Hi all! I ketchupped.

Hugs to all, a bazooka for Prairie, and yay for Junie's dd. I used to play the flute. It's around here somewhere.

I am trying to wean myself off coffee. I'm hoping coffee is the cause of my headaches. Hate to give it up, but it's an easy fix if that's my headache problem. If not, then I get to go back to coffee.

• Like 8

Yay, Krissi, on the new floors.

CF, I would totally go to bed. In fact, the kids could've made their own rice.

We had salads from Wendy's for dinner.

So, I made a ton of phone calls today between warranty company and subcontractor and discovered that my ac parts have been sitting in the warehouse for quite some time. Repairs are scheduled for Wednesday morning.

AMJ--I am an attorney; I am just not licensed for this state. :)

You guys amaze me with how much you accomplish each day!!

Ikslo--I have had caffeine rebound headaches before. I wish you luck. Maybe some extra magnesium can help you through the transition.

Dh should be home in a few hours. Hurray!

• Like 7

So, I made a ton of phone calls today between warranty company and subcontractor and discovered that my ac parts have been sitting in the warehouse for quite some time. Repairs are scheduled for Wednesday morning.

That would have caused me to use my "at the end of my rope, no nonsense, Mommy voice".  It makes grown men sit up straight and say "yes, Ma'am". 

I will tell you my attorney story.  We hired one once for a real estate issue.  The guy was way too nice and wrote a namby pamby letter that he showed me before sending.  I vetoed the letter, wrote my own much more strongly worded letter and told him to sign it.  He did.  The nincompoops we were dealing with ceased and desisted all nincompoopishness immediately. 

#ain'tgottimeforthat

• Like 7

The dc ended up with Spaghettios for dinner.  They seem to still be alive, so I guess it's alright.

I got DD15 to help me put away clean dishes and reload the dishwasher, and then loudly declared that everyone would be on their own for supper tonight.  Then I sat on the couch and had Pepto for my dinner.  My tummy has not been very happy since the sunchoke incident.

I sure hope I feel better tomorrow.  I'm kinda hungry but my stomach objects to the idea of consuming anything right now.

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   There there.  Have some chocolate.  *gives*

• Like 1

I walked 2400 steps while the kids were in choir. The only reason I know this is that I counted how many steps it took to get from the choir building to the van in the parking garage. 600. I went back and forth twice. Hills and sweatiness. I should get a step-counter.

Now I need to get the dishes done, but I don't want to. Maybe I'll find a show to watch.

Any word on the AC fiasco, Prairie?

Pacer is a free app you can download on your phone.  It counts steps.  You might need to adjust the settings to record things accurrately, but once that's done it will record any steps you take while carrying the phone.

• Like 1

Yay, Krissi, on the new floors.

CF, I would totally go to bed. In fact, the kids could've made their own rice.

We had salads from Wendy's for dinner.

AMJ--I am an attorney; I am just not licensed for this state. :)

You guys amaze me with how much you accomplish each day!!

Ikslo--I have had caffeine rebound headaches before. I wish you luck. Maybe some extra magnesium can help you through the transition.

Dh should be home in a few hours. Hurray!

I'll stop trying to get you to consult one, then!   :D

Hey, cool!  A mea culpa Booyah!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 7

Dh put communion cups in the oven without telling me.  I have no idea why.  I turned on the oven to preheat it.  We now have melted communion cups. 

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

• Like 1

I might go get some card stock and take it to the education store to see if they can laminate it the way I want for our timeline. Although now I'm wondering if that's best, because when we fold it, anything done in dry erase will smear. I don't know what I want, apparently.

Have a great day!

You can use wet erase markers. That doesn't come off unless you wet it.