2 onions, chopped

Salt & pepper

1/2C flour

6oz can tomato paste

2 carrots, finely grated

1 tsp thyme

2 tsp basil

8C chicken broth

102 oz crushed tomatoes (this is a giant can from Sam's Club)

1T honey

1/2C cream (add when serving)

Sour cream & shredded cheese for garnish

Sauté onion in butter/olive oil, stir in flour & paste. Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, simmer 30 min.

Kansas City Steak Soup (makes 3 meals)

1 lb. cooked steak or roast beef

1 onion, chopped

8oz Mushrooms (I like portabella)

1 T minced garlic

1/2C butter/olive oil

1/2C flour

1/2 gallon beef broth

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4C Worcestershire

2 lb. frozen mixed vegetables

1 15oz can tomatoes (crushed or diced)

1 T thyme

Saute onion, mushrooms, & garlic in butter/olive oil. Stir in flour. Add remaining ingredients, simmer.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Yeah, I'm trying out having a master list of to-dos or "next actions" at the start of each month because many of the items I need to list and track are not day- or time-specific, just get to them when I can.  If I keep a running list somewhere it is easier to manage.

I am doing this...it's my "When did I last?" and a long list of tasks I do irregularly---monthly, quarterly, etc.

• Like 1

Thank you! I searched for Edmund Morris in Amazon, and found the trilogy. The third is Colonel Roosevelt.

Are there a lot of pictures and graphics? I'm debating whether to go the Kindle route or get paperbacks. I can't justify the cost of the hardcovers at this time. If there's much in the way of pictures or graphics I'll want the hardcopy. My ereader apps don't work all that well for me when pictures are concerned.

There are some pictures. It's out in paperback. I actually found "Theodore Rex" in a thrift store for $1, and bought the first one on Amazon used books for cheap. I never buy hard cover. There aren't a ton of pictures or graphics, but there are some.
  • Like 1

I need to work on this birthday party. It's on Sunday and I've done nothing. No gifts, decorations, food, cake, or activities have been prepared. I do have a list of ideas, so hopefully I can throw something worthwhile together.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I punted on the electives for today. The boys are walking dogs, and then we'll have some hot chocolate before tending to rooster cleanup. After that, I'll make hamburgers and then settle in to work on the last scene of chapter 3. And then I think I'll read. I picked up an urban fantasy book that is highly regarded by critics and purchasers alike. I am not enjoying it. The writing is very good, but I hate all the characters except one. And that one is not the protagonist. But I will finish it, and return it tomorrow. And get something else to read.

• Like 4

Stop. I need more time. I'm under prepared for this party and you are trying to take away 24 hours of prep time. I won't let you do it.

Okay. Let's make it Friday here and Wednesday there. That way it'll all even out.

• Like 6

(I double these recipes)

Tomato Bisque (3 meals)

1/2C butter

1/4C olive oil

2 onions, chopped

Salt & pepper

1/2C flour

6oz can tomato paste

2 carrots, finely grated

1 tsp thyme

2 tsp basil

8C chicken broth

102 oz crushed tomatoes (this is a giant can from Sam's Club)

1T honey

1/2C cream (add when serving)

Sour cream & shredded cheese for garnish

Sauté onion in butter/olive oil, stir in flour & paste. Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, simmer 30 min.

Kansas City Steak Soup (makes 3 meals)

1 lb. cooked steak or roast beef

1 onion, chopped

8oz Mushrooms (I like portabella)

1 T minced garlic

1/2C butter/olive oil

1/2C flour

1/2 gallon beef broth

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4C Worcestershire

2 lb. frozen mixed vegetables

1 15oz can tomatoes (crushed or diced)

1 T thyme

Saute onion, mushrooms, & garlic in butter/olive oil. Stir in flour. Add remaining ingredients, simmer.

Thank you!  I will have to try these recipes.  The KC Steak Soup has several similarities with my Scratchy Soup (which is never the same twice).

The recipes say they each make 3 meals, and you say you double them.  Overall how much volume is this?  How many people will "1 meal" feed?

Certain people are not taking this thread seriously, I see. :smash:  What are you doing out there???

Making dinner (chicken cacciatore and garlic bread)

Eating dinner

Playing "Unlimited Questions" (our family's version of 20 Questions)

Reading Sports Illustrated

Discussing buying new curtains

• Like 4

Certain people are not taking this thread seriously, I see. :smash:  What are you doing out there???

Going to Junie's house for dinner!

Woohoo!!!!  Junie's serving BOOYA(H)!  She puts a bowl of Hs out so those who want them can have them.   :laugh:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 7

DD15 designed a sofa for her Monster High dolls.  DH and she are printing it out on his new 3D printer now.  "DD15!  We are about 3/4 of the way through layer 2!"

This is out of 889 layers total.  DD15:  "Yay!  887 layers to go!"

• Like 3

I need to work on this birthday party. It's on Sunday and I've done nothing. No gifts, decorations, food, cake, or activities have been prepared. I do have a list of ideas, so hopefully I can throw something worthwhile together.

Oohh, Gymnast turns 6 on Sunday. Which one of yours has a birthday?

• Like 3

I had a scary thing happen this afternoon while delivering dd to babysitting.  I fell asleep at the wheel (dd was asleep in the front passenger seat) and woke up when my car slid to a stop at the curb.  Fortunately I was only going 20 mph on those roads and fortunately I didn't hit anything.  Also fortunately I was only half a block from the babysitting house and a couple of blocks from my house.  I got home safely and slept for two hours.  I am still extremely exhausted.  And my throat is all swollen as well as sore. 

Oohh, Gymnast turns 6 on Sunday. Which one of yours has a birthday?

Both of them actually. Weapon X turns 6 on the 11th and Captain Mal will be 3 on the 26th. But due to DH's overtime, this weekend is the only party date option.

• Like 3

I had a scary thing happen this afternoon while delivering dd to babysitting.  I fell asleep at the wheel (dd was asleep in the front passenger seat) and woke up when my car slid to a stop at the curb.  Fortunately I was only going 20 mph on those roads and fortunately I didn't hit anything.  Also fortunately I was only half a block from the babysitting house and a couple of blocks from my house.  I got home safely and slept for two hours.  I am still extremely exhausted.  And my throat is all swollen as well as sore. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I am so glad you are both okay.  I hope you can get a bunch more rest, and I hope you get better soon.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Both of them actually. Weapon X turns 6 on the 11th and Captain Mal will be 3 on the 26th. But due to DH's overtime, this weekend is the only party date option.

The 11th is my nephew's birthday, too!

• Like 1

I had a scary thing happen this afternoon while delivering dd to babysitting. I fell asleep at the wheel (dd was asleep in the front passenger seat) and woke up when my car slid to a stop at the curb. Fortunately I was only going 20 mph on those roads and fortunately I didn't hit anything. Also fortunately I was only half a block from the babysitting house and a couple of blocks from my house. I got home safely and slept for two hours. I am still extremely exhausted. And my throat is all swollen as well as sore.

Oh Jeannie! 😱 I am so glad you are ok!
  • Like 1

Thank you! I will have to try these recipes. The KC Steak Soup has several similarities with my Scratchy Soup (which is never the same twice).

The recipes say they each make 3 meals, and you say you double them. Overall how much volume is this? How many people will "1 meal" feed?

Ah, yes. One meal for us is about 2 quarts, give or take. So 3 meals is roughly 1.5 gallons (as measured by Glad 8C freezer containers. :) )

• Like 1

No. Remember we also mentioned nightmares if you take too much.

I don't remember things. I can't even remember how many children I have, how am I supposed to remember that? I'm sticking with 5. I need to develope my health. Then I will sleep better. What pill do I take for that?

• Like 3