Menu

Ignore this thread!

More ketchup.

I can't imagine what would happen if I heard a hamster under my bed.  It would be the scream heard coast to coast.

I'm not exactly a Muggle, but not a Pureblood either.  I have not let my kids read HP, although it is on ds15's reading list for Brit Lit.   :D

If Bill keeps posting here (Welcome!) I guess I'll have to educate myself about lacrosse.

I had beef vegetable soup for dinner.  There's plenty left if anyone wants any.  The dc refuse to eat it.

I've never heard of beerocks.  I *might* google it.

The cornbread sounds delicious.

Mary, you should have your dh pick up a test -- just in case.

Texasmama, there has to be an easier way to raise money.

• Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Yay for Bill's Lacrosse team!  And for yummy popcorn.  

Jean has no pants.   :coolgleamA:

Tex --  I.will.buy.chocolate.    In.large.quantities.     Hugs on your mom's birthday.   :grouphug:

((Mary))

Renai-- I have zero creative energy.  Zero.  Sorry for no (serious) class name ideas.  I am continuing to mull it over, though.  

SWBs WTM IV is now in my Amazon cart.   :hurray:   I've only ever read the first. 

Aaaaand…..I'm now ketchupped.     :hat:

• Like 5

Dinner party is over. We had a retired military family over tonight. Their kids line up in age with ours, so an epic foam sword battle happened.

The cilantro lime rice was perfect with our chicken soft tacos. I'm a bit bummed that all of the cookies were eaten straight out of the oven. I'm kind of craving one now.

We're going to need a recipe for the rice, please and thank you!

• Like 2

Mary's fertility took charge of her. Lol

ETA: How embarrassing! A fertility booya(h)!

I really, really, really wish I could like this more than once. I keep coming back to the thread and it makes me giggle each time. 

No, they're like calzones except for filling they have ground beef and chopped cabbage. Very good, very tasty!

Actually, they aren't as big as calzones. They fit in your hand.

Similar to a meat pie, right? 

• Like 3

I think I'm caught up on laundry. Maybe I'd better go check. I know I'm caught up with dishes because the dishwasher is running. I hear DH having a battle with the kitten. He appears to be trying to settle in the bed and she's attacking his feet.

I was feeling sorry for myself because I had to do laundry and clean the kitchen today.  No days off. 

• Like 3

cilantro lime rice recipe:

http://www.ohsweetbasil.com/cilantro-lime-rice-cafe-rio-copycat.html

I made it in my rice maker.  I used bouillon powder, skipped the green chilis, and used the juice of two small limes.  The next time I do it, I will reconstitute the bouillon powder into the water to make chicken broth before I add it to the rice.

• Like 3

cilantro lime rice recipe:

http://www.ohsweetbasil.com/cilantro-lime-rice-cafe-rio-copycat.html

I made it in my rice maker. I used bouillon powder, skipped the green chilis, and used the juice of two small limes. The next time I do it, I will reconstitute the bouillon powder into the water to make chicken broth before I add it to the rice.

So awesome! I love my rice cooker. In fact, right now we have it set on the delay timer for oatmeal in the morning.

• Like 4

Because I have seen the movies, and there are so many books I want to read...they just aren't high up on my priority list.

Ah. Then you don't know Harry Potter. :D Keep the books on your nightstand, and read a few pages each night before you turn out the light. Save your really important reading for daytime hours. :-)

• Like 2

I'm scared to admit that I only read the first Harry Potter.  Aloud to DD.  It made her nuts, because I read too slowly. :glare:

In the last week, I've read Day of Atonement and The Martian, and I'm halfway through All the Light We Cannot See.  Does that buy me back any points?

(BTW, can you tell who OD'd on non-fiction and is now binging on the opposite?)

• Like 3

I read the first four chapters of Harry Potter, the first one, and almost missed my train due to falling asleep. I guess I'm a squib? I don't hate it. The story in itself sounds interesting, it's just not my style of writing.

We tried the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" book method. We got pregnant 3 months after we got married. We had planned on it being 3 years. 

Yeah, it took us 6 months... we saw one another once a month due to geography. Second one, the first hit was a home run!

Thank heavens my partner has had his vesicles snipped for years.

• Like 2

Wait. Wait. Wait.

You all are reading Harry Potter???

I thought I read on here (a decade back, or so) that this was the highway to hell.

Have I missed anything? :D

Bill

It's my fault. I brought it up awhile back. I had to make the deep, dark confession that I was "on the highway to hell" and that I was reading HP for the first time. 

ETA: You also missed pg 666. But, that happened before HP. So, they aren't related..............or are they?  :huh: 

:lol: It's time for me to go to bed, I think.

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 3

My fertility beat me up, took my lunch money, and left me dazed and confused. I got the better of it, though. :D

And to think I ran out of likes before I got to this!  Lovely metaphor.

(Actually not a metaphor, but I can't remember the appropriate lit. term.  I'm sure you'll tell me later because you are the lit. teacher.)

• Like 2

Dinner party is over. We had a retired military family over tonight. Their kids line up in age with ours, so an epic foam sword battle happened.

The cilantro lime rice was perfect with our chicken soft tacos. I'm a bit bummed that all of the cookies were eaten straight out of the oven. I'm kind of craving one now.

A foam sword battle is always a sign of a successful dinner party! 

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

It's just a regular day here. I think.

The internet guy is coming today. We will have school, do some laundry, cook some food, feed the animals.

And dream. Dream about a one person vacation on a beach with a nice cold beverage, listening to the waves crash gently upon the shore. No noises, no complaining, no work. Just the sand and waves.

Dream on.

Now I have the urge for some Aerosmith.:D

• Like 5

While this is not the last Monday in February, it IS the last full week in February.  Anyone else feeling a sense of accomplishment at surviving it?  Points if you did it without a major curriculum overhaul.

I AM!! 

That means only 59 more days of school. 

dance.gifdance.gif dance.gif dance.gif

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 7

And to think I ran out of likes before I got to this!  Lovely metaphor.

(Actually not a metaphor, but I can't remember the appropriate lit. term.  I'm sure you'll tell me later because you are the lit. teacher.)

Personification.  :D

Dh and I were watching the movie Birdman (dark, odd comedy, btw), and a character quoted the Macbeth "sound and fury" speech.  I joined in and quoted with him, as dh stared at me and asked what it was from.  I was all "Shakespeare, dude!".  He said, "That's why I like you."  He is the same with history, btw.  Together, we are all of the humanities.  

• Like 9

Morning!

For some crazy reason, I signed up to take my kids on a tour of Whole Foods this morning. Yay.

Lynn, why are you up at such an ungodly hour? You are making the rest of us look like slackers. :D

In the category of "things that sound like a good idea at the time".  Are you perhaps an impulsive extrovert? :leaving:

ETA:  An impulsive extrovert booya(h)!  BAM!

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

Random stuff:

With consistent wearing of tennis shoes during all of my waking hours, I have reduced my plantar fasciitis pain significantly.  I shall keep it up for weeks on end and call it cured.  It does present a wardrobe challenge at times, though, because not everything goes with 8 year old Nikes.  

I puffy purple heart the new living room furniture arrangement.  I highly recommend a rearrange of the furniture to shake things up and make it seem like a  new place.

Bill seems to intuitively know the rules here so I don't anticipate having to vote him off the island.   :laugh:

• Like 7

Random stuff:

With consistent wearing of tennis shoes during all of my waking hours, I have reduced my plantar fasciitis pain significantly. I shall keep it up for weeks on end and call it cured. It does present a wardrobe challenge at times, though, because not everything goes with 8 year old Nikes.

I puffy purple heart the new living room furniture arrangement. I highly recommend a rearrange of the furniture to shake things up and make it seem like a new place.

Bill seems to intuitively know the rules here so I don't anticipate having to vote him off the island. :laugh:

8 years old! Time to get new tennies. Get a dark pair and a light pair and your wardrobe is covered, lol.

#fashionista

• Like 2

Random stuff:

With consistent wearing of tennis shoes during all of my waking hours, I have reduced my plantar fasciitis pain significantly.  I shall keep it up for weeks on end and call it cured.  It does present a wardrobe challenge at times, though, because not everything goes with 8 year old Nikes.  

I puffy purple heart the new living room furniture arrangement.  I highly recommend a rearrange of the furniture to shake things up and make it seem like a  new place.

Bill seems to intuitively know the rules here so I don't anticipate having to vote him off the island.   :laugh:

What exactly does plantar fasciitis feel like?