Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm going to bed!  I'm tired and cold. JJM, good luck on the diet. I really need to do it. The weight has been creeping up the past 4 years.  Slashy, dinner looks great! Renai, I love burgers!

Good night all! Sleep tight! Don't let the zombies suck  your brains out!

Hmm, I wonder why my post ended up as a quote. Very strange!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Dh has decided that a great family activity for today would be to drive to a big mall 45 minutes away. I hate malls. He hates malls. Why do we want to go to a mall? And why drive for 45 minutes to get there? We have a big mall 15 minutes away and a small, quaint mall (with an antique shop) 5 minutes away.

#thethingsidoforthisfamily

Sounds likes my DH!

• Like 2

We were planning on going on a drive to the mountain today. But given that even DH is coming down with the cold, I think we'll be staying home with our books, writing materials and dining on bowls of soup by the fire instead of going anywhere today.

• Like 7

Good Morning!

I thanked my shampoo this morning, wiped it dry, and put it in a cabinet.

(I don't think this habit will last long. Especially the thanking part.)

#konmarihasntanychildren

Did the shampoo respond appropriately? "You're Welcome" or "don't mention it"? See, I think your shampoo may be ungrateful for the roll it plays in your life. Shoot - that shampoo should be thanking YOU, golly gee willikers! Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Susan, the New Boyfriend plays the violin. :coolgleamA: That is in the plus column.

This feels serious already, folks.

Awesome! He clearly has superior brain function.

Now you need to ask "Traditional or Suzuki" and regardless of what he answers, smirk just a bit and say, "Well, that explains a few things!" :D

• Like 7

The Catholic Church celebrates the Epiphany on the Sunday closest to the 6th.

Culturally, right? Because my Mexican suegra is Catholic, but I think their tradition is January 6. But, then again, they also have Mother's Day as May 10 instead of the second Sunday of May...  

It doesn't matter, I'm just curious. Since, I'm neither Catholic or Mexican... But, I am really ready to take down the Christmas decorations right now!

• Like 3

Church is canceled due to treacherous roads. I made the bulletin so pretty too. :( Wonderful brand new Muslim(if you remember that thread) neighbors from Morocco with a little boy are moving due to crappy neighbors. :( He keeps trying to get Matt a job at trimet. :) Kids are outside playing in the snow. :) Coffee. :)

So, in summary :( :( :) :) :)

Good Morning!  

#konmarihasntanychildren

We don't do that.

Did the shampoo respond appropriately? "You're Welcome" or "don't mention it"? See, I think your shampoo may be ungrateful for the roll it plays in your life. Shoot - that shampoo should be thanking YOU, golly gee willikers!

But you're killing it? 

• Like 3

Church is canceled due to treacherous roads. I made the bulletin so pretty too. :( Wonderful brand new Muslim(if you remember that thread) neighbors from Morocco with a little boy are moving due to crappy neighbors. :( He keeps trying to get Matt a job at trimet. :) Kids are outside playing in the snow. :) Coffee. :)

So, in summary :( :( :) :) :)

We don't do that.

But you're killing it?

It is fulfilling it's purpose and continuing on in the "Shampoo Circle of Life". It's a real thing.

• Like 2

We didn't make it to church today.  I've been working my way down a to-do list.  I deserve something sweet as a reward, but there isn't anything. 

My oldest's elective for spring was supposed to be intro to legal studies, but they're not offering it.  So, he asked for creative writing, but they're not offering it.  He was told to check with so-and-so about what was being offered, but for various reasons that never happened.  So, for kicks I decided to see if the school app had his new schedule up.  Sure enough, it's there.  They have him scheduled for Intro to Guitar.  :smilielol5:   Oh.my.word.  I was totally cracking up.  He quit piano about 7 years ago.  Loves to listen to music.  Hates the thought of learning any more about it.  I can't wait to find out how this turns out after he goes to school on Monday.  I only wish I hadn't showed it to him and he had found out after he got there.  Just so you know, I think intro to guitar would be a fine class, but for *him* - oh my word.  I'm still laughing about it.  :smilielol5:

• Like 4

Awesome! He clearly has superior brain function.

Now you need to ask "Traditional or Suzuki" and regardless of what he answers, smirk just a bit and say, "Well, that explains a few things!" :D

*gasp*

I actually thought about asking him about Suzuki.  I know nothing about string instruments.

• Like 1

Culturally, right? Because my Mexican suegra is Catholic, but I think their tradition is January 6. But, then again, they also have Mother's Day as May 10 instead of the second Sunday of May...  

It doesn't matter, I'm just curious. Since, I'm neither Catholic or Mexican... But, I am really ready to take down the Christmas decorations right now!

I believe that the bishops in each country can make that decision (or appeal to TPTB or something, lol). So the USCCB (United Council of Catholic Bishops) got permission to do it this way.

• Like 1

I proposed a team teaching idea to the head of co-op, and she thinks that the  other lady will go for it.  I really like the other lady (who is a published author) so I think we could work together.  Waiting to her on that and on the chemistry class teacher for the boys.  

• Like 1

Did the shampoo respond appropriately? "You're Welcome" or "don't mention it"? See, I think your shampoo may be ungrateful for the roll it plays in your life. Shoot - that shampoo should be thanking YOU, golly gee willikers!

It did NOT.  And after what I paid for it!  

The nerve.  Back to sitting in your own well-deserved plop of shower sludge, you highly overrated non-foaming salon-exclusive Shampoo, you.  And take your worthless little pump with you (the one that quits while there are still 2.87 inches of shampoo at the bottom.) Yeah, you

Thank you for the insight, Susan.  

• Like 5

I am doing the Project 365(6) in which you post a picture a day.  I'm posting mine on FB.  The first two days were of the cats. :lol:

OOoooo!  Start a FB page for your animals.  Then you can be famous like that lady with 7 spectacular stupendous magnificent cats.  And your animals can do commercials and you'll be rich for life.  

ETA:  Yeah, this one.  Your page would be so much more fun.  I'd like it, or friend it, or whatever it is you're supposed to do.  

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings

OOoooo! Start a FB page for your animals. Then you can be famous like that lady with 7 spectacular stupendous magnificent cats. And your animals can do commercials and you'll be rich for life.

ETA: Yeah, this one. Your page would be so much more fun. I'd like it, or friend it, or whatever it is you're supposed to do.

You could be like Ree (Pioneer Woman) except with cats.

• Like 2

((((((Tex))))))

Thanks, honey.  I'm not worried.  It feels okay.  I closed my eyes and searched my heart, and I was not afraid.   :hat:

OOoooo!  Start a FB page for your animals.  Then you can be famous like that lady with 7 spectacular stupendous magnificent cats.  And your animals can do commercials and you'll be rich for life.  

ETA:  Yeah, this one.  Your page would be so much more fun.  I'd like it, or friend it, or whatever it is you're supposed to do.  

Ooh, I can be rich and famous???  I'm in.

You could be like Ree (Pioneer Woman) except with cats.

Yeah, she's pretty cool.

• Like 4

Good Morning!

#konmarihasntanychildren

I love the thanking part. Helps eliminate the guilt! I thanked all my clothes for teaching me that I look horrible in that color and/or style and not to stray too far from the basics.
  • Like 3

There is something every so slightly Ryan Gosling-ish about college girl's new boyfriend.  Only with brown eyes.  And not as yummy.  My apologies for my cougar talk.

#sorrynotsorry

#toooldtocare

Why apologize?  You want to have cute grandkids.  I totally get that. :coolgleamA:

ETA:

A "It's concern for the next generation" BOOYAH!

ETA2:

#h

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

I think I'd rather spend 5 hours/day on ITT talking about ITT stuff, than on FB talking about cats.  And I am a cat person. 

5 hours/day?

#aintnobodygottimeforthat

• Like 3

Why apologize?  You want to have cute grandkids.  I totally get that. :coolgleamA:

ETA:

A "It's concern for the next generation" BOOYAH!

ETA2:

#h

I know, right???

#cougarbooyah

He is not as handsome, but there is something about his look that reminds me of RG.

Even better, he said he read Frankenstein for fun.  He's smart.  

#needsmartgrandkids

• Like 5