Menu

please tell me it will be okay

MedicMom

For several key reasons I started crying and was so upset to learn that I was pregnant with twins. I had romantic fantasies of all I'd do with ONE baby -- not TWO at one time. I was so sad.

Then my best friend from high school who had an only child said, "Oh, Alley, I wish I had two Maddies."

Boom. At that moment, I was transformed. From that moment on, I felt fine about having two.

I would love another baby. I'm so jealous in a good way for you.You're in shock and the shock will subside. Plus you're a veteran. You know how little a baby really needs. A good stroller, a high chair and you're fine. The second hand stores are full of great items.

((((You Lucky Lady))))

Alley

(((hugs))) and congrats!  :)

I have one of these babies, and I promise you it is okay now.  She completes our family in a way that we didn't know we needed until she arrived. 

(Dh was horrified when I told him I was pg, btw, and he likes her just fine now so just have your feelings and it will all sort itself out.  :) )

First, Congratulations!  Second, you have every right to feel overwhelmed and have your head spinning.  You've had a lot on your plate.  Being that this was a complete surprise, it takes awhile sometimes to wrap your head around everything.  

Say 'no' to outside requests for your time and just...be.  Take time for yourself and your family for a bit.  I'm sure it won't be long til you're feeling better!!   :grouphug:

I'm seeing this a little late, but I definitely want to offer my congratulations in spite of what other things are going on.

Our third baby was unexpected and came at a time when we didn't have much $$, but definitely ended up fitting in and is a freshman in college now.

It will be ok.  You have love.  That's what counts most of all.

And in the meantime, you have your Hive family to vent to and/or confide in.

And chocolate (or the snack of your choice)?

Take care!