Menu

This is why I cant get an emergency fund started JAWM Update!

SharonM

It is made worse because dh is not working. 

His car is sitting because it is broken and we cannot afford to fix it. But he is out of state moving his mother here.  But he needs a job.

God will provide. He has so many times, this will be another one.

I so want to get this fixed.

I am so sorry that you dh is so sick. It must be horrible for you to keep everything running while being out of your mind with worry. I know that I would be. I will be praying for his health to recover quickly. And for your finances to recover as well. :grouphug: :grouphug:

I am so sorry that you dh is so sick. It must be horrible for you to keep everything running while being out of your mind with worry. I know that I would be. I will be praying for his health to recover quickly. And for your finances to recover as well. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you.  And I will be praying for you!  I know how incredibly frustrating finances and debt can be, especially at this time of the year. :(

(I didn't want to derail your thread -- just commiserating.  :o)

I'm so sorry....and know exactly what you mean.    We were given 90 day notice to move and finding affordable housing in northern VA is a job to say the least.    She loved what we had done with the house and she couldn't find affordable housing so out we go. 

Big hugs!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I hear ya.  DH has been putting in crazy amounts of overtime the last 6 weeks and I had all that extra money prematurely assigned to debt, an emergency fund and holidays.... oh no. Instead we just put $1800 into our cars and DH is at the store buying a brand new washing machine because ours broke today. (This is after the last 3 craigslist washing machines broke in the last year!) 

Update!

Although I hated to spend/find or print the money we need to fix the car... It drives so much better. Straight steering,  no wobbly wheels, no growling brakes. Nice new tires to face the winter with. Feels safer.

It was needed but... where to find the $$??

It will show up it almost always does. :huh:

We have just learned to go without. D works on our cars, fixes our plumbing, patches or roof. He's not a naturally handy guy. It's been a long, hard, slow road for him. But if we can't do it doesn't get done. 

We just bought a new-to-us minivan. It's so nice. My last one was embarrassing. I hope the payments aren't too painful.