Menu

Stores are playing Christmas music already?!

TrixieB

Oh, oh, oh. I needed a white cardigan for October 12th. My procrastinator self waited until October 11th to begin looking. My search took me to Kohl's.  

They had a display of Christmas trees and ornaments with Christmas music playing in that particular area. It was in the back of the store, but it was there all the same. I kid you not. 

I was like, SERIOUSLY??? It's not even halfway through October yet!!

I did hear Christmas music in Oct. Can't remember where though. Dd was a bit surprised because it wasn't even Halloween yet. But I reminded her that until this year she used to listen to Christmas music year-round. She plays a cd at bedtime and always had a Christmas selection in the player, usually Mannheim Steamroller. This year she's graduated to Toby Mac.

Dd and I just got back from the grocery store where, of course, they have the Christmas tunes going. We looked at each other, then both of us started singing:

"Heard this same song twenty times,

And it's only Halloween!

It's not even cold outside!" :lol:

For those of you who don't recognize these lyrics, check out this video.

I turned on the radio today and boom, there it was.  Your home for the holiday christmas music.  Then while I was out running some errands, I noticed a house with a lighted wreath on the outside of their house .  As I drove by, there was a christmas tree in the front window all lit up. 

Since I started christmas shopping yesterday, I guess I am now ready for it.  It does help put you in the mood when you are getting shopping and wrapping done.

Dd and I just got back from the grocery store where, of course, they have the Christmas tunes going. We looked at each other, then both of us started singing:

"Heard this same song twenty times,

And it's only Halloween!

It's not even cold outside!" :lol:

For those of you who don't recognize these lyrics, check out this video.

Our K Mart started displaying the trees in September, so we changed the lyrics slightly each time we went there: It's September, stores with plastic Christmas Trees....