Menu

Home from the hospital

Guest inoubliable

Guest inoubliable

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. 

Gall bladder was removed and everything went well. Was told to "take it easy" and I'd know when it was "too much". Figured out what "too much" is today. Ha! 

Now I'm trying to figure out a meal plan for next week that won't leave me in tears with pain. Oh, and those pain meds they give you after a surgery? They aren't a suggestion. They really want you to use them. I figured that out today, too. 

Guest inoubliable

DH is home tomorrow, and Mergath and her family is around whenever I need them. :) 

It's frustrating not to know how long this recovery is going to take! I've got plans! *sigh*

Yes, definitely give yourself time to rest and heal. When I was 18 I had an appendectomy. Those were the days when they kept you in the hospital for a long time--4 days. Then I was released to the college infirmary. I wanted to start going to classes--it was boring just sitting around the infirmary with a bunch of sick people watching tv. But they wouldn't let me at first. Then after 4 days they let me go to one class. Wow--I was exhausted afterward. It took several weeks just to get back to my normal energy level.

Glad to hear surgery went well and you're home again. :grouphug:

Guest inoubliable

Been there done that! Wishing you well on your recovery. You might look into digestive enzymes with meals once you are feeling better. They have made a world of difference for me. I said goodbye to my gallbladder 14 years ago.

Thank you. :)

Re: the bolded - tell me more....

Let me preface this with not all people struggle with dumping syndrome after a gallbladder removal. I did. It was a lot of trial and error on where and what I could eat without getting sick. I knew where all of the bathrooms were in my town for a long time. Hopefully, you won't have this problem. I'm not brand loyal, but currently I take Solaray Super Digestaway capsule with every meal. The bottle reads " Enzymes essential to the digestion and assimilation of proteins, fats and carbohydrates." They help prevent me from getting sick at my stomach and help prevent the rapid digestion and cramping. Again, not everyone will struggle like I did, but maybe a little heads up might help.

Guest inoubliable

Wishing you a speedy recovery! I am glad Mergath is nearby. If more of us were, we could organize meal delivery for you. Take it easy so your body can heal.

Thanks! Me too. And I would sooooo take you guys up on that! LOL. I never thought about how much twisting and turning and bending I did in the kitchen until now! I have a feeling we're going to be having a lot of supermarket pizzas the next few days. 

Guest inoubliable

So glad to hear surgery went well... take it easy and let your family pamper you... hey! When did you move to MN.? Sadness...we've lost another east coaster.

Thanks! I'm going to try! 

Middle of June. LOVE it here. It's a lovely little town, with much less stress and traffic. So much to do here! Pretty apartment that's bigger than our rental house was in VA. And, Mergath! :D She lives just 2 miles from me. 

Thanks! I'm going to try!

Middle of June. LOVE it here. It's a lovely little town, with much less stress and traffic. So much to do here! Pretty apartment that's bigger than our rental house was in VA. And, Mergath! :D She lives just 2 miles from me.

Sounds heavenly... I'm ready to move from my neck of the woods...the stress and traffic are getting to me.