Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Done-- Workout at gym as long as possible to delay...

Um, did half? Good enough! --Organize the office (still not unpacked and it is now storage)

Done and done! -- Eat healthy!

As a bonus we stopped at library, DH paid bills for us, and we arranged a service we needed.

Take a longish (2 miles?) walk - it's a beautiful day! My husband usually food shops on Saturday but he has to work, so I will stop at the supermarket on the way back for a few things. Much shorter walk than I would have liked - my daughter's boyfriend came for dinner so I had extra stuff to do!!

Clean the kitchen - especially the floor Done - actually threw out my kitchen floor mat so I would just have to buy a new one - everything I wash it, more stuff peels off the back...

Straighten up and vacuum Done -plus I dusted and my son dry swiffered the wood floors.  plus the bathroom is sparkling!

Spend about an hour figuring out Teen Coder so I can schedule it Decided to wait till my husband is home - I am a tech spaz and I am afraid to install it on my own! Planned out Health for next year instead!

Call my Dad Maybe later?

Call my sister Done!

I also read a bit (The Way We live Now - Trollope) and made two dinners (my 15yo daughter is allergic to pretty much everything and sometimes I just have to suck it up and make two dinners..sigh) and spent some time with my 21yo Googling the Royal Family of Luxembourg - fun girly time!!!

I've written this in the order I hope to do it in, but we'll see.....  

Garden centre to buy plants

Drop books at library

Finish planting and mulching - this is a lot bigger job than I planned!  Definitely a multi-day job, unfortunately :(

Finish cleaning dd's bathroom - my kids usually clean their own bathrooms, but everyone 2-3 months I go in there and give it a good scrubbin'

Laundry (youngest is coming back from camp today, so it will be stinky!)

DD to voice class

Errands to buy movie gift cards (gift from kids' grandmother) and a new Bona mop - I'm very excited about it!!  My wood floors are not looking too good, so I hope it will help...

Vacuum basement and mainfloor

Use my new mop
Admire my shiny floors

Unfortunately, there are a bazillion more things to do; Who knows if I'll get to them, and if I don't, they'll be waiting for me tomorrow ;)

ETA   Who knew the garden center wouldn't open until 8 on a Saturday?  I figured they'd be open at 7.  Oh well, at least dd's bathroom is clean.  Maybe I should start on the boys' bathroom..... 

Good morning everyone!  It is a beautiful day here in our neck of the woods!

Company arrived sans luggage, heading to wal-mart for basics while we wait for it and a walk in clinc for her asthma meds, she only has enough for two days without her luggage.  It is so wonderful to have them here!

Picking up some kids at 10 for a day of role playing they've been looking forward to for a long time.

New iv med starts today that is supposed to really help detoxification and immune repair, praying it helps.

Just going to enjoy the day with friends and dh is home too for a change.

We have 11 friends coming over at 4 pm for fun and dinner :D

--cleaning (dh and the girls are in charge of this)

--set up the volleyball net (dh and the girls)

--deadhead flowers...

--make baguettes

--make coleslaw

--create salad dressing(s)

--prep salad

--bake brownies

--bake lemon squares (dd19)

--marinate chicken

I may also have to do some laundry--not sure what I have clean!

So remember when I found out about my 30th high school reunion after the response date? Dh messaged the coordinator on FB yesterday (I don't do FB) and we're now on the list! So I need to add

--book hotel for next Saturday (my old high school is about 4 hours away)

:party:

Morning all! I'm going to try to make today productive but fun! I didn't get much done on my list yesterday because of a few last minute hiccups so I'll be doingsome of yesterday list.

-library trip(ds wants a kids cookbook so he can learn other thing to make the family aside from oatmeal)
-pick up pet sitting key
-ds acrobatic
-dd & ds kung fu

-clean downstairs (whole family)
-discuss budget with dh to finalize changes
-plan next year 1 hour
-read for 30 for pleasure
-dinner at friends house

Good Morning....

• quick tidy of the house and zoom over the first floor...I'll be glad when Ella quits shedding so bad 
  • math lesson with ds this morning
  • watch a movie with dh
  • 1 load of laundry- white
  • thaw chicken for grilled chicken sammies
  • relax and renew...it's been a hard week

Morning, Gals!

** coffee and devotions - in process

** pick up marine artifacts to decorate church for VBS

** to to church this morning to decorate dor VBS

** dd has a birthday party ths afternoon and since I don't know the family, I am going, too. From what I've heard, they are nice people, just don't speak much English. Hmmm!

** stop by pharmacy

Have a good day, everyone!

Morning...

- dishes- nope

- laundry- not enough for a load

- print some coupons- Had computer issues

- tidy house- done

- clean and organize bookshelves, counters, cabinets and shoe rack- well got counters and a bookshelf done

- start dds' room and our room (dd2 will be moving in with dd1 this month)- nope

- clean tub- done

- dinner- done

- bedtime routine

Good morning everyone!!  Checking in a bit later than usual here.  Busy night.

Find missing much beloved dog (4am)

Shower dog with lots of love.

Wake up kids and let them shower dog with lots of love.

Give dog doggie treats and favorite canned dog food on top of favorite dry dog food

Let all the cats into house to shower dog with lots of love.

Laugh as cats vie for best spot to rub all over dog

Give dog bath

Drive around taking down missing dog posters

Repair hole in fence 

Buy new collar since old one is oddly stretched and hanging extremely loosely

Notify neighbors she is home

Do all the paperwork that didn't get done while looking for dog

Make popcorn and cuddle on couch with family (Including dog) while watching feel good movie

Morning, everyone!  OneStep, so happy you found the dog! 

Done:

kitchen

coffee in hand

***and as I was posting this, dh called and reminded me that ds has driver ed class today.  Ahhhhh!   We leave in 10 minutes. 

To do:

laundry

vacuum

math with ds

go to my mom's, continue with paperwork/organization

MUST complete water intake for the day 

dinner

mop floors  

Onestep- :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Today was ds' first swim meet away, and it was a good experience.

Done:

up at 6:10

breakfast

shower and get ready

pack up stuff for meet

drive to and attend meet

pick up lunch out on the way back

relax at home awhile

To Do:

put some laundry away

dinner (not sure if it's in or out since Daddy's here, he likes to take us out sometimes)

showers and lay stuff out for church (visiting another new one tomorrow)

watch Lost with dh and maybe something else

Today is peach day.

Perfect Peaches into fridge - culls will be used for jam/misc

Store to buy sugar and pectin for jam

Sanitize jars

2 batches of peach jam

20 peaches diced and in freezer

Finished book - The Martian. I liked it.

Collect history books from past year and put away

Tidy house

Wash dishes

Lunch - corn dogs, bananas

Dinner - breakfast burritos

Went to see Earth to Echo.  Really liked it but got violently ill during the movie.  Tried to hide it by sneaking out and getting food (thought it was due to low bloodsugar) and was partly successful because I managed to stay for the movie and didn't ruin my family's day out.  Got even more violently ill in the car on the way home.  Thankfully dh was there to drive.  I am very wiped and my sugar appears to be out of control.  The family has gone out to eat but I can't manage to get out of bed right now.  The cat is happy and is keeping me company.  

Went to see Earth to Echo.  Really liked it but got violently ill during the movie.  Tried to hide it by sneaking out and getting food (thought it was due to low bloodsugar) and was partly successful because I managed to stay for the movie and didn't ruin my family's day out.  Got even more violently ill in the car on the way home.  Thankfully dh was there to drive.  I am very wiped and my sugar appears to be out of control.  The family has gone out to eat but I can't manage to get out of bed right now.  The cat is happy and is keeping me company.  

Ugh!  That's totally Ugh!  Like over the top completely Ugh!  Hope you are feeling much, much better very soon.  Like maybe in the next 5 minutes.  So sorry, Jean.  

At least you didn't get violently ill on someone else in the theater....:)

At least you didn't violently ill on someone else in the theater....

I was able to get down the hall to the bathroom and then I sat out on a bench in the hallway for awhile before trying to get some sugar into me.  I was super afraid that I was going to pass out in front everyone or throw up all over someone though.  I saved that last part for the car.   :glare:  :ack2:

I was able to get down the hall to the bathroom and then I sat out on a bench in the hallway for awhile before trying to get some sugar into me.  I was super afraid that I was going to pass out in front everyone or throw up all over someone though.  I saved that last part for the car.   :glare:  :ack2:

Oh, honey, how awful.  I am so sorry.