Menu

Sheesh! Am I the only out here that hasn't started yet?

Cool name;) My dd wrote me a note and told me to "go and the Yoda will teach you momy Jedi way." :D

We start next Monday. My dd's just got home from a week with the grandparents today. They need a couple of days to decompress. Plus I'm not ready. I was going to do all this lesson planning while they were away, however, we decided to set up our extra bedroom as a schoolroom and I worked on that all week. What a job! It's mostly finished (just need shelves & a couple chairs) so tomorrow and Friday I'll be working on those lesson plans.

Reality is coming on fast :glare: I really LOVE summer.

we didn't finish until late July! the plan is a week in Williamsburg to have field trips daily with some reading and craft activities in the evenings....then we get going full steam Sept 15th.

the kids come every morning to the school room asking if it's time to start yet. I think they are ready. :glare: this mom is not...yet!:tongue_smilie:

Nope--not til after Labor Day for us. We're still in summer here!! ha. We hauled in about 4 wagon loads of pumpkins and spaghetti squash and cantaloupe from the garden today. That's got to be dealt with, and boy oh boy--I've gotta clean this house before we can start school:w00t:

Sorry, I should have done a search before putting this up. That said...

Thanks, Angel!

Same as us, Megsmachine.

I want to go to Williamsburg too, Tess in the Burbs

Give that man a hug from me, Mrs. Mungo

August 11, abbeyej ?!? Seriously? *shudders*

Indeed! Vegetables wait for no man, er, homeschooler, Tracy in KY

We keep to a traditional ps schedule around here. I taught for a few years so this is what I'm used to. Also, summer here is far too short to spend even some of it around the school table! We'll start right after Labor Day. Until then, we have a vacation to go on. :driving:

We weren't going to start until after Labor day either..but we will be starting next Monday. The kids have been wanting to do School this week, so we have been doing some Review, Reading..which is really helping us get back into the swing of things.

We have been making a list of some of the things they want to cover(what animals to study, places, things they want to read about, etc).

I'm seeing so many posts and blogs about (non-year round) families that have started homeschooling already. Any one else here still wallowing in the lazy days of summer? ;)

We aren't starting till September. . .but at the rate I'm getting ready, it may not be till Oct!

However, we had been a school year round family for the last 5 years. This is our 1st summer break in a LONG time. . .

We haven't started yet here, either. I'm still waiting on student loans to come in so I can get all J's curriculum...and waiting, and waiting.

So are some of the public school kids in this area. In Martinsville, IL, the June flooding got into the ancient high school there and there is mold damage. They were hoping to put the kids in Fema trailers and have school there until everything is fixed, but the trailers came and they have the same kind of mold! So much for that!

My son goes to his dad's house in that little town every weekend so he still has some guys to hang with on Fridays--they're enjoying their extended summer!

too many friends in ps and I love summer vacation. I love for my dc to have long days of time to fill with their own creativity. I had that, even though my mom worked full time--there just wasn't daycare back then.

I'm all planned. I charted history and science (all reading, writing and projects) back in May. All curriculum was bought in June. This week I planned the assignments for the first 2 weeks of school and made a shopping list of incidentals (mostly the "household" materials needed for science experiments). Next, week dd and I will do some math so she can get a feel of the program (our first dvd based) before we officially start. I also plan to read aloud the first two chapters of history because there are too many chapters to finish when I want to finish. When I say we start officially, I mean we start full throttle, I don't ease in. Perhaps that's why I relish summer vacation.

We're scheduled to start on the 28th. My order will be delivered on Monday.:glare: This is the latest we've ever started and my kids love it....Me, not so much...But the weather is nice here now and it wont be come winter. Hey, maybe I'll push back the start date some more...

We're starting on Labor day here. DH will be home that day and he likes to see what we do, so I picked Sept 1 as the first day. I have all the lessons planned and we'll finish most of our subjects at the end of April unless something comes up and we need to take a extra week off. We only take 4 - planned - weeks off during the school year and they coincide with the local public school calendar.