Menu

where do you get your news?

shinyhappypeople

I like Real Clear Politics.

You get articles from left and right. They juxtaposition them when they can, the titles are often hilarious next to one another. Even for subjects I am not interested in reading, I enjoy seeing the title comparison. (They are usually almost as entertaining as "Issue X is the greatest thing ever" above "Issue X is evil and the worst thing ever.")

They also have a page of world news, energy news, etc.

Plus, they don't have frivolous news, you will not find out anything about Justin Beiber there for example.

Online, BBC and Jerusalem Post, but also some pro Palestinian sites--if there's violence or police action in the PT we look at it from several perspectives if we can.

On TV we watch CBS because we like Scott Pelley, but it's more of  a news magazine than a real news show now--we don't have cable, so no FOX or MSNBC or things like that.

This is where I get most of mine too.

I also check CNN online.

I don't have cable, but my PBS station airs BBC America and Al Jazeera so I watch them some and check online some.

Dawn

BBC World Service.

Al Jazeera English

I highly recommend The Week.  It's a short weekly news magazine that summarizes and explains content from a large variety of sources.  It includes not only political and business and major event type news but also lighter news, like arts and entertainment.  I do use many of the sources listed above, but I find this is the best single take if you just want to be basically informed.

cnn.com

Der Spiegel (website of a German news magazine)

BBC World service

NPR

The Economist *

(*There is an economist website, but I usually just read the weekly magazine. I have not found anything remotely comparable with respect to depth of analysis and breadth of international coverage. By far the most thorough and comprehensive.)

I highly recommend The Week. It's a short weekly news magazine that summarizes and explains content from a large variety of sources.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.

I'm mostly a read the news kind of gal since I usually forget about watching TV until long after whatever I wanted to watch was on. No cable/DVR either. I subscribe to the BBC RSS feed and skim through/read articles on my Feeddler app. Sometimes we watch the BBC news on PBS. When we had the free Sirius trial in the van I'd listen to the BBC on the radio. On regular old FM radio we'll check out NPR. Sometimes we catch the local news. I also pick up rabbit trails from other non-news blogs that also discuss current events.

My kids get their news from the News-o-Matic app which my non-readers love because they can click a button and have the news story read to them. My dd loves this to pieces so I actually get some of my news from her. :0)