Menu

Went to Check on the Cats This Evening and

Χά�ων

Are you sure it was alive? Our petite, 8 pound cat has killed raccoons and possums, somehow. She is a homicidal maniac, though she hasn't ever curled up next to one of her kills and napped. Mostly they end up on the doormat, headless.

Is the cat a teen trying to tick off Dad with a wildly unsuitable new boyfriend, by any chance?

Are you sure it was alive? Our petite, 8 pound cat has killed raccoons and possums, somehow. She is a homicidal maniac, though she hasn't ever curled up next to one of her kills and napped. Mostly they end up on the doormat, headless.

Is the cat a teen trying to tick off Dad with a wildly unsuitable new boyfriend, by any chance?

It is alive. DS attempted to chase it away. If it goes after my chickens it will die.

We've had opossums kill and eat cats (esp kittens).  We've had cats kill opossums.

I guess this is your farm version of the Fox and the Hound?

It's interesting, nonetheless.

Though I'll admit opossums around here that are seen bite the dust.  They do go after cats, chickens, and carry EPM which has killed one of our ponies...  Too much risk for our comfort. 

I'm with Creekland on this one..."too much risk for our comfort." An opossum attacked one of our cats a few years ago. After many vet visits, we had to have Purry Lion put to sleep. His wounds were just too extensive too heal.

Since he has found a nice food supply, yours will be back.

We use to have a house cat that would not hunt the mice in the house. I was caught him sleeping with a mouse sleeping beside him. I made a loud noise and the mouse got up and ran away. 

This cat would often carry a mouse in his mouth to a hole in the wall and put him down. The mouse would then walk into the hole. 

I had 4! CATS! and a mouse problem. 

We use to have a house cat that would not hunt the mice in the house. I was caught him sleeping with a mouse sleeping beside him. I made a loud noise and the mouse got up and ran away. 

This cat would often carry a mouse in his mouth to a hole in the wall and put him down. The mouse would then walk into the hole. 

See, your cats were of the kinder, gentler persuasion!  They were exemplifying inter-species hospitality.  Why else would the cat go out of its way to save the mouse and give it a ride to its home. 

Maybe they were hoping for a deal as a Disney movie? 

This reminds me of the "good" cat in An American Tale (kid movie).  I thought that was fictional.  Apparently not.  It seems the cat left acting and went to live at your house.

It's cute, but I'd be super annoyed if any of my cats picked up the habit, so I'm afraid I'll have to cancel any playdates...

It's not a possum. . . it's an ugly kitty!  

When my sons were in high school, they walked to school early in the morning but often left the house at different times.  One day one son told me about a "really ugly cat with a long nose and hairless tail". He felt sorry for it.  Right after that, my other son came home and told me about the opossum he saw on his way to school that morning.  Son #1 got new contacts.

Speaking of bunnies, we have 6 cats and a house rabbit.  Our rabbit thinks she is queen of the warren and she chases all the cats.  They are afraid of her and never bother her anymore.

This made me think of the kids movie .... oh, what is the name of it???..... the one with the shark that is a vegetarian. His father is some sort of shark-y mob boss and basically disowns his shark child because he won't eat meat. The shark son goes around saving his meals. :)

This made me think of the kids movie .... oh, what is the name of it???..... the one with the shark that is a vegetarian. His father is some sort of shark-y mob boss and basically disowns his shark child because he won't eat meat. The shark son goes around saving his meals. :)

A Shark Tale? It made me think of Finding Nemo. "Fish are friends, not food!"