Menu

How about a sweet topic: sweets! Which would you want to eat...

PeterPan

This is for an open house two days after Thanksgiving to celebrate the wedding of my brother.  I told my mom I'd do cheesecakes and a chocolate fountain.  She'll provide the fruit, a vege tray, some meat and cheese, etc.

Option 1:  Get several cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory.  They're gorgeous, yummilish, would look great on the table, and will be something they haven't eaten before.  (I'd be bringing them in from out of town, as they don't have one near them.)  Very special, beautiful on the table, but huge slices that we could cut.

Option 2: Realize that people actually diet once in a while or want smaller servings after Thanksgiving and make the cheesecakes ourselves, possibly in a minis pan (square or circles?) or in sheets that we cut down.  Bummer is, it would be harder to replicate the beauty and flavors of the Cheesecake Factory ones.  

Ok, so it's your mouth and you're stuffing in cheesecake.  Which do you want?  Homemade minis or the Cheesecake Factory?  

:drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:

I prefer homemade. (am not a fan of cheesecake factory - and I just took my sil there for her birthday. even she wasn't impressed with the pumpkin pecan. or the tortilla soup which is why she wanted to go there. I gave her the names of four good soup places . . . . ) I also think chocolate fountains are over rated and very messy.

costco get's cheesecakes in - and this time of year, they do have a pumpkin cheesecake.

have toppings that people can choose from.

Wow, y'all are cracking me up!!!  I guess it's unanimous!  We'll do Cheesecake Factory, and if I feel inspired I'll try to make (or buy? Cosco?) some plain minis for the side.  Thanks!   :D

Hey, maybe there's a way to take one of those Cosco cheesecakes and turn it into something bite size?  Or maybe make cheesecake balls for the side?  That way they'd have the smaller portion option for people who want that and the glory of the full for the rest of us.   :lol: 

So does anybody have an opinion on their favorite cheesecake balls?  I'm thinking that would be the easiest way to get that mini effect.  Oreo?  Something else?

Cheesecake Factory is a restaurant, correct?  Call and ask if they would cut the cheesecakes into twice as many pieces.  That way people can try different flavors or have just a small piece.  I imagine they have an easy way to cut them neatly.

When we order bagels for meetings the place where we order slices them and also cuts them in for us.  I imagine a restaurant could do that too.

We're making oreo truffles for Christmas.  You mix oreos and cream cheese.  Then dip in chocolate or white chocolate.  Drizzle with the opposite kind of chocolate or top with leftover crushed oreos.  Easy & yummy :)  That might be an option that is bite size and kid friendly.

Cheesecake Factory is a restaurant, correct?  Call and ask if they would cut the cheesecakes into twice as many pieces.  That way people can try different flavors or have just a small piece.  I imagine they have an easy way to cut them neatly.

When we order bagels for meetings the place where we order slices them and also cuts them in for us.  I imagine a restaurant could do that too.

I'll have to ask!  I just assumed they were made at some factory and shipped in, honestly.  I have no clue if they make them there.  They come already cut, with pretty papers between the slices, blah blah.

We're making oreo truffles for Christmas.  You mix oreos and cream cheese.  Then dip in chocolate or white chocolate.  Drizzle with the opposite kind of chocolate or top with leftover crushed oreos.  Easy & yummy :)  That might be an option that is bite size and kid friendly.

Yup, that's definitely on the list!  I found the oreo ones, mint oreo, peppermint oreo, red velvet...