Menu

OK, prayer warriors, we need you!

"We" in this case means a group of families working to put together a classical high school here in New England. We are this close to being able to open next month. We have a space that's being given to us for the cost of utilities, but the fire marshal is asking for some changes that we're not sure we can make to the space. Can you please pray for a way over this hurdle? Thank you!!!

"We" in this case means a group of families working to put together a classical high school here in New England. We are this close to being able to open next month. We have a space that's being given to us for the cost of utilities, but the fire marshal is asking for some changes that we're not sure we can make to the space. Can you please pray for a way over this hurdle? Thank you!!!

I'll start praying now, Drew.

The inspection was this evening, and while there will definitely need to be some changes to the space, the fire chief needed to do some research to figure out which set of rules applies to our situation. If we have only a very few students (which is all we were expecting this first year anyway), we may be covered by business safety rules rather than school ones. So we're in a holding pattern until next week when they come back with more information.

Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes for the school!

Prayed for you, Drew -

My dh and I are grads of Hampshire/UMass Amherst. We lived in central CT, where a classical school was started and stopped a couple of times.

I understand the struggle.

You know Heather, I think that I went to high school with one of your dh's former colleagues. She's a music teacher too. ;)