Menu

happy saturday from my hospital home......

Joanne

I was supposed to be at a 12 step retreat this weekend. But I think that a group of (not @ the retreat) people are bringing an aa meeting to me later this morning. The aa community has visited daily and made real, helpful offers of support ~ especially through my oldest who is the only one @ home right now.

My school job has stepped in to care for and nurture my other 2 kids. They are keeping, feeding, assisting with homework. They have managed to get my kids to me everday so far (my hospital is not near my home). My youngest is hurting emotionally. He reports that me being down scares him because I have always been steady in terms of energy and working.

My poker community has visited and helped, and I think they are concentrating on help after discharge.

I am taking care of my toileting needs, hygiene, and slept a bit last night. I will need a walker for a while. I am trying not to worry about moeny, transportation, etc.

I am blessed with people and love.

Thank you for the update.  It's uplifting to read about your community and their support.  With all the bad stories out there (including the dude that did the hit and run), it's nice to know there are an awful lot of genuinely nice folks too - far exceeding the idiotic type.

You have my continued prayers for improving health and for the emotional needs of your children.