Menu

Barefoot sandals -- have you seen these?

milovany

They seem kinda silly to me. But I sorta like them.:-)

I've seen them as just a few threads or leather necklace-type thing stuff with beads.

I think you'd have to make sure the thread or yarn or whatever isn't scratchy between the toes. Other than that...I assume they are easier to fit than sandals!:-)

I think I'd like a pair of these! I am always barefoot at home, but sometimes feel the need to put on shoes if company's coming. This might be a compromise.

Anyway, I bet these would be pretty for dancers who might dance barefoot but could wear them as part of a costume. Clever design.

I was at a beach wedding and the bride and bridal party wore something similar made out of three strands of pearls and rhinestones. It looked very nice, but I don't know if I would wear those anywhere else, especially to a mall. I'm way to much of a germaphobe.

Yeah I had the same thought, "Um, why?" but they are cute if someone wants to wear something like this. Not expensive either. She posted them for sale on FB and already got a few inquiries, so I guess there's a market out there for them. (I was around in the 1970s and don't remember this trend back then, but I was only 4 when the decade started, so maybe that's why :D ).

Well, I knit myself a pair of 'yoga socks' and I love them. But, I use them for... yoga! :lol:  Aren't I a clever girl?

They are like fingerless gloves for your feet. I live in a cold climate and yoga socks are great for wintertime exercise when you need a bare foot, but the floor (or mat) is so darn cold it makes your feet hurt. Yoga socks are just socks that don't cover your toes or your ankle. But the arch and top of your foot is covered, as well as your ankle.

and the 'point' of the barefoot sandal is to look cute. Right along with the toe ring in the picture. They are decorative and fun. I can imagine all the college girls wearing them at the summer music festivals, along with their skirts, halter tops and braids. Brings back fun memories....

Haha, the foot is mine so the toe ring mine. :D I was being a foot model for my daughter so she could show the gal what her sandals looked like. I don't think I'd like the sandals myself but maybe I should give them a go.