Menu

Captcha?

ByGrace3

I just got it too.

But it's recaptcha. Just think, you are helping to digitize the web. ;)

For your viewing pleasure while you are being annoyed...http://www.ted.com/talks/luis_von_ahn_massive_scale_online_collaboration.html This is about a different program, but he starts out discussing captcha and recaptcha.

ETA: It's intermittent. I didn't get a captcha to post this.

ETA2: But I did get a captcha to edit...

I had this happen twice. The first time was yesterday. And then this morning. It asked for the captcha after I clicked post. I'm wondering if it will happen tomorrow too. Seems to  be a one time a day thing for me.

ETA: Okay never mind. It just happened twice in a row. The captcha page says to run anti virus scans to prevent this in the future?

I just sent screen shots to the email above.

I've gotten these several times in the past few days -- mostly if I try to edit a classifieds post.  

Frustrated me tried to edit the same post 5 times, got captcha over and over.  Post never was edited when I went through it. :p

FWIW, I also cannot post a pic in the classifieds today -- perhaps an unrelated problem.

If you're going to compose a post likely to be edited as you go, switch to Mobile View (in the bottom left corner of the screen) *before* you start.

Just so you know...

About noon today (CDT) I was attempting to reply to posts from my iphone using the safari browser. I typed in a reply, then upon hitting "post" i got a screen saying that my code didn't match. I was also bumped from being signed in. I never got a captcha screen, I just got a message that led me to believe the captcha failed. This happened twice.

In recent days, I have been getting logged out upon changing pages or returning to a main page after reading a thread.

Just thought I'd let you know in case it helps with diagnosing issues.

Ok all,

This should have been resolved. Our CDN Cloudflare had pushed an update to their system at the same time we did our update and they had a bug. I have been told it is now resolved. But if it is still happening please post here so I can notify them.

John

And I'm got one quoting you.

Just got this for the first time today, only when editing posts - I have to edit nearly every post because of poor vision, so I'd have surely noticed if it had been an issue for my posts before. (Also because of poor vision, I never get the captcha right, but somehow it always lets me through here.)