Menu

I found a Kindle Fire while jogging...

fairfarmhand

Maybe it's time for me to start jogging.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I found the email thingy (I am so technically illiterate) And send a message to the "from" e-mail address in the window. So we will see. I basically said that I found an item while jogging on our road and I'd love to reunite this item with it s rightful owner. If you can describe this object to me, call me.

It was me, I was out jogging in your neighborhood today.... Oh wait, the doc won't let me jog.

Seriously, look under settings. I know on the regular kindle, there is registration info there. With that, Amazon should be able to help.

On my kindle, if you hit the gear icon at the top right, it will show underneath, unlocked, volume, wi-fi-, sync and more. If you hit more, it will take you to settings. There should be something called my account. This gives the person's name. Maybe that would help if you contacted amazon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I found the email thingy (I am so technically illiterate) And send a message to the "from" e-mail address in the window. So we will see. I basically said that I found an item while jogging on our road and I'd love to reunite this item with it s rightful owner. If you can describe this object to me, call me.

I bet they will deeply appreciate your efforts :)

On my kindle, if you hit the gear icon at the top right, it will show underneath, unlocked, volume, wi-fi-, sync and more. If you hit more, it will take you to settings. There should be something called my account. This gives the person's name. Maybe that would help if you contacted amazon.

basically Amazon's site says if you find a Kindle to turn it into law enforcement or send it to an electronics recycler. !!!

I'd post on the local craigslist saying that I found a kindle fire while jogging in XYZ area, if you think it might be yours then please respond with the current books on it or something specific to the device.

If no one claims it in 60 days, it's yours by law in most states.

basically Amazon's site says if you find a Kindle to turn it into law enforcement or send it to an electronics recycler. !!!

We found an IPod Touch one day and turned it into the police. I figured that way no one could accuse us of stealing it. I would not turn it into an electronics recycler. That seems harsh.

Kelly

On my Kindle Fire you can tap on the top right by the battery icon, and then tap on MORE, you should be able to go to MY ACCOUNT and get the email of the owner. On the HD you can swipe or pull down from the center top of the screen, then tap MORE, and MY ACCOUNT to see my email.

That just chaps my hide, that Amazon wouldn't give you instructions on how to find the email of the owner. Grrrrrrr

I would assume it's for liability reasons. If they tell you how to contact the owner, and you do so, and the owner turns out to be an axe murderer or something, they could be held liable.

Turn it into the police. My found a cell phone in the middle of the street once and took it to the police station. It turned out that someone left it on top of his car and it fell off, but he thought it had been stolen and reported the theft to police. If it was reported lost or stolen, the police will be able to return it.

Well, the lady responded to my email and called me as well. She had been frantically worried all day, because she set it on top of her car when she was heading to work yesterday. We dropped it by her house on the way out to church last night and she was SO thankful that I took the time to try to find the owner.

So I guess I've done my good deed for the week!

And now I want a Kindle Fire.

Oh, how nice.

Well, the lady responded to my email and called me as well. She had been frantically worried all day, because she set it on top of her car when she was heading to work yesterday. We dropped it by her house on the way out to church last night and she was SO thankful that I took the time to try to find the owner.

That is awesome! I am glad you were able to find the owner. Once at Kohl's I heard a cell phone ringing in the bottom of my shopping cart. It was a Blackberry. I answered and told the person I would leave it for her at the customer service desk. She was very thankful. I would want someone to do the same for me.

1. Turn on the Kindle
  2. You'll see a lock icon on the right side of the screen. Slide that lock to the left with your finger. This should open the device to the carousel and you should see category menu at the top. (If the device has a password, you may not be able to to anything. If this is the case, contact Amazon directly and forget the following steps.)
  3. Above the categories menu at the top, you should see the time. Place your finger on the time firmly and drag down. This should open a secondary menu showing device options. (This is a very finicky menu to get. You may have to try to get it several times.
  4. Once you open the device menu options, select the "more+" option.
  5. Choose "My Account"
  6. You should be able to read the owner's name on this screen. It should say "Joe's Kindle is registered to: ########. This will provide you with an email address for the owner. You can then email the owner and tell them you have their Kindle.