Menu

How many pairs of pants do you have?

Luanne

How many pair of pants do you own?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. How many pair of pants do you own?

• 0 - I don't wear pants
    • 1-3 pair
    • 4-6 pair
    • 7-9 pair
    • 10 or more

Wait... More than 10 pairs of pants - and I'm talking athletic, jeans, casual, business and suit here - is excessive? Grossly excessive? I'm beginning to feel like a hoarder.

I don't think you are a hoarder and I definitely need more than only two pair of pants since that is all I wear. YIPES! I'll probably get at least one more pair when my daughter gets paid next time. I actually went out in my sweats this evening. I took my daughter to work and came over to the library.

I voted 4-6. I have 5, which is a lot for me, but I got them at the thrift store. 1 pair of blue jeans, 1 pair of black jeans, 1 pair dark brown corduroy, 1 pair beige corduroy, 1 pair beige casual.

Technically I have more, but I've lost weight and replaced the big ones with the 5 I have now. Some of the old will be given away, some will be cut up to use in quilts.

I have just discovered Goodwill this month. This month alone I bought 2 jeans, 1 pair of capris, 1 khaki pants, 1 dark brown cargo pants, and 1 dressy gray pants. Before that I really just had yoga pants and 1 very old pair of jeans. I hate spending money on my self but I was looking a little to frumpy. I gave my self $50 to spend and I still have about 1/2 of it left to start looking for some tops.

• 9 months later...

I don't wear skirts/dresses so:

Two pairs of lined blue jeans, three pairs of black jeans, two pairs of trousers for work, a couple of pairs of shorts, and a couple of pairs of lightweight cotton trousers for gardening.  I could do with some decent-looking summer trousers.

L

I didn't vote. I have 1 pair of workout pants. 2 sweats. 2 pj pants. 1 pair of nice slacks. And then... Like 8 that I cannot fit into :/ so i didn't know what counted. I rotate wearing my two sweats (1 is actually a pair of maternity pants) and wear my nice pants to church. I consider myself having 3. I really need to lose weight. :/

4-5 pair of dress pants

Jeans that don't fit

Jeans that do fit

Khakis that aren't khaki

Yoga pants that don't yoga

Capris

Currently worn: 2 pair of maternity pants and various pairs of slovenly not outside the house unless there's a fire pants that double as PJs.

I don't have any "pants."  I have trousers.  ;)  There's something about the word pants that just irks me.  I have loads of trousers, but there are a few I can't get into just yet and I am not getting rid of them.  I wore them when I worked, and they are nice, classic, expensive trousers.  I'm one size up from them now.  I'll be glad when I can get back into them, as they are really nice, and I get tired of wearing jeans all the time.  I don't think 10+ pair is excessive.

I know this is a funny question. I was just thinking about this because I just had a pair rip on me today (beyond repair) which means I am down to one pair of sweat pants (I don't wear outside) and two pair of other pants. I only wear pants. I own one skirt that my daughter wears occasionally, but I never wear it. I don't even own a dress.

I do have two pair of dress pants (no pockets) that are actually too large for me still hanging in my closet.

AMDG

I actually wear skirts *almost* exclusively but I have a pair of jeans b/c I have an occasional client that requires jeans and boots for working there.  So, I have that.  I also have a pair of black pants that is a relic from martial arts.  I continue to keep them on hand just in case of something . . . I'm not sure what but I feel that a pair of black pants is something worth hanging onto.

I have one pair of wkout pants.  I generally wear a knit skirt and leggings or if walking or riding my bike, whatever I'm wearing.

That's it.

How/why was this thread resurrected?

Its from March of last year.

Cupcakes anyone?

All I can think is that we must have had a spammer who bumped the thread back up, and Laura had already responded before the moderators deleted the spam, so the thread stayed on top instead of disappearing back to the abyss of last year's threads.

I know Laura wouldn't have bumped the thread, but she may have responded to it without realizing it was so old. (I know I have done it! :))

Currently I'd have to vote 1-3, but that is because of pregnancy.  Of those 3, 1 pair of jeans is really ripped in the thighs so I can't wear them out anywhere but I will in the house.  The other pair is maternity but a cut where the fabric panel in the front hits at a weird place and the baby kicks/moves constantly if I wear them, so they are super uncomfortable!  So, really I have 1 pair that I can wear on a day to day basis if I need to leave the house! 

I think I have a maternity pair of brown dress pants somewhere, but I have no shoes to wear with them :)  So, they don't count, as I never wear them, and have not this whole pregnancy. 

Three pairs of jeans at present, two of which are hand-me-downs. I only replace them if they get torn or stained beyond repair. I am more of a skirt/dress person. I have considered buying some nice black slacks since they sound so practical, but I can't see when I would wear them that it wouldn't make just as much sense to wear a skirt.