Menu

Spring Break - anyone with me?

1bassoon

Did anyone else wake up giddy this morning at the thought of spring break? We're off next week, I mean OFF - no ballet, no piano lessons for me to teach, no co-ops to teach at, either. I am almost delirious!

Where are y'all going? Who's got a good trip planned they want to share? Anyone else staying put, like we are? I'm Sooooooooo excited to just Be Home! (We went on a multi-state odyssey trip over Christmas; we are bone tired around here).

Spring Break, here I come! :hurray:

Not here :glare:

First, in our area the timing of the official public spring break (i.e., an off week from outside classes) has nothing to with common sense (I need a break after 9-10 weeks!) and everything to do with the Master's golf tournament. Seriously. The break is made to coincide with Master's week, which isn't until April 8-12 this year.

And since we just took most of the week off for a round of illness, I can tell you what we are doing Master's week.....

DD's activities were mostly on Spring break this week-I hadn't planned to take a break from school as well, since we have family coming to visit for THEIR Spring break week after next, but then DD got sick Tuesday night, so we've ended up not doing much this week because of that (or, at least, that's my excuse). Watching "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego" counts as school, right?

Hope you enjoy the time off!

Dh is a priest--Spring Break for our public schools here is always Holy Week. We don't go anywhere--it's the busiest week of the year. Some of our clergy friends jokingly (in poor taste, but...) call it Holy Hell Week because of all the services, but we love it. I do feel for my dd, tho--many of her friends go skiing or traveling, but we can't.

I'm BEYOND looking forward to the "official" Spring Break here; however, it's mostly because I'll be off work and there are no co-op classes. :hurray: It's not for another 2 weeks though. We'll still be schooling since DH and DS13 went to Florida for their own Spring Break last week. They went to Clearwater to see the Phillies Spring Training games and to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see Winter the Dolphin.

Enjoy your Spring Break!

Normally we take ours whenever we feel the need, but not this year. Since ds started out the year taking a class at the high school (didn't stay though) I decided we'd follow our county schedule for the first time ever. Spring Break for local ps is always the last week in March, so that's when ours will be.

We are on spring break too! I'm a little conflicted about it because the kids spent all of this last week sick on the couch. I made them read or watch educational programs (before they could watch hours of Doctor Who), but we pretty much lost the whole week. Argh. But I tell you what, I need a spring break!

We might go down to Sacramento for a night to see a cousin and go to the homeschooling store, but that's about as exciting as I get. We still have a violin lesson on Thursday morning. I should probably do a lot of cleaning, but what I WANT to do is spend all my time at the park while the weather is so beautiful.

Our spring break started today. We follow the public school schedule since our eldest attends. However, we have a track meet today and one next Saturday. We have practice three days next week, a 4H meeting, a 4H scrapbooking class (I teach It), and youth group (which I am a leader for). Tuesday is the only day we do not have anything (well, I did, but I rearranged my schedule) so DH is taking the day off and we are going to take a family day.

We're taking next week off, too. Dd's birthday is on Monday; she's turning 13! :hurray: :crying: :ohmy: Only it's not quite the break we were hoping for due to testing. She was supposed to take the TerraNova on March 6, but because of snow, it was delayed until the 20th. So we'll be spending Wednesday morning at the test site. We're still going out for lunch, though!

We're not taking a break.

After a disastrous start to this academic year, we trashed everything I had planned and started over in November with online courses for my son. So, any time he takes off now is just longer into the summer that he'll have to keep working.

I might get a little bit of a break, because both of my kids' dance studios are closed, which might result in a little less driving for me. But my daughter volunteered to go in and help the studio owner prep for recital at least two days that week. And she is trying to pick up a couple of extra shifts at her paid job. We'll have to see how it works out, I guess.

In any case, we won't be going anywhere, and my son will spend his usual time each day tethered to his computer doing schoolwork. So, yay. (Who, me? Bitter?)

We sort of are off.

I've got to work all week (except next Thursday) so the boys will have the week off of school. I will likely send them some things to do at their various places that they will be staying while I work, but for them, it's a very relaxed non-school kind of week.

In my case, I'm going to be exhausted by next Sunday. So not much of a break! I've got to bust my aft end cleaning on the two days I have off (today and Thursday). But I console myself with the thought of a major book-buying frensy with my own money after all is said and done, and that will be as good as a week off to me!