Menu

I love that moment when you...

Annie

Keep it in your cart and check the price every day, or even more often if you can. I snagged a copy of The Chestry Oak last month for 5.00 when a different seller put a copy up. Also, be sure to click on the little plus mark beside "hardback" or "paperback" etc. in the price box for the drop down menu. There may be other editions come up for sale there.

Keep it in your cart and check the price every day, or even more often if you can. I snagged a copy of The Chestry Oak last month for 5.00 when a different seller put a copy up. Also, be sure to click on the little plus mark beside "hardback" or "paperback" etc. in the price box for the drop down menu. There may be other editions come up for sale there.

Wow--you totally scored on that one!

I have never understood why the Chestry Oak is not required reading for every child in the whole entire world. Really.

when I see those listings - I always wonder what planet they live on. It makes no sense.

:iagree: I always wonder if anyone will purchase at that price and if you really wanted to get rid of it, wouldn't you make the price more reasonable? I am just thinking sit on the book for years until someone buys it or make some money by lowering the price and selling. Hmm...I think I would lower the price.

Have you checked to see if your library has it or can get it for you?

It's a small county library system. They don't have it, but maybe I'll ask about it next time I'm in.

From some Google searches, it doesn't seem to be at all that many libraries. I was able to find it at my former university. I'm going to be staying about an hour and half from there for a month this summer, and I'm considering making a day trip to sit in the library to read it. It's currently checked out and not due until the end of May. I have to hope it isn't renewed. :lol:

Have you seen the documentary of this? It's on YouTube in several parts. It's in Russian, so you have to rely on the pictures, but it's still interesting!

Oh, and if you can read French you can buy "Ermites dans la Taiga" from Amazon for as little as $29.21.

I watched the first part of it yesterday. My hubby made fun of me. I think I'll try to watch the other two tomorrow.

It's $12.75 now!

Really?? I checked it a couple of times today, but I never saw a different price. Darn.

I read this book a few years ago....it's not worth $895 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!!

Good to know! Is it worth an hour and a half drive and sitting around a dark library for a day?

I just read the article. I'm SERIOUSLY coveting this book now.

Sheesh....of course, my truly pathetic county library system will NOT be helpful in the search.

Sigh....pure torture...whet my whistle with a taste and then yank the feast away.

Dh was not amused at the price.

Faith

Glad I could be of service!

We are reading through the Droon series. 44 books in the series, published in the last ten years ago by scholastic. Once when looking to buy one of the books the library didn't have the cheapest one I could find in Canada was 188 dollars. :glare: (Unless you count kijiiji - but I'm not going to fly across the country to pick up the book)

I did check amazon.ca, chapters.ca, abebooks, albrisis, and another place or two. It was very weird. Happily Interlibrary loan came through for us.

And for you people in Australia. According to my library who wants to buy the book the only place it can be bought new and at a normal price is in Australia.

We are reading through the Droon series. 44 books in the series, published in the last ten years ago by scholastic. Once when looking to buy one of the books the library didn't have the cheapest one I could find in Canada was 188 dollars.

Aw, man. DS just donated all of his Droon books to Salvation Army. He didn't want them any more and I was unable to sell them locally so he just gave them away.