Menu

My dh and Lowes

Scarlett

Add my husband to the list. :D

I was actually happy that my husband took our 12-year-old son to Lowes recently and gave him an assignment. My son had to find a weird electrical part by himself and then report back to my husband. Our son found it or rather he confessed to stopping the first worker and asking for help (he got that from me since I can't ever find anything at Lowes. LOL

Add my husband to the list. :D

I was actually happy that my husband took our 12-year-old son to Lowes recently and gave him an assignment. My son had to find a weird electrical part by himself and then report back to my husband. Our son found it or rather he confessed to stopping the first worker and asking for help (he got that from me since I can't ever find anything at Lowes. LOL

My dh and I enable each other. And we're teaching our children well. ;)

Oh, he still totally enables me. :tongue_smilie: DH is NOT the person I go to for budget accountability. He just knows that I will be ooohing, aaaahing, and we should-ing for quite awhile. He gets bored - because it's not Best Buy or Game Stop that we're at. :)

The kids? They whine - "Noooooooo, not Looooooooooooowes." LOL

LOL! I ofter joke that my step-dad is at Lowe's so much his car can practically drive there on its own. When we were in the States a few years back, I borrowed their car and I swear I had to fight the steering wheel when we got to the Lowe's turn off because it wanted to go. ;)

Personally, I prefer Home Depot. I don't know why.

My grandfather used to take my grandmother to the lumber store for Sunday "dates", because she just loved tools and the smell of wood. I seem to have inherited that. If DH and I go out for a dinner date, we always go to Lowe's to walk it off.

I'm the addict, DH is the willing enabler. I've banned myself until May or we'll never get this deck put in.

Dh and I only go to Lowe's on our anniversary and really special occasions. For just a regular night out it's Home Depot. Our kids have always found it hilarious, but they didn't have to go through the terrible times before they were born when even a very small Menards was 4 hours away!

We only have Home Depot locally here, during the remodel dh became well acquainted with all the workers. I told dh we should have a separate budget category just for HD. I love doing the projects, I hate the hemorrhaging of cash, that accompanies such projects!

My Lowe's story.

There's an employee there who's worked with my dh before. He talks and talks and talks about everything and will not hush so we can get out of there. One evening we, the whole family, stopped and went in to grab some random plumbing part. This blabbermouth fellow caught us in the bathroom aisle and started talking. My kids and I tried to stay occupied but it was like 20 minutes or more. By the time it was all said and done, my kids had suction cupped the every toilet plunger in the aisle to the glossy concrete floor. I could not get them up!!!!! AAAAAIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!