Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

Oh great, now the curiosity has me too. Gotta go check and then go star dust fairy everyone. And I was going to go to bed at a good time tonight!! lol

...now I feel like a little star dust fairy. That was easy, silly, and fun. :) I think I'll wear my wings to bed because that's not weird at all. ;) lol

Night!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents is that none of it matters. All it means is that someone might have been bored one day and decided to rate a member or a thread. As far as the green bar and numbers, my understanding is that it is partly from the old rep system (which is why some old people have higher numbers ) and partly from posts that are "liked" on the forum. Again - no real meaning.

I remember hurt feelings from those days.

I'll try to remember to give stars and click on like a lot.

Someone star me so I am not sitting at a lunch table by myself. :tongue_smilie:

I remember hurt feelings from those days.

I'll try to remember to give stars and click on like a lot.

Someone star me so I am not sitting at a lunch table by myself. :tongue_smilie:

I starred you! Gosh, I surely do wish I had some stars? ;)

No stars for me either. And I need more friends. It appears that when you click on them, you can't undo it. So, if someone accidentally clicked and gave you one star, they couldn't undo that (though they could change the number of stars). And before this thread, they probably didn't realize what was going on and tried to sneak away. And I think it's just blue for the voter for a bit to show them how they chose.

I managed to give you blue stars but I'm not too sure why.

I would assume it's because you had 5 yellow stars, and I gave you another 5 so you went into another category.

I think they are only blue for the person who did the rating. They'll be yellow now if you go back and check.

Can anyone tell me how the old post got attached to my profile? The one that is on a green background, and shows when you run the mouse over my name? I'm like to remove it, or maybe change it.

That is your status update, and if you click on your user name at the top right of your screen a box will appear where you can type in a new status update. The box has "What's on your mind?" written in it, just type the update there and click the update button below it.

What is the logic behind the stars? Seems like it will cause more trouble and hurt feelings than anything. Especially if stars can be given anonymously. Were we all looking for yet another way to be judged? :glare:

LOL, maybe I just need more coffee. Just trying to see the reasoning.

I agree with you and I don't need any coffee to see it that way!

I suppose it's better than cow clicking, because at least it can only be done once... but it does seem silly. I wonder if the mods see who stars who in case someone starts abusing the system.