Menu

What did you do today?

Over the past two days, we have been manically cleaning and decluttering. Dh's cousins are coming tomorrow for four days...with their *6* kids! All girls, homeschooled, and all just sweet as anything. I am tickled and of course, my girls are giddy with excitement. So far, between yesterday and today we've-

Cleaned out every closet

Cleaned out every dresser

Washed all towels and my sheets

Vacuumed all carpeted areas

Rented a carpet shampoo machine and did all the carpeted areas

Dusted all wood surfaces in the whole house (we have like 10 bookshelves just in our school room!!!)

Cleaned top of fridge

Cleaned/sorted junk drawer

Wiped all kitchen appliances

Cleaned both bathrooms-mirrors, counters, tub, shower, toilets

Cleared off two shelves in kitchen

Reorganized all daily school stuff

Went through everyone's clothing and made a donate pile

Emptied every trash can

Cleaned out fridge

Loaded, ran, emptied, and reloaded the dishwasher

Folded two loads of laundry

And dh cleaned the garage and pressure washed the driveway, sidewalk, and both front and back porch

Whew!

Still left for tomorrow-

Mop kitchen

Bathe both dogs

Clip big dogs hair

Wash whites laundry

Wash girls bedding

Try to keep the kids from undoing everything!!! Lol

Yea! I get to complain! :)

I shopped for a birthday party, cooked for a b'day party, cleaned for a b'day party, hosted a b'day party, shopped for two T'giving dinners, packed for a T'giving trip (for two meals), went to the Dr., reffed an argument between two adults, listened to a long distance friend complain, cooked food to leave for my adult child who is staying home to care for the dogs, listened to my brother talk about pixels, and I knowIcouldletmyadultchildcookhisownmeals, but I feel guilty leaving him during T'giving break. (He is going to his GF's home for dinner, so not actually alone on T'giving.)

Today was a heck of a day. :( I need to sleep. I am so wired.

Worked on ripping out the carpet in the playroom with "help" from the kids. New wood floors go in this weekend! I also managed to go shopping for Thanksgiving during the 4 o'clock witching hour with the kids and didn't sell any of them ;) . I don't think I have ever gotten so many double takes, "bless your heart" and "you've got your hands full" comments in one outing.

Let's see..... I was studying until dawn. Slept for about five hours. Worked on my quiz for geography. Finished my essay. Had DH proof my essay (and fix a lot of it while I was in the shower/driving to class...LOL!!!) took a quiz, turned in the essay, ran to chemistry lab and then tried to finish my pre-lab that was due.... finished that, did lab.... had to re-do one experiment because I didn't put the top on tight enough or we were flumbling with the clamp so we lost like a third of the gas we were supposed to be catching/measuring ... WHOOPS... thankfully we were not the only group that had that happen to....so that took like an extra 20 min... Now I am home cutting coupons. THANK GOD there is no more class work due until next Mon.WOOOHOOO. break!!

I am just glad I made it through lab without spilling the acid on my hand. LOL..... My hands are all dry/raw and oh it would have burned....

I got the kids off to school, and fed/let out the dog. Then I took DS3 to the PS to meet with some cyber school person, went grocery shopping, cleaned out the fridge, put away groceries, made dinner, fed the dog, and cleaned the kitchen.

I didn't do much today, but for some reason I was tired and I fell asleep on the couch after dinner, while reading.

Alton Brown's mac & cheese recipe is very good, btw.

Monday is generally a "free" day for me, having done all the laundry and whatnot on Friday. However, I spent the day in my jammies, because something I ate Saturday evening came back to haunt me around 1 a.m. Sunday, and has been living in my tummy every since. Thank goodness for Netflix: 2 episodes of Gray's Anatomy (season 5, I think), 1 of Once Upon a Time, 1 of Star Trek TNG. Also, I watched my own Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I cuddled two little guys with fevers. Taught school. Ran into town and did grocery shopping. Cleaned the bathrooms although it seemed pointless with the sick boys in the house. Washed bedding from 3 beds. Played with puppies. Worked with the Great Dane. Doctored the cow. Oh, and I did feed the family chicken soup and buttermilk biscuits somewhere in there. Now I'm avoiding cleaning the kitchen.

Well, I actually thought I had been productive until I saw your list. Today I:

Cooked breakfast and cleaned the kitchen

Washed, dried, folded, put away 4 batches of laundry (I do no laundry on the weekends)

Worked in my flower beds for 3 hours pruning, trimming shrubs, thinning my jasmine, pulling out sticks still in the beds from the hurricane, and hauling it all to the burn pile in the back

Picked up everything that was out of place in the entire downstairs

Cleaned out my fridge

Cooked supper

Cleaned kitchen again

Bathed

And now I'm relaxing with my iPad mini and the WTM!! ;-)

Today Digby decided he wanted to go pee pee in the potty. He could be trained w/ #1, but because he's always refused to go #2, I gave up on potty training for a long time. Let him run around nekkie and he did it in the toilet!!! I think he could be potty trained now.

DH got the Star Wars movie that he had loaned to a friend. So they cleaned the living room while I made dinner, then we had a mini picnic in the living room. It's their first time seeing Star Wars and Pigby's eyes were so glued to the screen, he didn't eat any of his dinner.

Pigby did do math today and read Ramona the Pest. That's about all I can think of.

My older boys sat down and worked on a school work plan for the week. Goodness they are all talking abuot their need for direction...I promise I did not laugh. Prayers must really work.

Then we dug out a small desk that was in our giant storage closet. Then we pulled out boxes to go through because we need to be ready to move in the Spring.

Then I peeked around the corner and saw the fake Christmas tree. And, I decided to pull it out. My mom always put up a fake christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I thought she was nuts most years. I have never been a holiday person. But, it just sounds so good right now.

So, watch out world. I am going to Christmas it up. I might buy some red striped tights or something.

Let's see...work, online Christmas shopping, and then attempted to clean my house. Didn't get very far with the cleaning-the-house-thing and now I have even more to do tomorrow. :glare:

(can I blame it on these super-slow boards? My browsing the Internet time is taking WAY longer than normal!)

Fed the animals

Went to work

Made beds

Cleaned litter box

Vacuumed

Dishes

Fed the animals again

Socialized the rabbit and the rats (at different times :tongue_smilie: )

Finished reading a book

Watched the rest of Seasons 2 and 3 of "The Walking Dead"