Menu

What will you be doing Election night?

Another political junkie here... I'll be glued to the TV all night until it's settled - hopefully we won't have to wait until the next day to hear the final results.

DH will be out of town, so dinner will be simple and the kids will be in bed early. ;)

There will definitely be wine. If my candidate wins there will also be champagne. :cheers2:

I will be happy if we know within the week and that there aren't counts, recounts and court involvement.

I will be happy if we know within the week and that there aren't counts, recounts and court involvement.

Agreed - I'm just an impatient person, and have allowed myself to get so worked up this election season that even waiting until the next day will feel unbearably long... ;)

Whether the candidates I support win or lose, we LOVE election night. I love seeing the results come in and the excitement of it all. From local races to the presidential race, we love it all.

:iagree:. I love seeing the democratic process in action. I love knowing that my and my dh's time in the military was not in vain. I get all patriotic on election night. I don't care who wins. Well, I do;), but I don't think it will really make much difference.

I like Sunday morning news shows AND football! I don't watch soap operas and I don't cause drama. I need my drama fix from somewhere:tongue_smilie:. I love nuclear power because it pays my bills. And I don't care who you vote for as long as you just vote. We can be bffs!

Funny, that's the same reason I love nuclear power! ;) I also pride myself in being drama free. BFFs it is then.

I have two dance classes that night. The one *I* teach will be on task and run as usual. I just sent an email to my own dance teacher to ask if we had class on election day. It's a 9 p.m. class, and what I was really asking was "Are you sure you can focus enough to run the class?"

I LOVE my dance teacher, she's like family, but I KNOW her and I do NOT want to attend a class that turns into obsessive smartphone checking and political banter. Artists are passionate people in general and im just not up for it. I'd rather stay home. I've hit saturation, and for some reason, ATHIS campaign season seems extra long.

Actually, according to the OB yesterday, I might be in labour.

I was in labor on an election Tuesday. It was a local election. I woke up from a nap and soon started having contractions. I called Dh and my SIL (who would be watching Dd). It took them an hour to get to the house. I finished writing up notes for SIL and we got in the car to go. By this time, I was feeling a bit rough even though I'd only been having contractions for a little over an hour. As we were going to the hospital, I saw the voting place and said, "Stop. I need to vote!" Dh looked at me like I was crazy and kept going. It took ten minutes to get to the hospital and Ds8 was born 15 minutes later. Good thing it wasn't a national election. I probably would have insisted on voting.

Hope your labor goes well!

The kids will have permission to stay up as late as they can. We'll mark the results as they come in. We'll probably spend some time showing them poll results from the past month and news coverage from different stations. Dh will pop some popcorn. We may get some of our shorter presidential biographies out to look at between poll closings.

After the 2000 election, which was horrible for anxious people and that includes me, for the 2004 election we were overseas. OUr absentee ballots were sent way in advance but I was too nervous so I planned a vacation to take my mind off of it. We went to Berlin and while the arguing over who won was going on, we were visiting the Berlin Zoo.

I'll probably be glued to the TV with some kind of alcoholic beverage in my hand.

:iagree: Several beverages. Of course, dh will have to be at work at 5:30 the next morning, so I'm not sure he'll appreciate me staying up all night.

I don't really even want to - it's like watching a train wreck, I just can't quit watching!!!!!

Honestly, I'm just ready for it to be over. I'm with Chucki on this.... no matter who gets in, nothing seems to change.

I won't be glued to the TV as I can't stand the endless and annoying yakking interrupted by stupid and annoying commercials, but I will be checking on periodically either online to by flipping channels and looking for scrollers. It all depends on how I'm feeling at that time, I guess.

I have a rehearsal that night for a play I'm in. It will be our first read-through, and I have a small part, so during the scenes I'm not in, I will probably be sneaking peaks at my iPhone to see what's happening. I will leave ds at home with the electoral map to keep track. When I get home at 9ish, I'll be glued to the TV.

Wendi

Well, it's on a Tuesday, so friends will be coming over for dinner. Maybe lots of friends. The normal friends on Tuesday add 4 to our 5. Then DH said dd would babysit at our house, that adds a 3 and a 6 yo. So we're up to 11. Then another friend's dh works for the AP. He will be lucky to get home before 2 or 3 am. I invited them over as well. That would add another 4. So maybe 15 for dinner that night.

We'll turn on the tv after most of them go home and see where things are. But I'm thinking there will be enough close calls that the presidential race won't be called until the wee hours of the morning to those on the east coast. So I will get up Wednesday and find out.