Menu

What to eat with potato soup?

I make beer bread to go along with mine.

3 C flour (really good with half wheat/half white)

4 t. Baking powder

1/3 C brown or white sugar

1 bottle of beer (best with a pale beer)

1/4 C. Melted butter

Mix first 4 ingredients, pour into greased loaf pan. Pour melted butter on top. Bake at 375 for 50 to 55 minutes, until loaf is golden colored.

I like a spinach salad with a creamy soup. With strawberries, glazed walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese, and a TANGY dressing. I think you need something without a creamy salad dressing since potato soup is creamy. I like the Brianna Blush Wine Vinaigrette on this salad. So, yes. I agree on salad, I am just being more specific (bossy!!!) on what *kind* of salad.

I like a spinach salad with a creamy soup. With strawberries, glazed walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese, and a TANGY dressing. I think you need something without a creamy salad dressing since potato soup is creamy. I like the Brianna Blush Wine Vinaigrette on this salad. So, yes. I agree on salad, I am just being more specific (bossy!!!) on what *kind* of salad.

I agree, though I usually go with Caesar. Cool, crunchy, tangy pairs really well with warm, rich, creamy.

Corn bread here! Dh will use saltines if we don't have corn bread, but it is not prefered.

We just finished off a huge pot this morning. It is breakfast food for my kids as well as a dinner food. LOL

We don't eat salad with soups. It is an either/or here, not both.

Way back when I was in a sorority in college, our house cook would always serve the most wonderful sandwiches with her potato soup. She mixed a bit of onion powder and celery seed into softened cream cheese and then crumbled cooked bacon into that to make a sandwich spread that she put on a hearty whole wheat bread. Yum!!!

I still appreciate that she gave each of us girls the opportunity to cook with her one evening per month so that we could learn her recipes. I got several great ones from her that I still use these many years later.

Edited by hillfarm

I made potato soup for supper too but I just throw everything in the soup. So tonight's version (it changes depending on what I have on hand) has potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, red peppers, kale, corn and bacon in it. I added fresh bread but don't feel the need for anything else.