Menu

...please state what you are wearing tonight. But...you must make it sound way more Saks Fifth Ave. than it is, unless you're actually wearing something from Saks.

I'll start:

Knowing bold colors in this season, EL (that's me), is sporting striking colors for Sunday evening at home. The family dinner is done, the guest are gone, that means its time to chill and watch some Pirates of the Caribbean with the family. Fuchsia, that bold shade of pink, is her bottoms. In wide leg and cotton they come from the Mickey Mouse collection. Pink dots adorn the bold fabric to add a festive look to this relaxing ensemble.

Her top comes from Old Navy. A classic polo in a passionate purple, this dual purpose top moves effortlessly from daytime to evening. A stand up collar makes this polo retro and trendy with just the right flair, an important feature in your Sunday night at home apparel.

Making a bold statement she bares her feet and kicks them up on the ottoman. Chillin' at home should always be so stylish. :tongue_smilie:

<giggle>

Lessee..."trying to make an apron with a hole in the pocket sound stylish.." Hmm....

It's not a hole in the pocket, it's a strategically placed venting device. You know, like how you buy jeans with holes pre-made. Perhaps the more fashionable term would be "distressed".

Tonight I am sporting dark denim from Wal-Mart's summer collection. They are perfect for a family evening watching television. The outfit is topped off with a striking cornflower blue t-shirt from a premier women's outdoor organization, known colloquially as Girl Scout camp. The shirt is accented with the ever stylish but oh so common belly holes.

Ooh, OK! Um, I'm going to do it like a judge on Project Runway! Don't. Bore. Nina.

"I like this outfit a lot. I think it was bold to do a pant, and it's not easy to get all of the details on the jeans right when you're dealing with this kind of a time crunch. It's stylish, but commercial. I could see this on a shelf in Old Navy, and I think it's something a real woman could wear. Her booty's not hanging out, and the cut is flattering. The flare at the ankle gives her that hip edge. As far as the top, black is always classic...you could say it's the new black. You've got a knack for knitware...it's draping very nicely, and covering all the problem areas."

Very therapeutic. Thanks, elegantlion. I've been stewing all evening.

Belacqua is lighting up the living room in only slightly too-long khakis (what insouciance!) and a black v-neck sweater. The gentle fading on the sweater evokes thoughts of weekends on the private yacht, or perhaps afternoons of sweeping deer poop from the back steps.

And is that subtle shading on the khakis a remnant of a party at Beyonce's house? A day on the wild, screaming beaches of the Hamptons? A mishap straining chicken stock because the cat decided it was the perfect time to get underfoot? Maintain that air of mystery!

I'm lounging in classic denim dusted in tufts of genuine, 100%, pure-bred German Shepherd fur (aren't you all JEALOUS?!?!?!?!), and a plum and midnight empire-waist blouse. This look is so posh, I've chosen not to wear shoes or any other accessories that would detract from the overall effect.

For daytime wear today, Dorothy was wearing jeans in the latest 'blue' style, multi-colored high top sneakers with criss-cross laces, and a button front sleeveless shirt with lacy placket, in a seasonal dark green from the Eddie Bauer line.

For evening, soft gray pants in the newest fleece straight from the Walmart fall men's collection matched with a MSU shirt in the baseball style, acid washed to a lovely faded gray and red.

Tonight I am sporting dark denim from Wal-Mart's summer collection. They are perfect for a family evening watching television. The outfit is topped off with a striking cornflower blue t-shirt from a premier women's outdoor organization, known colloquially as Girl Scout camp. The shirt is accented with the ever stylish but oh so common belly holes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ooh, OK! Um, I'm going to do it like a judge on Project Runway! Don't. Bore. Nina.

"I like this outfit a lot. I think it was bold to do a pant, and it's not easy to get all of the details on the jeans right when you're dealing with this kind of a time crunch. It's stylish, but commercial. I could see this on a shelf in Old Navy, and I think it's something a real woman could wear. Her booty's not hanging out, and the cut is flattering. The flare at the ankle gives her that hip edge. As far as the top, black is always classic...you could say it's the new black. You've got a knack for knitware...it's draping very nicely, and covering all the problem areas."

Very therapeutic. Thanks, elegantlion. I've been stewing all evening.

:lol::lol: I so hear Nina's voice when I read that!

Ooh, fun! I will try to channel Elaine writing up the urban sombrero in the J. Peterman catalogue!

In the sultry night air of early September, the house tucked in for the night and only the chirping of the crickets and cicadas reaching through the dark, Angela sits in the dark. The lightest white lawn with just a hint of tonal floral skims to the ankle to catch the mere suggestion of a breeze, while pearlized buttons and hemstitched bodice transport her to a more genteel time.

(Or: I'm sitting on the porch in my nightgown.)

Belacqua is lighting up the living room in only slightly too-long khakis (what insouciance!) and a black v-neck sweater. The gentle fading on the sweater evokes thoughts of weekends on the private yacht, or perhaps afternoons of sweeping deer poop from the back steps.

And is that subtle shading on the khakis a remnant of a party at Beyonce's house? A day on the wild, screaming beaches of the Hamptons? A mishap straining chicken stock because the cat decided it was the perfect time to get underfoot? Maintain that air of mystery!

A outdoorsy and fashionable woman.

An 8-yo knit maternity dress, tea-length with an empire waist. Blue flowers on a heather-gray background give a sense of whimsy. Although I wouldn't even wear it out to the front porch, it's got the comfort and ease for a night of tv-watching with DH. Also comes in black with gray floral print.

comfort is key word for classic ;)

I'm lounging in classic denim dusted in tufts of genuine, 100%, pure-bred German Shepherd fur (aren't you all JEALOUS?!?!?!?!), and a plum and midnight empire-waist blouse. This look is so posh, I've chosen not to wear shoes or any other accessories that would detract from the overall effect.

I am so jealous!

For daytime wear today, Dorothy was wearing jeans in the latest 'blue' style, multi-colored high top sneakers with criss-cross laces, and a button front sleeveless shirt with lacy placket, in a seasonal dark green from the Eddie Bauer line.

For evening, soft gray pants in the newest fleece straight from the Walmart fall men's collection matched with a MSU shirt in the baseball style, acid washed to a lovely faded gray and red.

The latest blue style. :lol::lol:

I can't laugh too loudly, dh is asleep. Y'all are great, or should be all y'all?

Ooh, fun! I will try to channel Elaine writing up the urban sombrero in the J. Peterman catalogue!

In the sultry night air of early September, the house tucked in for the night and only the chirping of the crickets and cicadas reaching through the dark, Angela sits in the dark. The lightest white lawn with just a hint of tonal floral skims to the ankle to catch the mere suggestion of a breeze, while pearlized buttons and hemstitched bodice transport her to a more genteel time.

:lol: Like!

:svengo: I can so picture that, excellent descriptive talents!

Wendi is ready for a relaxing evening at home in her heather gray athletic shorts from Target. Handy pockets add interest. On top, Wendi sports a heather real v-neck t-shirt by Champion. The shirt is accessorized with white rabbit hair all over the front. This ensemble speaks for itself; no shoes or earrings distract from the minimalist look.

Wendi

Wendi is ready for a relaxing evening at home in her heather gray athletic shorts from Target. Handy pockets add interest. On top, Wendi sports a heather real v-neck t-shirt by Champion. The shirt is accessorized with white rabbit hair all over the front. This ensemble speaks for itself; no shoes or earrings distract from the minimalist look.

Wendi

:lol::lol: Who needs angora when you have a real white rabbit. Sounds like something from the Carroll collection, Lewis Carroll that is. You could be the red queen.

Relaxing with the family doesn't mean sacrificing fashion. Gray pajama bottoms with the currently popular 'distressed' finish are 100% cotton and have a well knotted drawstring, making it impossible to untie. Paired with an overpriced Green Bay Packers t-shirt (not stylish but licensed NFL gear isn't cheap) and smartly accessorized with a magenta and black Fitbit, the ensemble is complete.

And it all goes so well with my hair, which has been in a ponytail all day and now spots that lovely wave/crinkle where the hair tie held it.

I'll try this:

Rebecca is modelling a black Territory Ahead three-quarter sleeve Antara Pima Cotton Tee. The Northern Virginia beauty loves this top so much that she has five of them in her closet, and she wears them several times a week. The versatile top goes with almost everything in her wardrobe, and sees her through every event from walking the dog at 5:00 in the morning to worshipping at church.

Tonight Rebecca has paired her black TA tee with a classic stone-colored short skirt from Talbots. She will probably wear the same combo tomorrow as she and her husband haul their belongings to their new house, and on Tuesday as they deliver their only daughter to boarding school. Maybe she'll even wear it on Wednesday! Rebecca may be dull and boring (oops -- classic and understated), but she is certainly practical! Way to go Rebecca!

I'll try this:

Rebecca is modelling a black Territory Ahead three-quarter sleeve Antara Pima Cotton Tee. The Northern Virginia beauty loves this top so much that she has five of them in her closet, and she wears them several times a week. The versatile top goes with almost everything in her wardrobe, and sees her through every event from walking the dog at 5:00 in the morning to worshipping at church.

Tonight Rebecca has paired her black TA tee with a classic stone-colored short skirt from Talbots. She will probably wear the same combo tomorrow as she and her husband haul their belongings to their new house, and on Tuesday as they deliver their only daughter to boarding school. Maybe she'll even wear it on Wednesday! Rebecca may be dull and boring (oops -- classic and understated), but she is certainly practical! Way to go Rebecca!

:lol:

Relaxing with the family doesn't mean sacrificing fashion. Gray pajama bottoms with the currently popular 'distressed' finish are 100% cotton and have a well knotted drawstring, making it impossible to untie. Paired with an overpriced Green Bay Packers t-shirt (not stylish but licensed NFL gear isn't cheap) and smartly accessorized with a magenta and black Fitbit, the ensemble is complete.

And it all goes so well with my hair, which has been in a ponytail all day and now spots that lovely wave/crinkle where the hair tie held it.

One investment piece, like a Packers t-shirt, can make the entire ensemble. Well played. The crinkled hair is trending this season as well.

I'll try this:

Classic and understated indeed, this outfit says confidence.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

THIS THREAD ROCKS!!!

That is all.

(And as embarrassing as it is, I am actually wearing clothes from Saks tonight, so I can't post yet. Just wait until later, though, when I'm wearing pajamas from the BJ's Wholesale Club Fall 2011 collection and my leopard-printed slippers from the always-chic TJ Maxx... :tongue_smilie:)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

THIS THREAD ROCKS!!!

That is all.

(And as embarrassing as it is, I am actually wearing clothes from Saks tonight, so I can't post yet. Just wait until later, though, when I'm wearing pajamas from the BJ's Wholesale Club Fall 2011 collection and my leopard-printed slippers from the always-chic TJ Maxx... :tongue_smilie:)

I've been Saks a few times. I used to use their parking lot on my trip to the Plaza in Kansas City.

You can still come to the playdate, we are an inclusive group.

Ahem.

Bringing the monochromatic yet comfortable theme to life, Heather is wearing vintage, stretchy, "I've-been-lying-around-coughing" denim capris, topped off with a navy blue swing shirt with accented collar. For contrast, she has paired this ensemble with No nonsense ankle cuff white socks.

Who says you can't be fashionable while battling bronchitis? Not this girl!

After returning from church, I donned a pair of this season's Target (that is pronounced Tar-zhay...the French kind of "j") denim capris in a lovely dark wash sporting an eye-catching small splotch of light-colored latex indoor paint on the derriere. My top is a heather gray polo with a black TOPS logo and ample room to camouflage the poundage I did not lose at TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). It has been washed many times and now has a beautiful drape. My feet are bare to show off fashionable nude toe nails. That's not nude-colored nail polish...just actual nude toe nails. My hair has that wind-tossed look most can only achieve in the actual wind. My makeup is just smudged enough to show that I didn't try too hard. My fingernails are slightly jagged and not all the same length but keep your eyes open because this may just be the new trend for late 2012/early 2013.

Edited by PrairieMom
typo

Who says period clothes need be drab and splattered with bleach spots??

Today's housewife can be both bloated and tres chic...

Tonight Helena is sporting elastic waistband booty shorts from the Target super clearance rack. So what if they're sewn so poorly that she can't quite lift her legs from odd stitching?? At $4 a pair, what fashionista would pass on this opportunity?

Accompanying these shorts is a distressed (:tongue_smilie:) black Nordstroms sweater. No longer suitable for day wear, this piece has been moved into evening wear...

Pushing the fashion boundaries, Helena dares to wear a classic crew neck sweater to bed! Heads will turn!

Edited by helena

Fashion forward black knee length capris in a fabulous flattering knit, and a forest green t-shirt emblazoned with a logo from a bike tour I did with my son a couple years ago. Terry cloth flip flop slippers in a grungy, but colorful print. :lol:

Shoes do make an outfit!

Ahem.

Bringing the monochromatic yet comfortable theme to life, Heather is wearing vintage, stretchy, "I've-been-lying-around-coughing" denim capris, topped off with a navy blue swing shirt with accented collar. For contrast, she has paired this ensemble with No nonsense ankle cuff white socks.

Who says you can't be fashionable while battling bronchitis? Not this girl!

You'll surely be swinging back into good health soon with that collection!

Gosh I wish I could play. Y'all are totally my clothing tribe. But, I'm too brain dead to even approach witty :sad:

Enjoying the thread though. Rock on.

:D :D :D

After returning from church, I donned a pair of this season's Target (that is pronounced Tar-zhay...the French kind of "j") denim capris in a lovely dark wash sporting an eye-catching small splotch of light-colored latex indoor paint on the derriere. My top is a heather gray polo with a black TOPS logo and ample room to camouflage the poundage I did not lose at TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). It has been washed many times and now has a beautiful drape. My feet are bare to show off fashionable nude toe nails. That's not nude-colored nail polish...just actual nude toe nails. My hair has that wind-tossed look most can only achieve in the actual wind. My makeup is just smudged enough to show that I didn't try to hard. My fingernails are slightly jagged and not all the same length but keep your eyes open because this may just be the new trend for late 2012/early 2013.

OMG! I am so following your nail trend! Drape is so important in a well-loved item. It must fit appropriately.

Ladies, step aside. Wendi is bring uni-boob back! Fresh from her workout, Wendi is killing the uni-boob look, courtesy of her 10yo classic Target sports bra. Her top is in the ever-classic neon coral shade, accented with strategically-place grease stains. This look says "She can work out and fry up a mean batch of fried chicken!" Versitile indeed! Her red sweaty face complements the coral color of her top. Wendi is also rocking the ever-fasionable black spandex shorts, which highlights her to-die-for three-baby belly. She brings new meaning to the phrase "You can't touch this."

These posts just keep getting better and better. I want to go clothes-shopping at Tar-zhay!

You just have to know the right people to get in.

Who says period clothes need be drab and splattered with bleach spots??

Today's housewife can be both bloated and tres chic...

Tonight Helena is sporting elastic waistband booty shorts from the Target super clearance rack. So what if they're sewn so poorly that she can quite lift her legs from odd stitching?? At $4 a pair, what fashionista would pass on this opportunity?

Accompanying these shorts is a distressed (:tongue_smilie:) black Nordstroms sweater. No longer suitable for day wear, this piece has been moved into evening wear...

Pushing the fashion boundaries, Helena dares to wear a classic crew neck sweater to bed! Heads will turn!

Now here's a gal that knows those people, Target AND Nordstroms! She knows fashion can be affordable and restricting!

Ladies, step aside. Wendi is bring uni-boob back! Fresh from her workout, Wendi is killing the uni-boob look, courtesy of her 10yo classic Target sports bra. Her top is in the ever-classic neon coral shade, accented with strategically-place grease stains. This look says "She can work out and fry up a mean batch of fried chicken!" Versitile indeed! Her red sweaty face complements the coral color of her top. Wendi is also rocking the ever-fasionable black spandex shorts, which highlights her to-die-for three-baby belly. She brings new meaning to the phrase "You can't touch this."

You should dress to enhance your complexion, well done, Wendi, well done.

In keeping with the theme of the weekend, Sara is sporting ultra comfortable knit capris in the slimming shade of black. Two pockets enhance the functionality of these sporty slacks. The effect is stunning when paired with a cozy Old Navy v-neck T in Heather. Three babies ago it was a maternity top. Now it fits just right, sans fetus.

LOL, the uniboob! I knew there was a name for it but didn't know I was being so fashion forward. Thank you for that valuable bit of sartorial enlightenment.

ROFL! I'm crying here!

I really hate to inform you, but I INVENTED the uni-boob! :lol: Why have 2 when you can have 1!?

In keeping with the theme of the weekend, Sara is sporting ultra comfortable knit capris in the slimming shade of black. Two pockets enhance the functionality of these sporty slacks. The effect is stunning when paired with a cozy Old Navy v-neck T in Heather. Three babies ago it was a maternity top. Now it fits just right, sans fetus.

A classic wardrobe doesn't need to be updated. You purchased well, we should all anticipate our future fashion needs.

On the torso- a dreamy peach sherbert, body skimming tee and fashionably mid-thigh, sage denim shorts. Both purchased at only the most upscale resale boutique (initials CHKD) where all brands are THE brand. On the feet we have nothing but quaintly chipped layers of antique rose polish. Hair is sporting the disheveled look (according to ds13yo).

Edited by Onceuponatime

Ladies, we're like Duchess Kate, that lovely role-model for all women who recycle clothes for YEARS and YEARS. I'll bet at this very moment Kate is wearing some horrible get-up that she's had since junior high. Just like us.

Kate probably has Land's End on speed dial.

On the torso- a dreamy peach sherbert, body skimming tee and fashionably mid-thigh, sage denim shorts. Both purchased at only the most upscale resale boutique. On the feet we have nothing but quaintly chipped layers of antique rose polish. Hair is sporting the disheveled look (according to ds13yo).

disheveled is really just code for runway style. Fashionable and repurposing clothing into, shock, clothing! It's not easy being green and runway material. Way to go!

Amy's Sunday chic starts with khaki Bermudas from Kohl's...ready for any safari adventure, mountain hike, or quick trip to the gas station for more ice. Target supplied the comfortable and green cotton v-neck tee shirt--green in color and worldview, as she's owned this top for 5 years! Durable to say the least, the top has no tiny holes anywhere. Our safari lounger also believes in quality footwear, which is why Easy Spirit leather slip on sandals are essential to show off her nice home pedicure featuring Strawberry Margarita from OPI. If you can't drink them (difficult to steer the Jeep after a margarita, don't want to run into a giraffe), just wear it on your toes!

Amy's Sunday chic starts with khaki Bermudas from Kohl's...ready for any safari adventure, mountain hike, or quick trip to the gas station for more ice. Target supplied the comfortable and green cotton v-neck tee shirt--green in color and worldview, as she's owned this top for 5 years! Durable to say the least, the top has no tiny holes anywhere. Our safari lounger also believes in quality footwear, which is why Easy Spirit leather slip on sandals are essential to show off her nice home pedicure featuring Strawberry Margarita from OPI. If you can't drink them (difficult to steer the Jeep after a margarita, don't want to run into a giraffe), just wear it on your toes!

A woman who knows how to remain in control and be prepared for life's little adventures. :cheers2: Durable is code for quality.

Reporter: "Invoking the bygone days of Mommywood glamour, mirth dazzles in a black camisole, leaving much to the imagination. Shoulders are covered playfully with what appears to be a large strip of fuschia scrap gauze ... oh wait, no that's a vintage madras blouse from Les Kohls! She keeps it real and on-trend by pairing designer stained Levis which smell curiously of mustard with distressed masculine socks. Accessories? One word: Spin Pin. Mirth, darling, how do you pull together these ensembles -- in less than 3 hours a day, moreover?"

Mirth: "Well like Heidi Klum, I have a rule in the house. Rule No. 1 is always to look cool, and rule No. 2 is don't forget about rule No. 1. We have other rules like ending world hunger and ending illiteracy ... but the No. 1 rule is to always look cool. The rest is magic!"

Report (aside): [mumbling to makeup assistant while mic is still on] "Yeah magic, my @ss. She stole Barefoot Contessa's stylist after that whole embarrassing homemade 'Milkbones' dog biscuit incident."

Loving this thread!

Embracing her global adventurous spirit, Happy sports navy blue cargo shorts in a mid-thigh length. These shorts are suitable to wear as Happy does to prepare her elegant domain for tomorrow's elegant dinner party. Or she could wear these versatile cargo shorts as she explores the Outback of Australia or the canyons of Texas. Tres chic!

To complete the global emphasis, Happy dons a pale blue tee embroidered with small colorful butterflies and emblazoned with the word Canada. Truly a woman of the world, our Happy is.

Happy is bold tonight with her super chic, ultra short, post-chemo hairdo. Bunny fur soft, her hair is a tasteful melange of black and silver...