Menu

Taylor Swift - Is it just me....

I think it must have been quite a while ago, because Taylor Swift is pretty well known for dating celebrity men and then immortalizing their failed relationships in her songs.

I don't know much about her, but what I have heard makes her sound like kind of a little tramp.

I just looked it up, it's from July of this year! She said "like" about a million times in the interview. She claims dating is a serious thing and she does not have a boyfriend. She says she wants to be the girl that falls in love and it's a serious thing, and she does not want to have BF after BF. She is quite annoying after watching it again!

http://www.cambio.com/2012/07/05/taylor-swift-on-ellen-degeneres-whos-taylor-swift-dating/

She has some big breakup song that is apparently directed at John Mayer out right now, so any info that she doesn't date must be a bit older.

I've wondered about the age difference, too. If they were 10 years older, I wouldn't even notice, but there's a lot of growing done in those late teens/early twenties. I've seen it work out (one of my close friends from college started dating his wife when she was 17 and he was 24), but it was very difficult for them during the 5 or so years that they dated.

I think it must have been quite a while ago, because Taylor Swift is pretty well known for dating celebrity men and then immortalizing their failed relationships in her songs.

I don't know much about her, but what I have heard makes her sound like kind of a little tramp.

Just off the top of my head: Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer, Chord Overstreet, and now the Kennedy kid. There was also a widely publicized dinner date with Tim Tebow. She has confirmed songs about Jonas, Lautner, and Mayer.

That is a little harsh. Surely dating more than a handful of guys over a period of a few years doesn't make for a tramp. Dating does not necessarily mean sleeping with. And she is a singer/songwriter. It is what she does. Why anyone would be surprised that she uses life events in her songs is beyond me.

I don't think she's a tramp. I just don't think she's as innocent as she styles her image to be. As for the songs, I think when you're dating celebrities and then saying which songs on your hit albums are about them, that's maybe taking it a step too far. Especially if, as the Ellen video linked above suggests, you didn't consider these to be "serious" relationships.

Anyone who dates John Mayer is no longer in the sweet little ingenue category. It's silly for her to be the wholesome idol of little girls if she dates such men of the world.

(Love his music, but if I had a daughter she probably wouldn't be allowed to know he exists. And I don't care who grown women get romantically involved with...I guess my opinion is that it's time for Taylor Swift to be counted as a grownup.)

Anyone who dates John Mayer is no longer in the sweet little ingenue category. It's silly for her to be the wholesome idol of little girls if she dates such men of the world.

(Love his music, but if I had a daughter she probably wouldn't be allowed to know he exists. And I don't care who grown women get romantically involved with...I guess my opinion is that it's time for Taylor Swift to be counted as a grownup.)

I'm completely clueless in the pop culture arena. I wasn't sure until this thread whether Taylor Swift was a boy or a girl. But at least I recognize the name John Mayer. Why is he a "man of the world?" I'm trying to imagine what kind of sordid incident you might be referring to. :lurk5: Please enlighten me!

I thought the mom of the bride was way out of line to kick them out of the wedding. I just read that article and the MOB sounded incredibly rude. Why would you send an invite to an 18 year old guy, who's mother hung herself 3 months ago and be surprised when he just shows up with the woman he has been dating? I had a couple people show up to my wedding that didn't rsvp, you know what we did? We welcomed them with a smile, found them a seat, and enjoyed the rest of the night.

Edited by Carrie75

I thought the mom of the bride was way out of line to kick them out of the wedding. I just read that article and the MOB sounded incredibly rude. Why would you send an invite to an 18 year old guy, who's mother hung herself 3 months ago and be surprised when he just shows up with the woman he has been dating? I had a couple people show up to my wedding that didn't rsvp, you know what we did? We welcomed them with a smile, found them a seat, and enjoyed the rest of the night.

:iagree: Seriously, do you think the kid might have had other things on his mind besides your precious daughter's wedding???? Honestly, the MOB sounds like a witch. Give the boy some slack, his mother just HUNG HERSELF.

As for Taylor, I think that's a bad move on his part, but maybe he needs the distraction.

And I agree...that girl is no ingenue. She's dated the big boys (some of them over age 30) and I'm willing to bet money that it was not just dinner, a movie, and a goodnight kiss at the door...especially not with John Mayer. Or even Jake Gyllenhaal. :lol:

I don't know much about her (I'm not a country music fan) other than she's dated a few actors, but I was irked the other day when dh had on one of those Extra/Entertainment Tonight type of programs and they were comparing Taylor Swift to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and saying that Taylor was a style icon just like Jackie O. Ummmm no. She's not! :glare: Taylor Swift trying to fit in Jackie O's shoes would be like a little girl playing dress up in her mommy's closet. :p

And I agree...that girl is no ingenue. She's dated the big boys (some of them over age 30) and I'm willing to bet money that it was not just dinner, a movie, and a goodnight kiss at the door...especially not with John Mayer. Or even Jake Gyllenhaal. :lol:

:iagree:

Not buying the innocent act for a minute.

:iagree: Seriously, do you think the kid might have had other things on his mind besides your precious daughter's wedding???? Honestly, the MOB sounds like a witch. Give the boy some slack, his mother just HUNG HERSELF.

As for Taylor, I think that's a bad move on his part, but maybe he needs the distraction.

I don't know what's wrong with that mother-of-the-bride. Poor guy!

To be fair, I probably wouldn't leave Jake at the door either ;)

According to Kathie Lee Gifford, Kennedy is going to be a senior.

Still..one does wonder why she is dating someone so young. True it won't matter when he is 30 and she is 34.

At every high school around here, she would not be allowed to go to Prom with him- Prom dates have to be under 21. :D

How about the fact that she has now purchased the house across the street from where he lives...can we say awkward when they break up?

I think that was rumor that was found to be untrue.

As far as her serial dating goes....that puts her in the pretty dang normal category for her age. My niece is in love with somebody new every other week.

:lol: :lol: I only said that she wasn't an ingenue....not that she was stupid. ;) :lol::lol:

And I agree with all of you...Jake must be invited in for cupcakes. :D It's only decent.

I tried to find a picture of Jake eating a cupcake, I got distracted and could not find a picture. Did I mention I got distracted...

Did you know The Prince of Persia is really a good movie, although there are no cupcakes in it, okay maybe it depends on the definition used. :leaving:

Maybe it's best that we don't post the pictures and just use our imaginations, because I think maybe all of the images that were posted in the cupcake thread might have played a part in getting it shut down.

I won't post what I'm imagining, because even without visuals, I'd probably get the thread closed and deleted. ;)

But I will say that I'm not imagining anything about John Mayer. I have no idea what those stupid celebrity women see in him. He seems so sleazy, and I don't care if the man has skills; if he's going to talk about the details in magazine interviews, he's a loser in my eyes. :ack2:

But I will say that I'm not imagining anything about John Mayer. I have no idea what those stupid celebrity women see in him. He seems so sleazy, and I don't care if the man has skills; if he's going to talk about the details in magazine interviews, he's a loser in my eyes. :ack2:

THANK YOU!! I just cannot see the appeal of John Mayer. He seems sleazy and not very attractive to me. How in the world does he get these women?

Maybe it's best that we don't post the pictures and just use our imaginations, because I think maybe all of the images that were posted in the cupcake thread might have played a part in getting it shut down.

I won't post what I'm imagining, because even without visuals, I'd probably get the thread closed and deleted. ;)

:iagree: about John Mayer. He's going on the list of people that I don't want to touch me.

Although, I'm mostly imagining Jake's sister slapping him in the head and telling him Taylor is too young for him.

I don't know what's wrong with that mother-of-the-bride. Poor guy!

He was inconsiderate, yes, maybe even arrogant. But you keep stuff like this in the family. Her conduct is inexcusable.

As for Swift, well, she seems a bit off wrt her infatuation with the Kennedys. It feels icky.

Edited by nmoira

And telling the press? Tacky, very tacky.

Other way round - 22yr old man, 18 yr old woman - would anyone make a fuss ? :)

Taylor is such a sweetie, I can't find it in me to be down on her.

Oh my gosh-- a 22 year old man with an 18 year old young woman who happens to be a junior in high school? Yes, I would make a fuss!

Of course, I'm not a Taylor Swift fan. At all. However, I think I would think it was strange regardless of who the 22 year old girl was. Why in the world would a 22 year old adult who is on her own want to date a high school student? Oh, that's right. Because he's a Kennedy. ;)

I think she is one of the better talents out there that young girls are listening to. I actually like her music and the fact that she has a pretty clean image, compared to the likes of Rihanna, Nikki Minaj and the other "artists" that seem to put out music that is more R rated to the tween crowd.

Meh...so she is dating someone a little younger. Whatever. Its not as though he is 16.

John Mayer is very scummy and has publicly revealed how many of his ex-relationships were... um... wild in the carnal sense. He just broke up with Katy Perry and she is devastated. It was most likely a fling with Taylor -- but good lord, he is a notorious lothario for sleeping with anything that breathes!! Ewwwww. :glare:

THANK YOU!! I just cannot see the appeal of John Mayer. He seems sleazy and not very attractive to me. How in the world does he get these women?

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I think they either want to be one of his many conquests or think they will be the "one" to change his wild ways. :tongue_smilie: