Menu

Brag alert - exam results

'Calvin' got the results of his GCSE exams today. These are the exams that children in the UK take at around age 16, and which are very roughly equivalent in level to US SAT subject tests (although they are mostly essay based, rather than multi-choice). He's been really nervous, feeling that he didn't do enough work. I have been too, fearing the same.

He got A* (A+) for four subjects (English language, English literature, history and geography) and A for four subjects (physics, chemistry, Latin and French).

He's aiming pretty high in the kind of university he wants to apply for, and these results will really help him. :party: He was talking the other night about what a great foundation home education gave him, so I'm happy to take some of the credit....

Laura

He got A* (A+) for four subjects (English language, English literature, history and geography) and A for four subjects (physics, chemistry, Latin and French).

Laura

Those are fantastic results! Congratulations!!

'Calvin' got the results of his GCSE exams today. These are the exams that children in the UK take at around age 16, and which are very roughly equivalent in level to US SAT subject tests (although they are mostly essay based, rather than multi-choice). He's been really nervous, feeling that he didn't do enough work. I have been too, fearing the same.

He's aiming pretty high in the kind of university he wants to apply for, and these results will really help him. :party: He was talking the other night about what a great foundation home education gave him, so I'm happy to take some of the credit....

Laura

Congratulations to him! And to you!

Thanks, everyone. Of course there is one girl at his school who got 11 A* grades....

I just realised that it looks as if he didn't do maths. He had taken the maths GCSE exam the previous year and did a non-exam maths course this year. He had previously (when home educating with me) done biology, Chinese and classical civilisation GCSE exams.

Laura