Menu

Purple hair reveal

Lessons learned:let sit longer, and use the bleach in the kit

DD13 has dirty blond hair so we did not use the bleach kit.

As well the box said for 4-6 weeks of color leave in for 10 minutes, for 3-6 months leave it in for 30 minutes. We left it in for 10 minutes and whole sections rinsed away during the rinse stage. It is okay but not the results we hoped for , so after family bible camp is over we will pick up another box and leave it for 30 minutes. By then she will have had it for 2 weeks and it should be quite faded.

So here is dd with her new purple hair

Love it!! The purple really does look cute on her!

DH has promised DD she can get blue streaks dyed in her hair if she can climb the rope at Cross Fit. It was one of her goals and she has been working really hard trying to get to the top. :lol:

What is funny is DH pointed out that this was one of the perks of homeschooling - the kids can do weird things to their hair without worrying about the repercussions of school dress code. :D

huh it works for her. My friend did something similar and we both agree it was more a veggie garden look :lol: but on your DD is works she still looks young and cute but not babyish. I plan on Dying a few streaks of blue in my hair if I decide to start high school just to mess with people.

Cute! I would have loved to have done that when I was young. :D

So, when you do the next coloring, will there be different shades (streaks) of purple? That would be way cool!

I am assuming so. I would rather different shades of purple, which give some dimension to it than this mottled look.

She told me yesterday she thinks I am the coolest mom ever letting her dye her hair. I told her, she was right ;) plus you are only 13 once. Best to take full advantage of the age of being inbetween. School photos shall be interesting this year.

It looks so cute!

My dd5 wanted to dye her hair pink. She wanted it pink "forever" but I was too chicken to try anything permanent so we just went with spray. It faded out by the end of the day. Your post encourages me to try something more permanent.

Do you have any brand suggestions?

It looks so cute!

My dd5 wanted to dye her hair pink. She wanted it pink "forever" but I was too chicken to try anything permanent so we just went with spray. It faded out by the end of the day. Your post encourages me to try something more permanent.

Do you have any brand suggestions?

We have been using hair spray forever for their hair. I would not use the dye on such a young one, that is just me though. I don't feel little children need dyed hair and so for my family I set it at 13, as one of those perks of becoming a teen and entering that next stage of life. Not saying don't do it with your dd, I just don't think 5 yr olds need colored hair that is not just sprayed in for the day. If you do decide to dye her hair please google koolaid hair dye. No 5 yr old needs all the chemicals and bleaching agents on their little heads. The scalp is absorbing all of that, and in a little one I worry about much more being absorbed than by a teen or adult. Give her a pink streak or two usiing koolaid, it lasts just as long as mant of the kits, does not have those chemicals and is light enough on the hair to not make her look like she is ready for halloween.

Personally though I would just stick with the spray and leave the dye jobs for once she hit teenhood. DD was 5-6 when she first asked for purple hair, I told her it was for big people, so when she was 13 she could do it. SHe did not ask again until I asked her what she wanted for her 13th birthday. And then it actually became a meaningful symbol to her doing it then. Plus I don't think she would look so cute with it if she was younger.

We have been using hair spray forever for their hair. I would not use the dye on such a young one, that is just me though. I don't feel little children need dyed hair and so for my family I set it at 13, as one of those perks of becoming a teen and entering that next stage of life. Not saying don't do it with your dd, I just don't think 5 yr olds need colored hair that is not just sprayed in for the day. If you do decide to dye her hair please google koolaid hair dye. No 5 yr old needs all the chemicals and bleaching agents on their little heads. The scalp is absorbing all of that, and in a little one I worry about much more being absorbed than by a teen or adult. Give her a pink streak or two usiing koolaid, it lasts just as long as mant of the kits, does not have those chemicals and is light enough on the hair to not make her look like she is ready for halloween.

Personally though I would just stick with the spray and leave the dye jobs for once she hit teenhood. DD was 5-6 when she first asked for purple hair, I told her it was for big people, so when she was 13 she could do it. SHe did not ask again until I asked her what she wanted for her 13th birthday. And then it actually became a meaningful symbol to her doing it then. Plus I don't think she would look so cute with it if she was younger.

Great point!!! I wasn't thinking about the chemicals. I like the Kool-Aid idea!

It looks really cute! I had some blue tips put in my hair last month, but we didn't bleach it first and they didn't last long. Next month, we're going to bleach it and do it permanently. The purple looks great on your dd. I'm sure she's very happy!

I am assuming so. I would rather different shades of purple, which give some dimension to it than this mottled look.

She told me yesterday she thinks I am the coolest mom ever letting her dye her hair. I told her, she was right ;) plus you are only 13 once. Best to take full advantage of the age of being inbetween. School photos shall be interesting this year.

:) hehehehe

:iagree:

I used to have to defend my choice of allowing my DD to dye her hair when she was 13. People don't realize that it's only hair...it will grow out eventually. AND I would MUCH rather she experiment with hair color than drugs and sex. Picking your battles wisely will help build bonds and get through those crazy teen years. Well done Mom! :)

I also wanted to say your DD looks charming with her hair colored purple. The color goes very well with her skin tone and eye color. :)