Menu

Long shirts?

What are your favorite clothing companies that have long shirts? I have a bit of a muffin top that I am very self conscience about and I like my shirts long enough to cover it.

My problem if I size up is the shirts generally aren't longer, just wider. So, where do you get long tops?

And if anyone find a magical shirt that covers from the collarbone to the bottom of the muffintop, I'll pay any amount of money. (well, not really- but I'd be willing to if I had it.)

Bonus points if the shirt isn't see-through and I don't have to layer 3 or 4 shirts for coverage- one to cover the cleavage, one to cover the waist/hips/muffintop, and another to be the shirt I actually want to wear. :glare:

I just saw these packs at Bed bath and Beyond, of half shirts. They are like a wide band that goes up to your waist and below your bum. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Like add a layer and length to your shirt. Not sure if I'm explaining that right.

Ok I found them.

THESE

It would help with existing shirts at least.

ETA: or layer with inexpensive and snuggish camis. They are slimming. All the shirts these days seem to be so thing you need another layer

Edited by 425lisamarie

I buy maternity tops from motherhood even when not pregnant. Much of their clothing doesn't even look maternity.

I browse muslim clothing sites-- shukr is great and there are a few other retailers online, lots of tunics.

I also wear minidresses as shirts, with leggings and pants.

Victorias Secret has some tunics but if you don't like tight buy a size or two up.

Ok I found them.

THESE

It would help with existing shirts at least.

I've seen these for pregnant women, interesting thought, worried they would roll up though.

I've discovered that I like Daisy Fuentes clothing from Kohl's. They are usually longer and actually fit those with a larger bust without tenting around the waist.

Another rec for Kohl's. My problem though, I've been blessed with hips/muffin top but a very flat chest:glare:. So, sometimes i find shirts that fit on the lower half and I'm swimming on top.

I buy maternity tops from motherhood even when not pregnant. Much of their clothing doesn't even look maternity.

I browse muslim clothing sites-- shukr is great and there are a few other retailers online, lots of tunics.

I also wear minidresses as shirts, with leggings and pants.

Victorias Secret has some tunics but if you don't like tight buy a size or two up.

Thanks, good ideas.

The Kirkland brand shelf camis from Costco have a great length for that, and they're light enough to layer under just about anything. I found they ran a little big. I'm a pretty solid medium, but their small camis fit me just right.

I shop Woman Within quite a bit, but I find the quality of the t-shirts can be, well, not quite up to snuff at times. It isn't the sewing, it's the quality of the fabric I dislike.

Catherines is my favorite place for longer length tops. I shop almost exclusively there now for every day stuff. They give the lenth of the shirt. It is a plus size shop that starts at 14 and goes up. Liz n Me is the designer I go to time and time again.

QVC's brand of Denim and CO carries quite a bit of longer lenth stuff too. They also list the length of the item. I have really liked the quality and the value of the shirts I bought in the past couple of years. I do find for me they run a tad small in the bust, so I don't dry them in the dryer. I just hang them up to dry and that helps.

Ok I found them.

THESE

Haramaki. I have some from Etsy that I love for layering in the winter, and using under tops that show more than I like when teaching fitness classes.

My tall friends all love New York Co because their shirts are long enough. I would second Old Navy tanks, too. They're like dresses on me (I'm 5'0"). Gap "my favorite tee" seem "long enough", inasmuch as they sort of scrunch up at my hips but don't hug under the bum.