Menu

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

That is, w/o interruption from dh or dc?

With "getting ready" I mean you are presentable enough to go out in public. You have showered, brushed your teeth, done your hair and makeup(if you wear it), and have on clean clothes. And you've also eaten breakfast. If you have a job, how long does it take you to become "work ready" in the morning?

It takes me about an hour, and I think that's too long.

When I was working, I would be out the door, on my way to work within 20 minutes of waking up. I always shower at night, though, because I don't like to blow-dry my hair.

These days, I can be ready to leave within 3 minutes, lol. If we have errands to run, or we're going to homeschool group, I brush my teeth, throw on clothes, and I'm ready to go.

I don't think I've ever in my life spent an hour to get ready - not even for my wedding, lol!

On the 3 days I work, it takes me about 1 hour and 15 minutes (that includes showering, drying and styling hair, makeup, and occasionally ironing if I have to wear a suit); plus another 30 minutes to get the kids ready.

On my home days and DH is home, too, then about 40 minutes (shower, dressing, throwing hair up in a pony tail).

On home days when DH isn't home, then 5 minutes to throw on some clothes and if I'm lucky, run brush through my hair before it goes up in the pony tail.

:001_huh:

30 minutes for just me. A little less maybe - I haven't done just me in a while. That's a shower, makeup, dressed, brush teeth, blow dry hair, eat. I think that's it!

When we have to get ready for church, it takes me about an hour to get all four kids and me ready. But that includes a breakfast of eggs, oatmeal and toast!

Just guessing, because I can't really remember a time in the last 10 years that I haven't been interrupted, but I think about 30-40 min. That's shower, drying my hair, makeup, curling my hair and brushing my teeth. I can't eat that early in the morning, so I can't include that. If I take a shower at night, then it only will take about 10-15 min, max. Now, if you add in the 1/2 hour or so from when I wake up, drink 2 cups of coffee and read the news online BEFORE I even consider taking a shower, then we're looking at over an hour.

40 minutes, not including breakfast (that varies based on whether I'm cooking something or not). I have to wash my hair every morning, because I have very oily hair. And I blow dry it most days because otherwise it's frizzy. In a pinch I can leave it wet in a pony tail and save myself a few minutes, but since I don't like the way I look with a pony tail much, I don't do that often.

Those who spend a lot less time seem to shower at night. If I could do that I'd be down to about 10 minutes. I wish I could do it that way , but my oily scalp won't allow it.

Erica

Oh, wow! I now have a summer project. :D I'd like to get my routine down to 30 minutes like most of you. In my defense, I have very thick hair, and if I blow dry it all the way through, it adds an extra 15-20 minutes. I don't usually do that, though, unless I need to be somewhere first thing in the morning.

Well, the actual getting ready doesn't take too long. It does take quite a while for me to comb through my hair in the shower, but I don't have to style my hair because of the curls. I just rub cream through it. Makeup takes a couple of minutes -- same with getting dressed.

BUT

It takes over an hour to dry naturally, so this holds me up.

I think about 15 minutes. It is that long because of the medications I need to take and the ones I have to give to children and letting the dog go out.

I don't need to wash my hair every day- more like twice a week. My teethbrushing/asthma routine lasts about three minutes. Any makeup I use for daytime takes about two minutes. Medicine taking and giving takes about four minutes. Dog takes about two. Getting dressed takes about two. Don't usually wear tied shoes and socks so that takes 5 seconds.

Now do I take that little- not usually since I will be reading the newspaper and answering emails.

If I don't shower, it's maybe 10 minutes. I'm fortunate in that my skin tone and coloring don't require me to put on a "face". Like you, Diana, I have very thick hair and I do have to blow dry it after washing. That's the most time-consuming part of getting ready for me, but I still don't spend too much time on it because I just don't have the patience.:)

From waking up to dressed is 15-20 minutes (including brushing teeth, shower, etc.), but then there's another 30 to 45 minutes of making coffee, drinking coffee, having another cup of coffee, and maybe some toast, and perhaps there's another half cup in the pot there.... ;) If I have to be somewhere fast I can cut that down to 5 minutes to make one big cup and take it with me, but then I risk spilling it in the car. LOL

People who know me well provide a pot of coffee if they need me somewhere in the morning.

20 minutes to shower and dress and brush teeth very well

5 minutes stretches

5 minutes to boil water and toast toast

5-10 minutes to eat, depending on what I'm reading

5 minutes to pack lunch and organize my stuff and a quick re-brush

(any extra time until 6 to check my email)

5 minutes to drive to where I meet my carpooler, my sane, quiet, stable, reliable carpooler.

this is about an hour