Menu

When you dream...

How do you experience yourself in dreams?  

1. 1. How do you experience yourself in dreams?

• Through my own eyes
    • I watch myself
    • Other

Through my own eyes, but I'm not always me. And others aren't always who they really are, either... Rather, they are just "understood" to be the people they're supposed to be in the dream.

I'm just like this except that I almost always am watching myself, whomever I happen to be.

Through my own eyes.

In fact, one of the indicators I use to tell that I'm dreaming is the inability to see myself, even in a mirror. Since discovering this, I'm often unable to find a reflective surface in my dreams. For example, I'll go to look at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, but when I open the bathroom door it leads into a grassy field. :confused:

Edited by happymomofboys
typo

I voted other. I've done both. And I've been someone else entirely in my dreams. I attended my own funeral in a dream. I watched myself in that one. Though it was kind of boring. I just laid there... dead.

What an interesting question!

I dream from my own perspective (through my own eyes).

I asked my kids. Both of them said they dream through their own eyes AND watching themselves (but not usually switching viewpoints in the same dream). Also they dream they are other people/characters or animals. I don't remember dreaming that I was someone else, or an animal.

Both. I am also sometimes not myself but someone/something else. At times my dreams, where I am myself seeing through my own eyes, are so realistic I think that they have really happened. I have experiences from childhood that I am told never happened. There are only a handful from adulthood that I remember as real that must have happened in my dreams.

Now, if I can only go back to dreamland soon, I will be happy. I shouldn't be up at this time of the night!:tongue_smilie:

I am always me and the people are always who they should be too. Dreaming has been on my mind alot lately to be honest. I keep having this type of dream over and over and have been wondering why or what it means. It is about the person (sorry I can't call her a woman) that my ex had a year long thing with. This happened years ago and I am not with him so I wonder why it keeps happening.

In the dream the pain I feel is very very real and I always wake up kinda freaked out.