Menu

Facebook Rollcall

Taking a deep breath. Okay, here I am. Low drama, boring everyday stuff.

Editing to take out the part asking you to send me a message. It's easier to just accept friendships for the next day or two or however long this thread stays active.

Edited by floridamom

Me! Me! Pick ME!!!

I have been told my posts are hilarious. I think they're mostly referring to the ones about my crazy children; things like:

Digby is pretending the geoboard is a cookie sheet and the rubber bands are cookies. He carried the "cookie sheet" over to the "oven" (aka the filing cabinet) and when it wouldn't open (because I keep it locked) he screamed "How DARE you?!" at it.

And:

Digby is standing on a kitchen chair, licking the sour cream spoon, and saying in a deep, gravelly, mad scientist voice, "That's much better! That's much better!" and then laughing hysterically.

It seems like you can't send a message with a friend request anymore. I didn't know that. You used to be able to add a short personal message. Oh well, I figured the sudden influx of friend requests came from here anyway. :D

It may be your security settings. I set my dc's so that personal messages couldn't be sent. Ds and Dh got a lot of "messages" from half naked women. :tongue_smilie:

It seems like you can't send a message with a friend request anymore. I didn't know that. You used to be able to add a short personal message. Oh well, I figured the sudden influx of friend requests came from here anyway. :D

I think it is a personal setting that you can control. :)

I think I must also warn that I am FB friends with some "salty" people (reprobates, actually) because of my hobbies. So know that you might get unsavory stuff in your newsfeed.

I don't post gross stuff (well, okay, some stuff:tongue_smilie:) but I might choose to respond to a friend's update or comment. That you will see.

I'm game, as I have quite a few HS/WTM friends on there already. Everyone else I know personally.

OK, I took my link off. I am going out of town anyway... you can find me through everyone else if you want.

:D

Edited by radiobrain

It may be your security settings.

I think it is a personal setting that you can control. :)

Thanks. I did change some things when I increased my privacy a while back, but I thought I left it so people could contact me. Off to take ds to guitar lessons, then I'll take a look at later.

Weird Florida Mom, I sent you a request but can't send a message to introduce myself?

I'm Julie Smith.

me too...I still can't figure out the Timeline. Seems like there are not as many options. Anyway, request from Paula Blandford Bush :)

My name is Rebecca ...

Yay! I love liberal politics ... already sent requests to a couple of you.

Ok - this is me and I would love more homeschooling friends. I lean liberal/secular (UU). Fairly light and boring FB user, but would probably use it more with more homeschooling friends! I will also delete later ...

ETA - took my link out but still happy to PM it if you message me!

Edited by kck

My name is Rebecca Wald. You won't want to friend me if liberal politics annoy you, but I bet most of you have already figured that part out. ;)

:lol: Me too.

I'm Cindie Young... I'll try to open it up, if I can remember how to do it.

Same as Rivka, I'm a UU liberal... just so you know.

Looking forward to figuring out who the heck my new friends are. :lol:

I also have a FB page for my homeschooling blog, "Tinderbox Homeschool," so homeschooling stuff doesn't usually make it to my main FB. But I figure y'all may already have enough homeschooling stuff to read.