Menu

Anyone up for "name this baby?"

Ok, our 5 girl streak has come to an end. We are having our second boy after 10 years. :party: So, he needs a name.

You see, if it had been a girl, it would have been easy-- there are only two or three girl names left that we like, so it would have been narrowed down.

But boy names. Wow. There are tons. And we are pretty narrow as all of of children have biblical first and middle names.

So, have at it ladies and gentlemen. I am fairly open. Our son is Samuel David, so that is taken. ;)

But boy names. Wow. There are tons. And we are pretty narrow as all of of children have biblical first and middle names.

My favorite biblical boys name is Raphael. Rophi is Hebrew for my healer, and El, of course, is God. It's common enough that folks know how to spell it, but uncommon enough that your kid won't likely know many others with their name.

None of our kids Hebrew names (a Jewish tradition not related to legal names) ended up being Raphael, though. We have an Ari, a Descha, a Dov and a Lev, which translate as lion, green pastures, bear, and heart, respectively.

Most of our kids are biblical as well. :) With six girls and two boys I don't have much practice at boys' names. ;)

We have a Christian Joseph (after my dad) and a Timothy Gerald (after dh's dad.)

I adore Elijah and Gabriel. Gabriel James is my first pick for the next boy, Gabe for short.

Josiah

Jeremiah

Jacob

Titus

Zion

There are so many choices for boys.... Of course there seemed like a lot of choices for girls about six babies ago! :D

I like Josiah, Caleb, Gideon (pronounced the French way like Jideon, because I knew a boy in our neighbourhood with that name), Elijah, David (that one is very common, I know, but I still like it), Boaz, Noah, Joshua (also used a lot), Luke.

Mordecai is one of my dd's favourite names, and she plans to name one of her future sons that.

Boys are a blessing to raise. God has given you a wonderful gift!

We are expecting boy number three in about 6 weeks and need to pick a name too. Our family names are pretty much picked over by other family members. We have had many family conversations about it. Right now dh likes traditional names like Charles and Henry. I like Peter and Timothy. I have always love Benjamin but my db and sil used that one already.

A lot biblical names like Joshua, Caleb, Josiah, and Isaac are way over done in our area. I do not know which way to go! I am praying that God will give us direction soon!

Thanks for posting this Marie, now I have some new ideas!

Our 3 boys have Biblical first names and family middle names. We have Jacob, Jared, and Caleb. Jared is the father of Enoch and grandfather of Methuselah. Caleb is such a great story of strength and faith in God. He kept it to his 80's when he led his tribe to conquer the toughest section of land. Jacob was named after my grandfather but also because it is a biblical name.

Simeon. I really like the name Simeon. If we had had another boy, he'd have been Simeon. But that might be too close to your other son's name, Sam. (Sam, Sim????)

Our three sons are named:

William Elijah (William - after his grandfather who passed away while I was pregnant with him)

Joshua Adam

Sean Jacob

Andrew because in the gospel of John it is Andrew who runs to find his brother to share Christ with him. I love that boldness. I would do Andrew Thomas

I also like the name Paul David

Choosing names is so much fun! Thanks for letting us share in the joy!

We have a Benjamin and a Joshua. Joshua is fairly common, but I like that he took a strong stand for God! Benjamin means "Son of my right hand". Their middle names aren't Bible names. I've had two people tell me they named their sons Benjamin because of our son! My ds was cute but it was because they liked the sound of the name AND the cuteness of the boy that they chose the name.

I like Zachariah (Zachary, Zach), Jeremiah (as long as it doesn't get shortened to Jerry--for some reason I don't like that name), Matthew (not Matt), and many of the other names that were mentioned!

Congratulations!!!

Let us know what name you decide on!

I found boy names MUCH more difficult than girl names for some reason. We had Kate all lined up for another girl, but never got to use it. :)

To go with Samuel David? Hmmm...how about

James Daniel (or Daniel James!)

Joshua Peter

Matthew James

Just some ideas.

Good luck! And CONGRATS!

I have to disagree with Tammy, having too many of the same initials can be difficult to sort out. What with current privacy laws, children's first names are not supposed to be in a lot of emails, and how would you differentiate them? (This comes from my experience as a teacher of twin boys whose initials are both JJJ and parents are upset that information keeps getting posted under the wrong name.)

Our two boys were Youssef (Joseph - love that he was used by God to save his family and two nations. Think big!!) and Elias (Elijah) who took big, bold stands for God despite popular pressure.

I have a Jakeb Andrew

(Jacob)

Some other ideas:

Jonathan Paul

Seth Daniel

Aaron Joseph

Solomon

Jonah

Silas

Simeon

Stephanas

Thomas

Titus

Zephaniah

Adam

Matthew Caleb

Micah

Jesse

Job

Nathan Philip

Moses

Asa

Barnabas

Eli

Enoch

Ezra

Gideon

Joel

Judah

Luke

Jude

Malachi

Nathanael

Nehemiah

Noah

Timothy

Thomas

And since he hasn't been born yet, it could still be. It was either Samuel or Judah for this one and we just decided on Judah this week. So Judah David it is unless we go back and forth again before Aug.

How about Caleb or Daniel?...those are the names of my other two and have served us well.

My favorite Biblical boy name is Luke, but my silly dh can't say the name without turning into Darth Vader..."I am your faaaaather" [eye roll].

We decided on Andrew Jack, but he is already called A.J.

Andrew is my dh's name, and Jack was what all the children wanted as the first name so we compromised. I wasn't sure about calling my son by his initials but my dh loves it and I've grown to love it too.

My second favorite boy name from the Bible is Nathan.

I'm so excited for you.

Jo