Menu

dh's cousin died in her sleep yesterday

on Sat she had a migraine, took meds for it which didn't work so she had an alcoholic drink which took the migraine away. So Sun nite she got another migraine, same story took her meds (I don't know what they are) which didn't work so she had another drink thinking it would work again. SHe died in her sleep. She has a wonderful husband and 2 dc, a boy in college and a girl in high school. Everyone is in shock. Pray for her dh, ds and dd , also her father who will be hit hard by this. Her mother (dh's aunt) had just died a few months ago.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so sorry, Jeannie!

Do you know what caused her death? I'm thinking it may have beens an aneurysm or a stroke, or probably less likely, a reaction to the alcohol/medicine combination, but whatever it was, it was a terrible tragedy, and such a shock to the family.

the thought right now is that it was an overdose based on the mixing of meds and alcohol. I remember years ago when she first found out that she was pregnant with her dd and I had just had 4 surgeries for infertility and was awaiting news for adoption of my dd that she (dh's cousin) was nervous to tell me that she was pregnant. I went up an hugged her and told her congrats and even tho her and her family live 2 hours away they would come up for my dc's birthday parties and a few times we would go down there to see them. My dd and her dd are friends on facebook. We are sad

I'm so very sorry, and have placed your family in my thoughts :( especially her daddy. I hope in time he's able to find comfort in knowing his two girls are together and never far from him.

It's never a good time to say good-bye to a loved one, but it's heart-breaking when you don't even get the opportunity to. I feel so badly for her spouse and children, and everyone whose life she touched.

Maybe it wasn't the meds or alcohol but what was causing the migraines instead. Perhaps an aneurysm as some have mentioned. They can cause severe headaches before they rupture. That is so sad regardless of how it happened. Saying prayers for the whole family....