Menu

Your favorite meal to bring to someone?

Beef stew, bread, salad, and dessert.

Certain times of the year when it goes on sale, I've brought ham, rolls, potato casserole, green beans, applesauce, and dessert.

Please, no lasagna. We've received many, many meals over the years are are sick of lasagna. Seriously, none of us will eat it now. Maybe others still love it...

Having been on the receiving end of many meals in the last 2 years, can I first of all say how much they are appreciated!

Also, I guess it depends on the reason for sending the meal but for me, living at the hospital with my son, and then being at home with him, and then being at home without him, we ate A LOT of rubbish and junk food when left to our own devices, so hearty and healthy things like beef stews were bliss for us. We weren't even bothered about puddings. Meat and vegetables were what we were desperate for! :001_smile:

Emma x

My number one was always lasagne. Then I took my son to see "We Bought a Zoo" with Matt Damon. If you've seen that, you know what i'm talking about. LOL

We still do that on occasion, but we also do chicken and rice, tacos or easy assembled things, in summer i've done strawberry and chicken salad with fresh bread. Homeade soups or stews...

Some of my favourite meals to deliver are:

salisbury steak, potatoes baked in cream sauce, salad, dessert

meatballs, rice dish, salad, dessert

sweet 'n sour sausage, side dish (rice or potatoes), salad, dessert

Sometimes rye bread or french bread buttered and warmed up (or wrapped in foil ready for the oven).

My sister-in-law just had her 4th dc (a son) and I'm looking forward to bringing her a meal this week. Thanks for the wonderful ideas posted. I'm always looking for something that is easy to carry out and easy for the family to clean up later. Some of those hearty soup suggestions would fit that bill perfectly!

Edited by janie_ranae

I find that most people bring a pasta type dish so I try to be the meat gal.

I bring ginger/apple pork roast with scalloped pots and swedish red cabbage and whatever dessert I think of.

I've done chicken & dumplings (if I am one of the first to bring)

Cornish game hens cooked in lemon/garlic/brown sugar

I did notice nobody mentioned cinnamon rolls. I would highly suggest those. ;)

:iagree:

I think it is nice to throw in some kind of breakfast-type bread. I am quite certain I have neither the patience nor skill set to make Jean's cinnamon rolls, but I can make banana bread.

As far as a meal, I like to take brisket (one from Sam's), hash brown potato casserole, green bean bundles, and grape salad. Throw in some hoagie buns and barbecue sauce so they can make sandwiches as well.