Menu

if you are a praying sort of person...

...I could use it. I am 21 weeks and some odd days pregnant with our second child. Since Tuesday I haven't kept much food down and little fluids. I went to the ER yesterday and was diagnosed with a raging systemic infection. They discharged me on oral antibiotics. It was also notices yesterday that my blood pressure was very high for me, a concern especially due to the pregnancy. I have just gotten worse today and had to leave work because of persistant vomiting. I had my blood pressure taken at work and it remains high. I know I should go back to the ER, but the hospital my OB is an hour away and I'm honestly too weak to drive. The local hospital is, well, small and kind of useless. My husband is at work till tomorrow, and I am just feeling very sick, concerned about the baby, and really emotionally worn out.

Thanks.

Fortunately DS thinks that hanging out with Mommy and watching Thomas the Train is wonderful, so he is manageable. :). I was pre eclamptic with him, though not till much later in the pregnancy. The concern is that this infection is triggering the pre eclampsia again, this my high BP readings.

Thank you for the prayers. My husband is on his way home from work and is going to take me back to the ER. I can't keep the oral antibiotics down and am now having a hard time breathing, plus spiked a high fever, so we assume I need IV antibiotics to keep the infection from spreading.

Thank you again.

...I could use it. I am 21 weeks and some odd days pregnant with our second child. Since Tuesday I haven't kept much food down and little fluids. I went to the ER yesterday and was diagnosed with a raging systemic infection. They discharged me on oral antibiotics. It was also notices yesterday that my blood pressure was very high for me, a concern especially due to the pregnancy. I have just gotten worse today and had to leave work because of persistant vomiting. I had my blood pressure taken at work and it remains high. I know I should go back to the ER, but the hospital my OB is an hour away and I'm honestly too weak to drive. The local hospital is, well, small and kind of useless. My husband is at work till tomorrow, and I am just feeling very sick, concerned about the baby, and really emotionally worn out.

Thanks.

Praying! Make sure to sip 4 ounces of water every hour if you can, if not chew ice chips...the dehydration can affect your blood pressure...praying for you!

Thank you for your prayers...I was diagnosed again with the original systemic infection today plus double pneumonia. My BP remains high but we are just monitoring it for now, and the baby appears to be fine.

Then on top of it my twenty month old has gotten sick, and I got so much grief at work about taking time off that my husband is going in tomorrow to work my shift.(He is a per diem employee there.) Please pray that I can keep perspective and know that God is working eveything out, no matter how overwhelmed I am(did I mention my boiler AND my dryer also died this weekend? Sigh...)

Edited by MedicMom
because I can't spell when typing on my phone

Thank you for your prayers...I was diagnosed again with the original systemic infection today plus double pneumonia. My BP remains high but we are just monitoring it for now, and the baby appears to be fine.

Then on top of it my twenty month old has gotten sick, and I got so much grief at work about taking time off that my husband is going in tomorrow to work my shift.(He is a per diem employee there.) Please pray that I can keep perspective and know that God is working eveything out, no matter how overwhelmed I am(did I mention my boiler AND my dryer also died this weekend? Sigh...)

:grouphug: