Menu

Video game addicts, post here!

I know I'm not the only one with the problem! Lol this is a spin off of the WTM name thread since it started to take a video game turn.

I honestly didn't think this was a board where I would ever meet other "gamers".

Maybe all of us that play WoW can exchange email addys so that we could play together with Real Friend ID. I would love to have other WTM'rs to play with.

Some others I play are Starcraft (huge learning curve and requires tons of strategy...still learning), Minecraft (haven't played in awhile since my DS7 had taken it over), The Sims 3 (love this game!!), Warhammer Online, Tropico 4 (another strategy game but a city-builder).

What do you play?

LOL - I was thinking we needed a s/o.

You mentioned Skyrim and that made me laugh. My son-in-law is a big Skyrim fan - we bought him the soundtrack for Christmas.

I'll have to keep your suggestion in mind when I get a hankering to try out a game.

Have you heard of Good Old Games dot com? www.gog.com ? My SIL bought a couple of old goodies from that site for our 10yr old. It has all the oldies,but goodies (so I'm told) available to download.

LOL - I was thinking we needed a s/o.

You mentioned Skyrim and that made me laugh. My son-in-law is a big Skyrim fan - we bought him the soundtrack for Christmas.

I'll have to keep your suggestion in mind when I get a hankering to try out a game.

Have you heard of Good Old Games dot com? www.gog.com ? My SIL bought a couple of old goodies from that site for our 10yr old. It has all the oldies,but goodies (so I'm told) available to download.

Just checked out that site you mentioned. Oh my goodness! Keep me away! They have Rollercoaster Tycoon on sale for $4.99. That's another very very fun one. You build the rollercoasters, make a whole entire theme park, and keep all your peeps happy. The campaign is amazing. You can even ride the rollercoasters after building them which makes me feel kind of sick! LOL It even really makes my stomach have that feeling as if your on a real rollercoaster. I usually use Steam to purchase new games. They are having an awesome Holiday sale right now. http://store.steampowered.com/

I'm on a break from WoW. My kids stopped playing and it's lonely to play alone. I met one board member here who plays regularly. I signed onto her realm, but we never seemed to be on at the same time. :)

I've been playing Wii Zelda Skyward Sword lately. I hit a rough patch and am ticked off at the game! To be honest, I think I'm losing my ability to play games. My reflexes are no longer what they used to be. I've been playing video games since I was a teenager and I'm now 43. I don't feel old enough to be losing my skills!

I have a Wii and a Nintendo 64 in the living room. My ds15 has different consoles in his room. He got his gaming interests from me. :D

I used to play WoW. I was a priest (with a few alts) on Scarlet Crusade. We even started our own fairly successful raiding guild. I quit at 80, just before the new expansion. So I haven't seen how they changed the old world. I get tempted to go back (like they just offered me another free trial). But I spent entirely too much time on it and I need to pretend I'm a responsible grown-up :D It was fun, but I don't regret having my life back. (that's not meant to insult anyone else. I'm sure anyone else who's started a raiding guild understands not having a life!)

I'm on a break from WoW. My kids stopped playing and it's lonely to play alone. I met one board member here who plays regularly. I signed onto her realm, but we never seemed to be on at the same time. :)

I've been playing Wii Zelda Skyward Sword lately. I hit a rough patch and am ticked off at the game! To be honest, I think I'm losing my ability to play games. My reflexes are no longer what they used to be. I've been playing video games since I was a teenager and I'm now 43. I don't feel old enough to be losing my skills!

I have a Wii and a Nintendo 64 in the living room. My ds15 has different consoles in his room. He got his gaming interests from me. :D

We just got that game! How in the world do you thrust? DH and I are both stuck!! We hold the wii remote and thrust it toward the TV and it is not working.

I don't play those multi-player games that you play online with other people but I've always loved The Sims, I adore all the Diner Dash type games, and let's just say that I'm very excited that the next Final Fantasy game is coming out on January 31st. :D

I don't do online multi players either, and I'm not the biggest gamer out there... but I was just wondering if you liked FF XIII? I got started on it and was like, eh... didn't get very far bc I got kind of bored.

I used to play WoW. I was a priest (with a few alts) on Scarlet Crusade. We even started our own fairly successful raiding guild. I quit at 80, just before the new expansion. So I haven't seen how they changed the old world. I get tempted to go back (like they just offered me another free trial). But I spent entirely too much time on it and I need to pretend I'm a responsible grown-up :D It was fun, but I don't regret having my life back. (that's not meant to insult anyone else. I'm sure anyone else who's started a raiding guild understands not having a life!)

If you haven't played since then, you really should. The old world is amazing. The quests in Thousand Needles alone are fun enough to make another alt just to do everything all over again. The whole place is underwater now. If you are looking for someone to play with, I am Horde on Earthen Ring. Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my in-game name.

I don't do online multi players either, and I'm not the biggest gamer out there... but I was just wondering if you liked FF XIII? I got started on it and was like, eh... didn't get very far bc I got kind of bored.

I didn't at first, but it grew on me! And then I skipped the last FF game because it was one of those online multi player ones, so now I'm glad that they're going to have a regular one again, and it happens to be a direct sequel to FFXIII!

I know I'm not the only one with the problem! Lol this is a spin off of the WTM name thread since it started to take a video game turn.

I honestly didn't think this was a board where I would ever meet other "gamers".

Maybe all of us that play WoW can exchange email addys so that we could play together with Real Friend ID. I would love to have other WTM'rs to play with.

Some others I play are Starcraft (huge learning curve and requires tons of strategy...still learning), Minecraft (haven't played in awhile since my DS7 had taken it over), The Sims 3 (love this game!!), Warhammer Online, Tropico 4 (another strategy game but a city-builder).

What do you play?

I play WOW, but that's it. Dh and I have been playing in the same guild for 6 years now (Stormrage server). Dh's best friend is trying to get him to play Star Wars (and a number of our WOW guildies are over there at least for awhile), but it gets expensive to have to buy 2 copies of the new game and 2 subscriptions.

I play WOW, but that's it. Dh and I have been playing in the same guild for 6 years now (Stormrage server). Dh's best friend is trying to get him to play Star Wars (and a number of our WOW guildies are over there at least for awhile), but it gets expensive to have to buy 2 copies of the new game and 2 subscriptions.

I will play Star Wars as soon as I have the funds to go out and buy another video game. My monthly limit is done! Lol

I heard that its an excellent game though.

I play homeschool prep. :glare:

Lately it's just quick iPad games... Bejewled is the latest... along with a sudoku and nonograms.

Last winter I played King's Bounty: Armored Princess. That type of RPG is my type of game, but I can't handle 3D games, so that eliminates bunches of games I would play.

My son plays Mindcraft, CoD (online with my father), and is playing Morrowind right now :)

I love WoW... not as addicted as I used to be. Sometimes I only play once a week, sometimes daily. I don't have my own computer to play it so have to share, which keeps me from getting too obsessed.

I have the coolest WoW name ever though.... "madamemurloc!"

The music, art, it's all so beautiful. Sometimes I play just to listen to the music.

We just got that game! How in the world do you thrust? DH and I are both stuck!! We hold the wii remote and thrust it toward the TV and it is not working.

Make sure you're holding it horizontal to the floor and make a quick movement forward. I usually play sitting down but on the bigger fights I have to stand up. I think I'm holding the remote well while sitting down but I guess not.

I got really frustrated at learning to fly and I finally mastered it. I had a tough time fighting Girahim the second time and my son had to do it and he got frustrated too. And he's the excellent gamer in our family! I keep messing up when trying to play the harp. And after failing at the second fight with the Imprisoned, I turned the game off. That was 4 days before Christmas. I'm thinking of trying again tonight. I just hate games that frustrate me so much!

Make sure you're holding it horizontal to the floor and make a quick movement forward. I usually play sitting down but on the bigger fights I have to stand up. I think I'm holding the remote well while sitting down but I guess not.

I got really frustrated at learning to fly and I finally mastered it. I had a tough time fighting Girahim the second time and my son had to do it and he got frustrated too. And he's the excellent gamer in our family! I keep messing up when trying to play the harp. And after failing at the second fight with the Imprisoned, I turned the game off. That was 4 days before Christmas. I'm thinking of trying again tonight. I just hate games that frustrate me so much!

I'm the complete opposite! I love games that are frustrating. It increases your skill!:lol: but honestly, I don't like easy video games. I'm not happy with the last WoW patch either since Blizzard went back to making everything easy again. I'm sure it was to entice their younger fan base to come back who were complaining the game had gotten to difficult.

One of my Christmas gifts was a t-shirt with the words Knitter, Gamer, and Awesome on it with a little box next to each and a check mark in it. Too cool.

I am in the midst of playing Zelda Skyward Sword and the new Uncharted game. I got my own 3DS with games for Christmas since I was fighting with the kids over it. Whew...it feels good to admit I play games. I have been keeping it a small secret. The only ones who know are my husband, kids and one guy at Gamestop.

One of my Christmas gifts was a t-shirt with the words Knitter, Gamer, and Awesome on it with a little box next to each and a check mark in it. Too cool.

I am in the midst of playing Zelda Skyward Sword and the new Uncharted game. I got my own 3DS with games for Christmas since I was fighting with the kids over it. Whew...it feels good to admit I play games. I have been keeping it a small secret. The only ones who know are my husband, kids and one guy at Gamestop.

And I was nervous to start a thread like this in this board. So glad I did. I think they know me by first name at every GameStop I frequent. :lol:

I like playing games, but don't have much time. I don't play Internet games at all, but we have set up our computers to play LAN. My favorite is Titan Quest. My boys have worked out a way to clone weapons, which is handy.

I would love suggestions of multi-player games for LAN use, we have civ4 & 5, Titan Quest and Star Wars, I don't want gore. Thanks

Is this me?! I always look for you on RT when I log in! I was on for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday, I've been so busy with the holidays and traveling it just hasn't been an option for me to log in. Hopefully I'll see you in game soon!

My husband has been sucked in by Assassin's Creed so he hardly ever plays WoW with me anymore.

One window open to WTM.

One window open to Runescape. Just got 85 herblore and now working on 93 Fletching.

DS has been playing League of Legends today because he spent some of his Christmas $$ on a new skin. He plans on spending tomorrow in a Skyrim marathon. He has been working on Skyward Sword when he can get a turn on the WII (but we got Rockband3 for Christmas, so he doesn't get many turns there!)

Someone who shall remain nameless bought DD10 a Webkinz for Christmas. ARRRRRGH! We had enough computers to go around here, but now she is wanting laptop time too!

I play video games too, but I'm not on any MMORPGs at the moment. My guilty pleasure is Harry Potter Lego games on the Wii. I also like the Harvest moon games. My son just got Zelda skyward sword for Christmas, and I like the look of it (I did not like Twilight Princess!).

Well, I don't do any MMO's but I do love my Nintendo games! I have a 64, Gamecube and Wii, and play them all at differing times. My absolute most favorite game ever was Ocarina of Time for the 64, and I've been playing my way through it again using a Wii download. Just as fun the second time through!

Super Smash Bros Brawl is also a favorite. I play that a lot with my DS- and while we enjoy the brawling, it's the Subspace Emissary on there that we keep going back to, increasing our difficulty and trying to beat it again. Really fun!

Currently I'm also frustrated with Mariokart Wii. I have first place finishes on all my races, but my ranks need some work- I have way too many karts and people who haven't been unlocked.

We all play WoW... I'm on Shadow Council with dh... My highest level character is a 72nd level Worgen. My kids also play, usually together on Sisters of Elune.

We also are playing Skyrim. I loved Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and the first Bioshock. Can't wait for three!

Of course, we are seriously old-school and play pen and paper RPGs frequently.

And I was nervous to start a thread like this in this board. So glad I did. I think they know me by first name at every GameStop I frequent. :lol:

My GameStop does know my son and me. I love that I can walk in and ask Mark to find me a new game I'll like. He was surprised to hear that my son wanted a particular game for Christmas because it isn't his usual genre. They know us well. :)

Is this me?! I always look for you on RT when I log in! I was on for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday, I've been so busy with the holidays and traveling it just hasn't been an option for me to log in. Hopefully I'll see you in game soon!

My husband has been sucked in by Assassin's Creed so he hardly ever plays WoW with me anymore.

Yep! I wasn't playing enough anyway. I cancelled my account for now since I haven't played much. I'll probably pick it back up next month maybe. I do miss it, even though I'm not a good player. :)

Yep! I wasn't playing enough anyway. I cancelled my account for now since I haven't played much. I'll probably pick it back up next month maybe. I do miss it, even though I'm not a good player. :)

Beth, if you wanna play, let me know. I'm on Earthen Ring. I wanna make a druid, but holding off for someone to level with (not like I need another alt since I am on my 7th 85!). :001_smile:

We've all enjoyed Plants vs. Zombies in this house as some time or another on the Touches. Also Angry Birds, Flick HomeRun, Cut the Rope, Diner Dash, Flight Control, DropQuotes, GloBall, Fruit Ninja, Veggie Samurai, Bookworm, Sudoku, Bloons, etc :) We enjoys games as a family very much. We have strict gaming time rules but what we play we enjoy. I love that we have so much fun really plunging into the same game at the same time and then talking and laughing about levels and tricks. It's fun. :)

A few of us began WoW a few months ago. My 13 year old wanted to play and my husband started a character also in order to see what the situation was like and what we could expect our son to encounter. He ended up having fun with the game and playing with our son and I had a great time watching them play. Curiosity got the best of me and I started a character. I didn't do too great with her and hit about level 31 and wasn't having fun. Then a couple of months ago my husband and I started 2 worgens at the same time and are having a blast. Some times we get to play every or every other day. Some times it's several days before we can play again. I really (shockingly) enjoy it.

We are a gaming family but with moderation. :) We have a great time.

Oh, how fun! I knew there had to be other gamer moms out there somewhere!

I play mostly 360 games. Love, love, love Portal 1 and 2. Played Mass Effect 1 and 2 and waiting on 3. All the Halos (ODST was a disappointment though), in fact I just got the new re-mastered Halo 1 - the updated graphics make it so much better. Fallout, Rainbow Six - played that online a lot a couple years ago, Borderlands, Oblivion - about to start Skyrim if I can get it away from dd14 long enough to actually get into it, Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age, and Assassin's Creed - waiting to play Revelations as soon as dd14 is finished with it.

I've played tons of others but the ones I mentioned are the ones that I like the most and re-visit. We really like the multiplayer games the best (Halo, Rainbow, Borderlands) as dh and I can play together and with our older dc.

I'm really glad to see other adult moms playing video games. I often get the strangest looks from parents when I can talk to their teenage kids about this game or that game. They often say that they don't have time or don't want to waste their time on "something like that" but then in the next breath start talking about what they saw on Survivor or Desperate Housewifes. I'd much rather spend my spare time on an activity that is actually interactive and engages my brain. But...to each his\her own!

Happy gaming everyone!

Thanks figured it ou1! Our remote was dying. I went a bought a new one and now we have no problem.

question for you all

what's the best gaming platform out there right now?

DS got Mass Effect 1 and 2 for Christmas, but we don't have a PC capable of running it. A new PC will cost us 800$ if we build it ourselves - which we are able to do. An XBox is currently 130$ and we would have to re-buy the games. It still comes out cheaper. However, we most likely will have to buy a new TV.

So if we're going to invest that, which platform should we go for? XBox+Tv, or gaming computer?

So if we're going to invest that, which platform should we go for? XBox+Tv, or gaming computer?

My son prefers playing games on game consoles instead of the computer. He has an xbox360 among other systems. He feels more comfortable playing on a console, but he also plays games on PC too.

You should check out the exclusives each one offers. They don't necessarily share all of the same games. For example, I used to like playing online MMORPG games that aren't offered on game systems, i.e. World of Warcraft and Rift. Deciding on a platform would mean looking ahead into the future to see which one you might use more often.

I'm wondering which thing you are more likely to use most often? I love the idea of a gaming PC which would allow me to also use it as a regular computer. However, a brand new tv and dedicated game system is also cool. I don't watch much tv though.

I will be looking at the other responses too. I'm not sure we've been much help at all!