Menu

Will you indulge me in a self brag?

I finished my Bachelors in Nursing! I graduated with my Associate in 1997. Took 2 classes for my BSN 5 years ago but exDH wasn't supportive of me going to school so I quit. I started again last January. In one year I took 45 credits for 15 classes and got 11 A's and 4 B's with a GPA of 3.61. All of this while homeschooling, working 24 hours a week, being the sole cook/clean/laundress and being a farmer's wife. Can you say "I'M TIRED!" This last week I have stayed in my comfy sweats, sat on the chair with my computer in my lap watching videos on youtube on how to knit and I have taught myself to knit! I also started a book just for pleasure not for school! I wasn't going to take this week off of school for DD either but I have also taught her how to single crochet and we have done lots of sewing/crocheting/knitting/felt crafts just.for.fun!!!!!! I have decided not to pursue my MSN/midwife at this time for multiple reasons but the main ones are money and less time with my girls. I am glad I finished this goal though! Thanks for the indulgence!

I finished my Bachelors in Nursing! I graduated with my Associate in 1997. Took 2 classes for my BSN 5 years ago but exDH wasn't supportive of me going to school so I quit. I started again last January. In one year I took 45 credits for 15 classes and got 11 A's and 4 B's with a GPA of 3.61. All of this while homeschooling, working 24 hours a week, being the sole cook/clean/laundress and being a farmer's wife. Can you say "I'M TIRED!" This last week I have stayed in my comfy sweats, sat on the chair with my computer in my lap watching videos on youtube on how to knit and I have taught myself to knit! I also started a book just for pleasure not for school! I wasn't going to take this week off of school for DD either but I have also taught her how to single crochet and we have done lots of sewing/crocheting/knitting/felt crafts just.for.fun!!!!!! I have decided not to pursue my MSN/midwife at this time for multiple reasons but the main ones are money and less time with my girls. I am glad I finished this goal though! Thanks for the indulgence!

Woohoo!! That's wonderful. I never finished college and it's been on my mind lately.

Rock on with you're bad self! :D

I'm all of, uh, 3 classes into my associates in Nursing. Which may change to something else before I actually finish; I was looking into the ultrasound tech program the other day.

Dh isn't in favor of me returning to school right now, but we discuss it twice a year before semester sign-up begins. I love and miss school. Sometimes, my brain gets bored, and I REALLY miss school.

Either way, I won't likely do anything but finish my pre-reqs in the next 10 or so years, as dh and I have decided I won't enter a full-time program until the youngest is 16 or so. So, I have time. I'll be *gulp* 44 then. Anyone want to assure me that's not 'too old' to enter a nursing (or otherwise) program?