Menu

Dd8 just finished her homemade Christmas gifts...take a look!

I took the flower idea from here and then she just used different colored beads that we had left over from other projects. For the backs I showed her how to slip a piece of felt in between the prongs of a bobby pin and then she hot glued it wavy prong side down to the bottom of the flower. See attached to get an idea of what I'm talking about (notice that she used a round piece of felt for the base to start the flower. She just used satin material and felt we had left from other projects so the only thing we had to buy was a pack of bobby pins.

post-12547-13535085931754_thumb.jpg

Edited by 5LittleMonkeys

Aime, those are adorable! I've got a link somewhere to make those, but I've never gotten around to it. I'd love to have some.

If your dd really enjoyed making them, and has any leftover or any leftover materials, I'd be very happy to support a fellow crafter by buying them from her. :001_smile:

Aime, those are adorable! I've got a link somewhere to make those, but I've never gotten around to it. I'd love to have some.

If your dd really enjoyed making them, and has any leftover or any leftover materials, I'd be very happy to support a fellow crafter by buying them from her. :001_smile:

pm'ing you.

Those are beautiful. Did your dd use a lighter to melt the edges?

Yes. She didn't do all of them though. I held about half of them and turned them while she held the lighter and then I did the other half of them myself. This is the "little bit" of help that I mentioned in my first post. It didn't take much time at all. She used about 12-14 petals for each flower and it took about 2 minutes to melt the edges of the petals for each flower. Had she been older, 11\12 I would have let her do this part herself with me watching but she is a bit too little for it right now.

Yes. She didn't do all of them though. I held about half of them and turned them while she held the lighter and then I did the other half of them myself. This is the "little bit" of help that I mentioned in my first post. It didn't take much time at all. She used about 12-14 petals for each flower and it took about 2 minutes to melt the edges of the petals for each flower. Had she been older, 11\12 I would have let her do this part herself with me watching but she is a bit too little for it right now.

I wonder if a candle flame could be used. My dd probably couldn't handle the lighter and flower simultaneously. She could rotate the circles through a candle flame though, if that would work.