Menu

Hobbit trailer! A Christmas gift from Peter Jackson!

I can't wait! We are studying The Hobbit with the Progeny Press guide after Christmas followed by the LLFLOTR. This movie (followed by yet another watching of the LOTR trilogy of course) will cap the whole thing off perfectly. Talk about good timing....:D

Do you realize that next year's movie is just the first half of the book?

Still good timing for you, though. :) We are soooo excited about this movie coming out.

We are reading the Hobbit for the first time (first time for me also) and are enjoying it a lot. I'm excited for this movie and may even go to the regular theater to see it :001_smile:

I thought about moving on to the LOTR books but my dh thought they might be too gory for the kids. My kids aren't all that sensitive. What is a good age for LOTR?

Kelly

I think it looks great! Where do you think they will break for the next movie? I'm thinking after the spider incident would be a good stopping place. Any other ideas?

Oh, and was anyone else a little weirded out with the brief clip of Gandalf and Galadriel? I hope they don't imply a romantic relationship there. I hate it that some kind of romance has to be in every movie, whether it fits well in the plot or not.