Menu

Today's Lecture

I sometimes hear my mom's voice coming out of my mouth: "Look with your eyes and not with your mouth."

:lol: I hear my parents' voices in my head but I don't let it out of my mouth, as their version was, "Do you want to bet a spanking?" As in, you say it's not there and you can't find it. Do you want to bet a spanking? I really want to say it. But I don't...so far at least. :lol:

:lol: I hear my parents' voices in my head but I don't let it out of my mouth, as their version was, "Do you want to bet a spanking?" As in, you say it's not there and you can't find it. Do you want to bet a spanking? I really want to say it. But I don't...so far at least. :lol:

Hmm. How about "Want to bet a dollar?" :D

Amazingly I've used this and have never had to carry out the threat :D I tell them if I come looking for it and find it in a fairly obvious place(or somewhere I've told them to look) then they are paying up!!!

At this moment ds13 is looking for his sleeping bag to go deer hunting in about an hour. He is bouncing a tennis ball as he looks which takes more of his attention than actually looking. He KNOWS he left it in the living room a week ago when he came back from a basketball tournament so "someone" obviously moved it. You think? Seriously? You are going to leave a sleeping bag in the living room for a week waiting until you go somewhere again? I don't even get how this much anticipated deer hunting trip, on his birthday no less, has not put a fire under him to be frantically searching...but it hasn't. He just walked through the room again and said tennis ball has now changed to a basketball he is twirling on his finger...as he looks, of course. I don't get it. But I refuse to look.

My cousin has a spitfire of a daughter. Picture a tiny 3yo yelling at her older twin brothers, "Are you looking like a man or looking like a woman?"

Hilarious! I think I may use that one on hubby next time. He often accuses me of being too sarcastic ;)...I am constantly on the lookout for more whitty remarks and such :tongue_smilie:

I use, "how much are you going to pay me when I find it?" That works well.

But I also tell DD she is like a 6 month old who thinks when an object is behind another object it "disappears"! She is almost 13 and still hasn't figured out how to move objects and look behind them...

Around here, the kids tell me they can't find something. I tell them to go look for it. They respond, "But I don't know where it is." Well, yeah, that's kind of the point and not productive.

:lol:

I've been known to read the dictionary definition of the word to them as they look. Sometimes they find it amusing. Sometimes not. I have committed my favorite definition to memory so I don't have to drag out the dictionary every time. :tongue_smilie:

(My favorite is, "to exercise the power of vision upon.")